Dragon Age II

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Started downloading. Speeds are low. Just 120KBps. :(

I hope that it picks up.

---------- Post added 23-02-2011 at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was 22-02-2011 at 10:44 PM ----------

Just completed the first mission. They tweaked the game to make it fast phased.. unlike the first one. I was able to clear hordes of blight and an ogre in no time. Visuals are smooth and frames are solid. There is DX9 and DX11 support (No DX10!!). But game world felt a bit rough and empty, as there isn't much greenery here.. barren lands, rocks and bare tree trunks. And the thing that deserves a special mention is.. interface. They have changed it completely and new interface looks and behaves uber smooth.

*img718.imageshack.us/img718/876/dragonage2demo201102230.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

*img683.imageshack.us/img683/876/dragonage2demo201102230.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Expect demo to run a lot better than the first game. That is what happened to me. It ran a lot better compared to Origins.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Dx11!?!?!?!?!? o_O
can somebody post a review of this demo?
I heard the game is simplified?

Last edited:

varunb

Working in an IT company
The demo turned out to be buggy. It froze & crashed just when my character was fighting the horde in the rocky terrain. I checked on the internet & found that other demo users were also reporting crashes. So will try it out in the evening again. I was playing on all highest settings.

Consider changing your PSU. Seriously. Very very bad PSU and you're running GTX 460 on it?
I too have read about CM 600 extreme power plus smps. The SMPS will do fine if your rig doesn't requires more than 560-580W for prolonged periods. You can ensure that by not overclocking your rigs' components.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ico: I too have read about CM 600 extreme power plus smps. The SMPS will do fine if your rig doesn't requires more than 560-580W for prolonged periods. You can ensure that by not overclocking your rigs' components.
It actually won't. :( It has sub-par components and poor efficiency. It is hardly a 400w PSU which is being sold as a 600w.

Overclock.net said:
eXtreme Power Plus 400W - 650W:
These are garbage, ACBel's cheapest, shoddiest units, and they're everywhere. Not one of the EPP line can deliver more than 2/3s of its rated wattage. Even at their "real" ratings they're poor, barely keeping in spec in most cases. I place the eXtreme Power lineup only one tier above generic units from Leadman or Linkworld or Sun Pro. No one should buy these. However, they're one of CoolerMaster's best selling lineups, because they're so cheap and they're stacked a score high in every retail store in the country. I've been into a Microcenter that had a literal 5 foot pyramid of eXtreme Power Plus 500W units; a shame I didn't have my camera. Don't let the CoolerMaster brand name fool you, these are the types of power supplies that you hear horror stories about.
On CoolerMaster (refresh) - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yea.. DX11. Although it doesn't show a DX10 option. It sure runs in DX10 when we choose dx11 on a dx10 card.

Too quick to write a review. I haven't even scratched the surface of the demo. There are 6 characters to choose from, plenty of dialogue options, abilities, etc.

varunb

Working in an IT company
Dude, like u I too have read various customer reviews & aI am also aware of the benchmark conducted on this smps & I don't deny what you say. Some people didnt report any problem, some did. Most of the complaints came from the very first model of this smps mainly about the fan noise....anyways...this thread is about dragon age so lets just keep to it....

varunb

Working in an IT company
Cyborg goto to some website (Antec Power Supply Calculator) & try to get a rough estimation of the current power consumption of your pc. If its above 450W, then you should get a new PSU & sell this one. Also if you are planning to upgrade your rig (I doubt you will dump GTX 460 in an year) & if your upgraded rig supposedly draws power more than 400-450W according to that calculator, then also dump this smps. Go for Corsair, Seasonic, Glacialtech, Cooler Master (esp not extreme power plus series or any made by Seventeam)

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
vamsi_krishna said:
Yea.. DX11. Although it doesn't show a DX10 option. It sure runs in DX10 when we choose dx11 on a dx10 card.
Thank god that I have DX11 GPU.
Damn I wasted about 2 gb bandwidth on this now I'll download it later when server gets quite less busy.

Last edited:
OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@gameranand, wasted? how?

@varnub, wait until Asingh gets here. He might create a thread in hardware qna section and move posts to that thread :p

cyborg47

Technomancer
:-| Ya i have already said that we should restrict this discussion to DA2 but cyborg just keeps coming back with his worries..lol :-?

lol..alrite, end of PSU discussion.
May be I should change my username to my real name, I kinda get a weird feeling being called 'cyborg' :p

Top Bottom