display switches off and on just for a second or so...

OP
evil_maverick

evil_maverick

Journeyman
I also tried hooking up a wire to the computer and putting the other end of wire in the wall with a nail..but tat didn help either..still got current running thru the cabinet..

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
are you getting shock when you touch cabby?
then it is sure a earthing problem...

that "wall" will not be a good source(maybe the nail didnt conduct properly...) to bring the cabinet volatge to a neutral level...
cal your electrician, he will check if there is earth wire in your switch board and check with a incandiscent bulb if it is working or not.

or else get a new earthing done(hole in earth and copper wire, blah blah...)
many be the apartment should do for you if youre rented... its their responsibility
earth failing could be hazardous in some places(washing machine?)

icebags

Technomancer
not like that...
a bad cable you have has improper sheilding thats why it is picking interference from nearby high voltage wires(230v ac) and disrupts the digital signal and we get a blank screen

change cable this is the sure solution and nothing related to earthing.

i too use a 200rs cable but it is a good one,
recently gor a 10m hdmi 1.4v cable and no issues, because it is a good cable.

only what you can do is try all the cables you have...

what cable u bought ?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
what cable u bought ?

weill i have 5 hdmi cables now...
2- the ones with that cool-looking fiber/plasctic wound on the plastic pipe(which covers the bare wires) are performing well.
2- oridnary black cable one is performing bad (sreen blanks if anything in the house is swiched on.)
1- got a 10m just 2 days back.(whith that cool looking thingy and it is also good.)

these are based on my experience, i dont say that the cool looking cables are extremely good approved cables.

OP
evil_maverick

evil_maverick

Journeyman
are you getting shock when you touch cabby?
then it is sure a earthing problem...

that "wall" will not be a good source(maybe the nail didnt conduct properly...) to bring the cabinet volatge to a neutral level...
cal your electrician, he will check if there is earth wire in your switch board and check with a incandiscent bulb if it is working or not.

or else get a new earthing done(hole in earth and copper wire, blah blah...)
many be the apartment should do for you if youre rented... its their responsibility
earth failing could be hazardous in some places(washing machine?)

if there is current running thru the cabby does it mean current leakage / a faulty smps? ?

OP
evil_maverick

evil_maverick

Journeyman
oook....so.... got the earthing prob fixed....but the flickering problem still persists....
ordering a belkin cable online.....hope this fixes the issue....
and hope the g.card or any other component of the desktop isnt faulty......

Ajnas123

Broken In
I had the same problem at home with a dell monitor. We swapped hdmi cable with dvi and problem was solved..

The funniest thing is...
My friend works in an mobile app development company as a UI designer.
The designer group sits in a common area and using 24" dell monitors...
They have switches for lights...
And the same flickering happens on most of their monitors if someone turns on/off the switches..

flyingcow

Shibe
even when i game on my LED tv (may it be ps3 or pc) with any cable branded or cheap one i get flickers/interruptions on the screen when someone tunrs the fan on/off or changes the speed or even if someone rings the bell...i dont think its a hdmi cable issuse

OP
evil_maverick

evil_maverick

Journeyman
even when i game on my LED tv (may it be ps3 or pc) with any cable branded or cheap one i get flickers/interruptions on the screen when someone tunrs the fan on/off or changes the speed or even if someone rings the bell...i dont think its a hdmi cable issuse
Than what is it???????
& is your setup connected through a spike guard????

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I had the same problem at home with a dell monitor. We swapped hdmi cable with dvi and problem was solved..

The funniest thing is...
My friend works in an mobile app development company as a UI designer.
The designer group sits in a common area and using 24" dell monitors...
They have switches for lights...
And the same flickering happens on most of their monitors if someone turns on/off the switches..

Yes same in my case just swapped with a DVI cable the problem was solved but later I bought a good Belkin HDMI for 1k and this time also the problem was solved.

Top Bottom