Do you own a desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Actually I played almost the whole year last year and my eye sight improved by 10%. So yeah, how did this even land here ? :-?

- - - Updated - - -

1.purpose:All out war between laptops and desktops.

Reasons for choosing gaming laptops:
1.upgradabilty.
2.customizabilty.
3.Can be modded.
4.overclockability
5.Easy to clean.
6.Great Ergonomics.
7.Portable

Point 2,3 and 4 are almost the same.

Arguable, except for 7th point.

The same and more is available to desktop users for much less price. Desktops offer more value and performance for much less price.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Arguable, except for 7th point.

The same and more is available to desktop users for much less price. Desktops offer more value and performance for much less price.

I never denied this point. I fully support the argument that desktops beat laptops in price/performance ratio.

Also, everything is true for gaming laptops. I am not talking about normal laptops.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Need both. Have both.

Desktop for proper work and proper gaming.

Laptop for the freedom and portability. To continue my work from anywhere.

These days everybody has a laptop. Desktops are secondary though.

Alienware etc should not be called laptops. They are suitcases.

As far as gaming is concerned, proper gaming on laptops which 90% of the people buy is a joke. I'm talking about these ~Rs. 45000, 15.6" and the stupid 1366x768 resolution. Most of these laptops they get easily heated up. They're only good for playing games like DoTA, FIFA etc. Long torture by playing intensive games is not advisable on the 45K ones.

For some reason, laptops have stuck on 1366x768 for over a decade. It is stupidity. I had a 1024x768 monitor in 1998 and my shiny new laptop in 2014 has only 33% more screen space. Funny and stupid.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am still waiting for a budget laptop with HD resolution. The day it arrives, would be a revolution.

Cilus

laborare est orare
People who defined HD Standard thinks and named it that way. HD means 720p or 1280x720 as per the definition , not what people started to thing apart from you.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
What people are forgetting I think is that a laptop is also a PC. the term "Laptop" is merely referring to its form factor.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
What people are forgetting I think is that a laptop is also a PC. the term "Laptop" is merely referring to its form factor.

:+1:

in essence this thread like those racist comments where people are attacked based on their skin colors while forgetting the very basic fact that they are all homo sapiens

just drawing an analogy. :p

you PC racists.

- - - Updated - - -

but can u drive it on any road?

the question in lieu of this thread should be: Can you drive it on a desktop as easily as you'd over a laptop.

:troll:

- - - Updated - - -

> First of all, you are posting in wrong section. Second, what is the purpose of this thread?

> Reasons for choosing desktop over laptop:

1. upgradibility
2. better configuration in same price
3. same configuration is much lower price
4. more processing power at same price
5. customizability
6. much longer warranty period than any laptop
7. can be modded
8. overclockability
9. easier to cleen
10. failure of one component can be quickly and easily compensated by replacing it with temporary part while orignal part is repaired
11. much better ergonomics

(Tell me if you want more points)

> Reasons for choosing laptop over desktop:

1. portability

> pts. 5 and 7 mean the same.
> pts. 2 and 4 draw the same obvious inference. it also logically infers to pt. 3.

:p :bananana:

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
:+1:

in essence this thread like those racist comments where people are attacked based on their skin colors while forgetting the very basic fact that they are all homo sapiens

just drawing an analogy. :p

you PC racists.

- - - Updated - - -

the question in lieu of this thread should be: Can you drive it on a desktop as easily as you'd over a laptop.

:troll:

- - - Updated - - -

> pts. 5 and 7 mean the same.

> pts. 2 and 4 draw the same obvious inference. it also logically infers to pt. 3.

:p :bananana:

Lol totally agree!!! I'm sure most of them haven't owned a performance laptop before and are just assuming based on past experiences with budget or business laptops
For me I have devices of all 4 categories - pc,laptop,tablets and consoles
And all reknowned models so I speak of my personal experience only
As for upgrades,if u buy a good config,it'll last long and a logical upgrade is a fresh new one imho
When core 2 duos came out I don't remember anyone upgrading from their old p4s

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Tablets IMO probably are the most unavailing devices out there for people having a decent Android Phone and a PC which is a basic bracket practically covering a monumental number of consumers over the world.

Lets derive the conclusion through an online CS match. Laptop team vs desktop team. Whoever wins will receive a gaming desktop from the loosing team. And I being the proposer of idea get two gaming desktops from 'each' team.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Lol totally agree!!! I'm sure most of them haven't owned a performance laptop before and are just assuming based on past experiences with budget or business laptops
For me I have devices of all 4 categories - pc,laptop,tablets and consoles
And all reknowned models so I speak of my personal experience only
As for upgrades,if u buy a good config,it'll last long and a logical upgrade is a fresh new one imho
When core 2 duos came out I don't remember anyone upgrading from their old p4s

yes. now, that we both have reached a consensus, lets put all the laptops in the gas chamber. :2subs::fc_bat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom