Dragon Age II

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Installed the texture pack. For a DX10 user, it does makes a difference, things are bit more detailed now.

Without HR textures
*img148.imageshack.us/img148/6662/dragonage22011030908410.jpg

With HR textures
*img26.imageshack.us/img26/3127/dragonage22011030908405.jpg

Without HR textures
*img35.imageshack.us/img35/8493/dragonage22011030901474.jpg

With HR textures
*img839.imageshack.us/img839/8207/dragonage22011030901480.jpg

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Big NO for co-op. And yes, despite the class you choose (warrior/Mage/Rogue) there is plenty of Hack N' Slashing to do. But It will not work like traditional hack and slash. Like Left click for strong attack, right click for light. Instead, there will be list of possible attacks. we have to just click the attack icon downside to pull that off. Just give it a go. They revamped the game a lot.

Vamsi , do you mean the Combat system is like Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic? (Don't know if you've played it, it's made by Bioware, also my favourite RPG ahead of Chrono Trigger).

I didn't play the original Dragon Age because I kept hearing conflicting opinions on how **** it was and how cool etc. Maybe I'll give it a try...provided I can scrounge up a 1 TB External HDD :p

I have one question about the heck-n-slash elements of this game.
Is it like DMC or is it like click on the foe and the character engages the enemy with predefined moves. ?

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
The second method. Not like DMC or GoW. And each attack will have a cool down time and will take some amount of Stamina which takes time to regenerate.

gameranand

Living to Play
jojothedragon said:
I have one question about the heck-n-slash elements of this game.
Is it like DMC or is it like click on the foe and the character engages the enemy with predefined moves. ?
Its like you select a power for upgrade at leveling up. In combat all the powers are displayed on bottom of your screen and have a particular cool down timer and adding to that these works on stamina so you are out of stamina you have to do simple fight. You know its more like making strategy and executing them say stun em with mage unleash blade fury while stunned like that.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Whats with this dumbing down thing?..the whole dragon age 2 metacritic user reviews page is filled with negative reviews..

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
They stripped all the RPG elements to the basic level. Infact, I'm now starting to miss the good old Hard Core RPG elements. It is not that much appealing to hardcore fans of DAO (Incl. me). Initially it was fun.. combat was nice, Cutscenes were great, Voice acting is improved. But, as I am progressing now.. I am starting to feel it. There is option to chat with buddies at any given times, skills are gone, Rest of the features like enchantment and portion making are brought down to a basic level. Map navigation is kind of weird. Not bad, but weird. It worked flawlessly in DAO. Wonder why they changed it. It is still helluva fun none the less.

And PC version got 84% which is not bad. But just OK when compared to it's predecessor. But I'm sure that the people who skipped DAO because, it isn't their type- will find the game entertaining now.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
This is some hardcore RPG we are talking about. Obviously there will be high expectations from RPG guys.. but Bioware instead of making the guys please, pissed them off by stripping and toning down the features in order to grab attention from other set of gamers. Personally, I'm not that much disappointed. It is still a great game. Hey, every game can't be a Dragon Age Origins. That was a rare mix and a success we will see like.. once a decade.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well yeah it is a disappointment after DAO because RPG elements have been really cut off. Now its more of action game rather than hardcore RPG. I liked DAO much more than this but still its one of the best RPGs available for now.

cyborg47

Technomancer
EA bans player from playing Dragon Age 2 for calling them “Devil”
In what appears to be a tottaly unfair practice, it appears EA are banning people from accessing their legally purchased copies of Dragon Age 2 if they were vocal about their displeasure regarding the game over at the official Bioware forums.

One particular case in point is of VWARE, a user who got banned for accusing Bioware of “selling their souls to the EA devil”. He agreed that it was fair to ban him from the forums for 72 hours, however was shocked when he realized that he can’t access his Bioware social account and activate his recently purchased copy of Dragon Age 2.

more here - EA bans player from playing Dragon Age 2 for calling them “Devil” - GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog

Seems EA is going for 'wider audience' crap like activision.
sad.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Recently I found out that if you get banned in EA forums, You'll loose all the EA store games, achievements linked to that account. Bad EA.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Its not about the price they sell their games for, I like EA in that case too.
But its that supression on the gamers that EA creates, that dude over there didnt abuse EA or used any foul language, all he said to bioware was 'you(bioware) sold your souls to the devils(EA)'...banning out of the forum for time being is alrite, but banning him from playing the game he bought with his own money is WRONG!
And who knows, these kind of things might even force people to go the illegal way. :|

Last edited:
OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ Dude. Kiss her.

BTW, earning money for deep roads expedition funding. The missions are not as interesting as the previous one. But they are fun nonetheless.

Top Bottom