Do UFOs/Aliens exist, is Time Travel possible and more...

wallarookiller

Right off the assembly line
I think that UFOs and aliens are real. Just look at all of the UFO videos out there. I mean how much more proof do you need?

doomgiver

Warframe
actually, a lot more proof than that is needed.
such videos can be created easily using the tools available today.

what we need is solid, unshakeable physical evidence, like ufo parts/alien bodies/representatives etc...

just a bunch of videos and pics are not gonna be enough proof for many unbelieving fools out there

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
or maybe "indians" dont know what they are watching in the sky.
take our genial village idiot chewing paan.
do you think he wonders what is that light flying so fast in the sky? he'll just think its an aircraft. and even if he has some sort of "encounter" do you think he will tell anyone? he'll just keep quiet else ppl will think he is crazy or whatever.

maybe they target developed countries coz they know they are the sources of resistance/danger zone/place which might be a problem to them.

or a more possible thing is: developed countries with a bigger army & technologically superior are investing in many UAVs & stealth aircrafts. these maybe just some prototypes.

i am not saying no UFO, no alien. there exist a billion galaxies with a billion stars in each one. nobody knows what we can find in these stars/planets & if we do find life (any some type) what is their technological reach. or maybe they are in themselves capable of making time travel or long distant journey (across billions of light yrs) without the need of any spacecraft. possible.

there maybe some that can do timetravel by themselves. some needs some craft to cover long distant journeys & some may still be in a undeveloped form (single cellular bodies).

pauldmps

Banned
Anybody here has read Stephen Hawking's "A brief history of time" ? It poses as well as answers some very interesting questions.

Here is what I think:

There is high probability of extra-terrestrial life as the universe is symmetrical as a whole. However, the probability of intelligent life is pretty low. Even if intelligent beings exist, they're millions of light years away from us (far from the range of Hubble space telescope & other such long range devices). So unless they have discovered some way to travel through space-time fibre, it'll take very-very long time for them to reach earth (the special theory of relativity rules out velocity greater than velocity of light). I also believe that if humans could not find a way to travel in space-time, no other being can. So those UFO sightings are not alien ships, whatever else they may be.

About time-travel, the only way to do this is by creating a high gravity object (like black holes) which changes the curvature of space-time. As many of you may be aware, the two factors which affect the curvature of space-time are velocity & gravity. The special theory puts a limit on velocity so we're left only with gravity for time-travel.

Again, the question is: If time travel will be possible in future, why don't we see people coming from future back to our time ?

doomgiver

Warframe
or a more possible thing is: developed countries with a bigger army & technologically superior are investing in many UAVs & stealth aircrafts. these maybe just some prototypes.
very true. modern stealth aircraft appear as blurs and 'anomalies' on the radar sets.
but look at the roswell crash.
the material in the construction "could not be creased in any way. if folded, it would return to its original shape"(sic). i'd like to see more such materials
i am not saying no UFO, no alien. there exist a billion galaxies with a billion stars in each one. nobody knows what we can find in these stars/planets & if we do find life (any some type) what is their technological reach. or maybe they are in themselves capable of making time travel or long distant journey (across billions of light yrs) without the need of any spacecraft. possible.

there maybe some that can do timetravel by themselves. some needs some craft to cover long distant journeys & some may still be in a undeveloped form (single cellular bodies
well, we dont even know if the life forms will be carbon based or not... look at the bacteria found recently in some desert.... they have arsenic instead of phosphorus in their dna bases... who knows what other life will look like.

also, there's roughly 200 billion stars in a galaxy the size of ours. and there's a estimated 300 billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Anybody here has read Stephen Hawking's "A brief history of time" ? It poses as well as answers some very interesting questions.
dude, hats off to you if you managed to understand it in one go!!! it took me a week and 4 readings to figure it all out.

There is high probability of extra-terrestrial life as the universe is symmetrical as a whole. However, the probability of intelligent life is pretty low. Even if intelligent beings exist, they're millions of light years away from us (far from the range of Hubble space telescope & other such long range devices). So unless they have discovered some way to travel through space-time fibre, it'll take very-very long time for them to reach earth (the special theory of relativity rules out velocity greater than velocity of light). I also believe that if humans could not find a way to travel in space-time, no other being can. So those UFO sightings are not alien ships, whatever else they may be.
what if they dont want to contact us, for the fear of disturbing our natural evolution, like star trek's prime directive?
what if they are also looking for life, aka, SETI, but are using some other tech we are not aware of?
what if they have found our transmissions and are in the process of decrypting and understanding it? what if it takes several decades/centuries for the return signal to reach us?

