vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Beta patch is out.

What are the patch notes?
GENERAL

* Fixed save game issues on single core machines

* Fixed game asking for non-existent drives

* Fixed release control issues where some players were unable to unlock correctly

* Fixed a Steam-specific issue related to VO not playing after switching languages**

What does BETA mean?
BETA means:

* Users apply this patch at their own risk. In general, we recommend you only download and apply it if you are affected by the specific issues listed in the patch notes.

* **Steam does not support BETA patches. Steam users will have to wait for the final non-BETA patch before they can take advantage of these fixes. We're working on it but, unfortunately, this will not occur in time for the weekend.

Tathaga

Best Mind****er
NV users :X

Dragon Age 2 Low Performance on Nvidia Cards GTX 460 560 470 570 480 580 Fermi SLI - AnandTech Forums

Krow

Crowman
Thanks , that sounds like a fair price. And yes, PC version - console games cost a bomb in india.

EDIT : It looks like they only support NEFT transfers , why can't some of these stores accept Debit card payments directly? :p . I find NEFT transfers to be a hassle , honestly.

IIRC, you can transfer cash to their HDFC/ICICI account too. Just find a branch near by and it is quite simple and hassle-free (unless you are lazy like me ;) ). But their service is pretty good. Fast shipping. :)

cyborg47

Technomancer
In lothering village right now.
Still not sure how do i use this 'tactics' thing, anybody help with that?

gameranand

Living to Play
Its a pre order thing for your squad. Say you want that your squad membet will use health potion whenever his health goes below 50% then you will have to select self then health<=50 (something like that) and in other pane use item health potion. Similar way is used in combat also. If you want that whenever the enemy is above 50% health your mage will use winter blast then you have to configure that. Trust me on this If you don't use this feature in this game then you are going to be in big trouble because you can't monitor every squad member that when there health is going down what power they will use. Its all through this feature.

healerneil

Broken In
Bioware must have forgotten NVIDIA when they thought of implementing DX 11...very high settings gives a frame rate of 15 and you know it's not because your hardware is falling short because you see all kinds of black blobs and missing textures over some areas..no problem on ATI cards.so there has to be some error in coding..on high settings runs fine with 4x MSAA though personally, I can't find any difference nor have eagle eyes to discern the finer advancement in details over the two during actual gameplay..
On a personal note, I do agree with IGN review..the characters aren't that involving as much as DA:eek:rigins which made it an epic though the spell effects are pretty awesome..especially fire based..and pretty gory!
Till then, keeping fingers crossed for a patch from bioware, and back to Darksiders for now :p

(Posted after nearing the end) : Yeah confirmed..characters aren't that likeable except maybe Varric..though "abilities" branches are awesome..combining reaver/berserker/vanguard with 2 handed :) Gory bliss. I would still want Morrigan :'-(!!!

NV users :X

Dragon Age 2 Low Performance on Nvidia Cards GTX 460 560 470 570 480 580 Fermi SLI - AnandTech Forums

Last edited:

Tathaga

Best Mind****er
@ healerneil

how much fps do u get on everything max in outside like where there is open landscape ?
i get 17 :X [win7 32bit]

healerneil

Broken In
Open landscape like in Hightown, minimum drops to around 32..averaging 35-40 on 1600 X 900 with 4x MSAA and High settings with SSAO enabled in options (DX 10)
In wounded coast or on Sundermount areas , min touched to 22 though average is 30-35..more or less same..haven't seen much fluctuations during fighting or roaming, and overclocking doesnt improve frame rates like it does with BF:BC 2.
Using FRAPS and Windows 7 64 bit and high res texture pack. Haven't checked out at the max resolution(1920X1080) though 'coz shortcut buttons become too minuscule.
Game is definitely poorly optimised for Nvidia cards..ran it on SLI borrowing my friends GTX 460 with beta 267.xx drivers, hardly any appreciable improvement.
Fun fact : GPU utilisation 60-70% on single card on VERY high settings (DX 11) with black textures scatterred all over appearing and dissappearing like some primal magic in the game ...40-60% per card on sli (MSI Afterburner reports) and crappy fps, drops to 2-10 on sli!!(1920 X1080)..surprisingly GPU utilisation increases (80-90%, never 100) on DX 10 (high settings) with the game absolutely running like a charm!!! ....Nvidia users will scream for blood..lets hope crysis 2 gives us something to cheer about.:-x:-x
In short, a big mess up!!

@ tathaga..couldn't help noticing..you have 4gb of ram..wouldn't you have got full 4gb utilisation with a 64 bit os? (just asking :))

@ healerneil

how much fps do u get on everything max in outside like where there is open landscape ?
i get 17 :X [win7 32bit]

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
hmm ok.. i saw someone said its just 20 hrs... i am playing it for like 30 hrs plus already and its still not near the end.
I also feel the same, loosing a bit of interest now. I loved DAO... Though i love the new dialogue system like Mass Effect, the game itself isnt all that interesting. And the environment seems repetitve.
Anyways, i wanted to know if i could get back bethany later. I let her out of the deep roads excavation. So, wondering if i should reload it back from before and take her. Dont want her to go to the templars

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I wonder the same. I am now in my 15th hour of the game. And haven't even started Deep Roads Expedition yet. Wonder how folks managed to complete it within 20 hours!!

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ I think they just go for main missions never talk to anyone or do anything extra at all. For me I like to enjoy the game at its max so I usually complete every side quest, go to every place, talk to anyone who is willing to talk and other crazy stuff.

Soumik

Padawan
same here... i literally search for any thing or anyone clickable in every area :D.
Anyway, dont want to reveal where i am now, cause its ahead of you guys... dont want to spoil the story for you.
So far just missed one secondary herbalist side quest cause i couldnt find one of the ingredients.. and another seconday quest of dead bodies disposal, again couldnt find the bodies to dispose :p. Rest all completed :). Though I want to play it again to the best possible solutions. A lot depends on your decisions. Thats what i like about these Bioware games :D.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah thats right. Even in DAO every decision you take has a direct outcome on your ending and I always take good decisions.:D:D

Soumik

Padawan
Good for you... it really confuses me as to which decision would have the best reslt, and i end up taking a wrong decision :(

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I actually save just before the talking and try different dialogues. Have you played enough RPGs??? If yes then you shouldn't be facing this problem because I am used to it and if no then its a common problem with the guys new to RPG genre.

Top Bottom