Diablo III Discussion

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
GOTY decision by watching trailers? Great.

Critics are having tough time deciding which one, even after playing that multiple times. They should contact you guys.

And, I highly doubt that D3 will hit the market this year.

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ I ain't posted that for GOTY I was just talking about visuals nothing more not even gameplay.

vamsi_krishna said:
I highly doubt that D3 will hit the market this year.
Yeah I also think so specially when they haven't launched anything officially.

gameranand

Living to Play
Gaurav said:
yep there's more chance that it won't... but Q1 2012 for sure...
Not sure enough. There are lot of examples where developers say it will release in Q1 and release it in Q4 or Q1 of next year so until release date come out nothing is sure.

Not sure enough. There are lot of examples where developers say it will release in Q1 and release it in Q4 or Q1 of next year so until release date come out nothing is sure.

All rumors will be quietened with beta date announcement.
That conference will be held in May this year. So fingers crossed.

Beta ----> SIX MONTH GAP ----> Final Launch.

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Lets just hope so. After watching the release dates being postponed again and again for many great titles I don't have faith in TBA anymore.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
All right, I'm locking this thread for a while.

---------- Post added 11-03-2011 at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was 10-03-2011 at 10:25 PM ----------

Thread unlocked. Keep your discussions restricted to Diablo III only. :)

Thread unlocked. Keep your discussions restricted to Diablo III only. :)

Thnx. :grin:

I hereby ask all people reading this thread to keep things on topic as much as possible. That means no debates on whether Crysis 2 or BF3 will be better than D3 in terms of gfx or gameplay or that they are a better choices towards being GOTY winners. If you guys need to ask something about D3 or even D2, then do so without any hiccup. You can also post latest news or similar. You can discuss about D3's gameplay mechanics and how it is different from D2. You can discuss about your favorite class in the game or which class would you want to play with. And basically anything that is Diablo related.

This is an elaborate description of what ico had posted right before this.
So be warned.

Thank you. :)

With regards,
Gaurav Bhattacharjee

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

About the five classes that are in Diablo III.

Barbarian: A melee battler who relies on heavy armor and brute force to avenge the destruction of the Worldstone and sacred Mount Arreat. Even though the Barbarian is returning from Diablo II, many skills have been added for Diablo III, such as Ground Stomp and Hammer of the Ancients, which are mixed in with more familiar skills including Whirlwind and Leap Attack. Despite many changes, the overall play-style of the Barbarian in Diablo III should be similar to the previous incarnation. Barbarians utilize Fury, which builds up when dealing and receiving damage, as their resource. Some of the Barbarian's skills cost no Fury, and others, such as War Cry, build up Fury for early on in combat.

Demon Hunter: Quick ranged attackers who thirst for vengeance against the monsters who destroyed their towns and families. A Demon Hunter relies on quick movement through Vault to create distance between themselves and advancing demons, while also utilizing traps to create choke-points and ranged attacks to slow and damage enemies. The Demon Hunter features returning Amazon skills, currently limited to Multishot, although more Amazon skills could be introduced in some form. The Demon Hunter's resource system is currently under development, but it appears as though they may use two different pools. Hatred is a quickly regenerating resource used for low cost and burst damage skills, while Discipline is a slowly regenerating resource used for more strategic skills and gadgets.

Monk: Fast, combo-based melee fighters who spend much of his life honing their bodies to be an instrument of their one thousand and one gods. The Monk features a combination of holy and martial arts skills, along the lines of Seven Sided Strike, while also adopting the Paladin's auras. Not much is known about these auras other than the fact that they are part of the Monk's skill set, and short descriptions can be found in the wiki link above. The Monk also features some hybrid healing and attacking skills, which could prove invaluable if there is a lack of Health Globes in a tough situation. Monks use Spirit as their resource, which builds up when the Monk uses any of their three step combo skills and is consumed when using signature moves similar to Breath of Heaven or Wave of Light.

Witch Doctor: A voodoo spellcaster who hails from the Tribe of the Five Hills of the Torajan jungles in southern Sanctuary. Witch Doctors can use a variety of mid ranged spells such as Firebomb or Locust Swarm along with their pet Zombie Dogs or Gargantuans. The Witch Doctor also has a wide range of summon-based attack spells along the lines of Plague of Toads and Wall of Zombies, which summon minions for a short period of time to deal damage. Witch Doctors use Mana as their resource, which functions the same as in Diablo II.

Wizard: Supremely confident masters of the magical arts working towards personal gain and reputation. The Wizard is a long ranged attacker that has a wide range of skills based around Arcane, Lightning, Cold and Fire damage. The Wizard features versions of many different Sorceress skills, such as Meteor, Hydra and Teleport. The Wizard also has control over a few ray based skills, namely Ray of Frost and Disintegrate which can be used to devastating effect. Wizards also seem to have a few melee based and armor skills; Diamond Skin and Spectral Blades among others, which opens up the possibility of Battle Mages who get up close and personal with the minions of the Burning Hells. Wizards use Arcane Power as their resource, which is fast regenerating and capped at 100 but is otherwise similar to Mana.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@Gauvrav

Just now watched the D3 Gameplay video in HD and i am quite impressed, and gameplay mechanics looks good. Especially the hack-n-slash by that monk is awesome.

Do you think it will demand a high end GPU to play?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Gauvrav

Just now watched the D3 Gameplay video in HD and i am quite impressed, and gameplay mechanics looks good. Especially the hack-n-slash by that monk is awesome.

Do you think it will demand a high end GPU to play?
I actually think it'd be rather CPU intensive than GPU. Just like Starcraft II. And Havoc physics which is being used to render those hack-n-slash mechanism again runs on the CPU. A decent GPU will be still required though.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@ico

:enforcer2: (Going to loot the bank to buy a i7 proccy and mobo)

In that case, i hope all C2D's:)greedy:) will run the game at decent settings.

Fifth Batch
Well folks, on 11th March, Blizzard released their fifth batch of goodies for hitting the 650k 'Like' mark.
Below are the pictures posted on Diablo's Facebook page.

*i53.tinypic.com/2jczzm1.jpg

*i56.tinypic.com/23vbzhh.jpg

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Here are a few screen shots of the cancelled diablo 3(2000-2005), which was supposed to be a direct sequel to diablo 2.

more here - The First Screenshots from Blizzard North’s version of Diablo III | Diablo: IncGamers - The Unofficial Diablo 3 Site!

screenshots - Diablo III: Blizzard North Version - My Photo Gallery

Read about it a while ago, thought of posting it here

Here are a few screen shots of the cancelled diablo 3(2000-2005), which was supposed to be a direct sequel to diablo 2.

more here - The First Screenshots from Blizzard North’s version of Diablo III | Diablo: IncGamers - The Unofficial Diablo 3 Site!

screenshots - Diablo III: Blizzard North Version - My Photo Gallery

Read about it a while ago, thought of posting it here

Nice find. ^_^

[DiabloFans] The Guiding Parchment

One of the more crucial features of the interface is the map. Designed to guide players into unexplored areas, help them to return into towns, and overall find their way in the realm of Sanctuary, a bad map implementation can lead into countless moments of frustration. This is an editorial restating all that we can gather from the map functionality of Diablo III and comparing them with how the map was handled in the earlier installments; Diablo I and Diablo II.

Source

Top Bottom