About time-travel, the only way to do this is by creating a high gravity object (like black holes) which changes the curvature of space-time. As many of you may be aware, the two factors which affect the curvature of space-time are velocity & gravity. The special theory puts a limit on velocity so we're left only with gravity for time-travel.
damn, didnt know time travel was possible via 'velocity'..... plz explain?
Again, the question is: If time travel will be possible in future, why don't we see people coming from future back to our time ?
hehe, if i was from the future, i'd make a killing on the stock markets and hide my identity for the fear of prosecution, lol. guess whos making a lot of money on the stock market right now.

good to see that finally this thread is receiving the brain-juice it so deserves.
keep it going.

tl;dr - you need to read the whole thing to understand it, sorry

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
^^
I did understand about half of what he has written (you need an active imagination for that)
If you figured out the whole text in 4 readings, than you've done a commendable job.

Now coming back to your question. As your velocity increases, the watch on your hand slows down with respect to a watch which is at rest. When you reach the speed of light, the watch stops & time stops (including your age). So say that you're travelling at a speed of light in a device. The time for the world passes by as usual. Say you come out of the device after 4 years w.r.t objects at rest. Since time had stopped for you (& your age too), you'll find that the world has fast-forwaded to 4 years.

The following equation describes the variation of time w.r.t velocity. Gamma is the Lorentz factor.

time on earth = gamma x time on your watch when your velocity is v.

*upload.wikimedia.org/math/f/e/1/fe1f9915b0a030c391a76635634cfcfe.png

When your velocity is very small, v^2 is negligible in comparison to c^2 (c is speed of light).
Hence, (1 -v^2/c^2) is almost equal to 1. So the time on your watch coincides with the watch on rest.

As your velocity becomes comparable to "c", the expression (1 - v^2/c^2) is much lesser than 1. Hence the time slows down.

Now work out what happens when v^2 = c^2 yourself.

Assassin

I killed my phone, Again!

Well... The thing you claim to be a UFO might be a TIME MACHINE travelling in past. NO ?
Think, why cant any radar system, Satellite or telescope detect the UFO when it is approaching the Earth ? How does it come from clouds and again vanishes in clouds ? Why dont Aliens wear a Space suit, because I think they need one to survive on earth. Why do they have a posture very similar to humans ? Why do they have hands, legs, head, eyes and all other organs same like Humans ? Why dont they have any other body shape like a tapeworm... or an octopus... or an Amoeba ??? Why ?
and that is not all I want to say, just lazy on keyboard. there area tons of point to think on.... :wink: take your time.

doomgiver

Warframe
Well... The thing you claim to be a UFO might be a TIME MACHINE travelling in past. NO ?
Think, why cant any radar system, Satellite or telescope detect the UFO when it is approaching the Earth ? How does it come from clouds and again vanishes in clouds ? Why dont Aliens wear a Space suit, because I think they need one to survive on earth. Why do they have a posture very similar to humans ? Why do they have hands, legs, head, eyes and all other organs same like Humans ? Why dont they have any other body shape like a tapeworm... or an octopus... or an Amoeba ??? Why ?
and that is not all I want to say, just lazy on keyboard. there area tons of point to think on.... :wink: take your time.

the radar cannot detect a b-2 flying wing bomber too, does that make it an ufo?

you have a better chance of catching a white rabbit in snow than of catching a ufo on telescope

come and vanish into a cloud? wtf?

umm, have you actually seen one with/without a space suit?

why does a dolphin, a shark and a goldfish have a fin on thier back? convergent evolution, similar postures/appendages for similar jobs.

im lazy too, so do use google a lot :)

doomgiver

Warframe
uhhh, grandfather clocks?

well, i read in this really good sf novel that time machines would need to "ground" the excess "temporal charge", like grounding the electric potential in modern appliances.

sounded reasonable

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ If you think, we as a normal human being, are all Time-Travelers, and traveling in time, with the rate of 1 sec per sec. :)lol:)
But, seriously, I won't call time traveling "just" in future, a Time Travel. Since, it can also be achieved, say by Freezing (hibernating) someone, and just wake him/her after 100 years!

sygeek

Technomancer
Of course, they exist. Even NASA says so, they even might be on earth but the government may have been hiding it (Roswell UFO Incident).

Time travel is theoretically possible. Practically, we will have to wait.

doomgiver

Warframe
time travel is a mind bending subject. there was a star trek novel which had a very nice spin on it. i'll post a link if i find it.

Top Bottom