Dragon Age II

gameranand

Living to Play
Playing on hard difficulty and its still not hard. Completed many quest and recruited most companions except Isabela. How to recruit her ??? When will she join me as I'll have her as my romantic companion. Can't believe I have to accept a whore as Hawke's romantic companion but others are worse. Only companion better than her is Bethany and unfortunately she is sister. :-x:-x

gameranand

Living to Play
Completed Deep Road Expedition. Are everyone in this game are betrayers ?? I mean most guys are. I love the combat of the game though with fire from sky, ice, and all that. Combat is really irritating I mean there is a room with 6 foes so I'll make a strategy for six foes now once I have killed about 4 foes 6-8 more foes spawn from nowhere and pisses me off. I died many times because of this and second time its piece of cake as I know how many foes are there and make my strategy accordingly. Bioware has really done a bad job here. Its OK you make me fight 16 foes but at least mark them so that I'll make strategy how the heck quanaris and humans spawns from nowhere to attack me. Also really pissed off with Bethany gone. I mean I was quite comfortable with her fire powers and she is just gone like that and my strategy is gone for good. Playing with Isabella but she has very low health and always gets killed in combat.

About environment man o man they are good but all are the same. I mean you get the same damn map of cave for all the caves in the game, same dungeon for all missions. WTF ???
I gotta admit that I am liking the game nevertheless because of just the combat. Also I can't talk to my party anytime so can't get their approval at all. Damn game is full of flaws.

gameranand

Living to Play
Goddamn you Fenris goddamn you. Damn I didn't knew that his companion quest in Act 2 was a random encounter so I just completed it and saw that now in Act 3 I have no option to talk to him. Damn I have to play Act 2 again. :-x:-x

gameranand

Living to Play
Finally on Act 3 with level 20. :D Got two armor piece of Champion of Kirkwall armor set. Man thats the best looking armor in the entire game. :))

gameranand

Living to Play
Just met with Meliana and Zevran from DAO. Man entry of Leliana was quite cool and so was her dress but Zevran was too fair as compared to previous game.

Dammit made a mistake in early Act 3 and now I need to play whole Act 3 from the beginning. This is freakin ridiculous. :-x:-x

gameranand

Living to Play
The only armor which is quite nice in this game is Champion Armor. DLX armor are good but don't serve you well as they did in DAO. Got the complete Champion set though.

Soumik99

Journeyman
Just a little inquiry(after watching some youtube videos),it seems the combat animations of this game are faster(i mean DA2, of course).. I generally don't care about the story as long as the gameplay is strong. people say it is a little more hack n' slash, is that true? and does it work well?

Alok

Adventurer
^ well you won't find strategy there , unlike DaO its more action oriented. It was a disappointment.

What you mean by "work well" ??
Its well optimized but i never managed to play it in directx11 mode , every time it freezes at loading screen.

Soumik99

Journeyman
i mean does the action oriented approach the devs took work well with the package?
hmm, i see... i probably won't be playing this then.. but I really want to :( . maybe its just that origins has made me crave for more stuff and though it seems i won't get it from da2, i can't help thinking about it.. xD. anyways a lot of good games are coming right this month.. so no more da2 questions. :))

gameranand

Living to Play
Well yes this game is more of a hack n slash than strategy. Story is weak and gameplay is not good as compared to DAO but if you see this as a indivisual game and stop comparing with DAO then its a good game but still lacks the punch. As for me I completed this game on hard on my first playthrough and still it was damn easy for me also I played it on dx11 and didn't got any black or freeze screen whatsoever.

Alok

Adventurer
[NEWS]

1. Upcoming expansion for Dragon Age II has been canceled.
2. Ultimate Edition has been canceled.

3. Dragon Age III is well under its way.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
just pray that dragon age 3 does not have mediocre last level choices like ME3
Control the Templars
create a synergy between mages and templars(creating a new class the TeMage)
Destroy the templars

Top Bottom