Akira

Augmented Nerd
ADAM JENSEN IS BACK BABY!!! Booyeah!!
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has been confirmed and will be launched on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

The sequel to Deus Ex: Human Revolution was unveiled via Game Informer's latest cover and Square's official Twitter account.

The game is yet to be given a release date, but other details surrounding the story have been revealed.

The new instalment sees the return of Adam Jensen who joins forces with an Interpol-funded task force aiming to hunt down and capture augmented terrorists.

The game is set two years after the events of Human Revolution in a world where transhumans are now hated and feared.

Its been promised that Mankind Divided will continue the tradition of the series' open-ended gameplay structure and will include all new augmentations and abilities.

Confirmed abilities include:

Remote hack electronic objects
Projectile nano blades
indestructible nanoshield

Leaked images ahead of the official reveal show first-person action, with a lot of heavy weaponry and explosions on display, if the stealth isn't your cup of tea.

New encrypted file from #CantKillProgress. Decide what happens next and find more in 15 min: *www.twitch.tv/cantkillprogress. pic.twitter.com/iGNoj7kqq9
— SQUARE ENIX EUROPE (@SQUARE_ENIX_EU) April 7, 2015

ORIGINAL: The games developer are running an "interactive reveal" this week, focusing on a new title via a new Twitch channel.

Square Enix have yet to confirm what the title will be, only that it's being put together by a Western developer.

The new Twitch channel is called CantKillProgress and could hint at one of the Deus Ex universe's main themes of questioning the synthetic progress of mankind.

The channel is currently showing footage of a man held in a cell, being interrogated by some rather shady individuals.

Voting on what happens to the guy next is something being offered by the Twitch channel, with the countdown ending in three hours time (around 6pm).

Square Enix were revealed to have trademarked the name Deus Ex: Mankind Divided back in 2014, which followed an official announcement regarding the future of the franchise in 2013, including Deus Ex: Universe.

Head of studio Eidos Montreal, David Anfossi, said at the time: "The concept behind Deus Ex: Universe is to create an ongoing, expanding and connected game world built across a generation of core games.

"It’s a commitment on our part to deliver meaningful content that expands the franchise on a regular basis and to deliver a deep conspiracy that will span several connected Deus Ex games, creating a more immersive and richer experience than ever before.

"Deus Ex: Universe will include PC and console games, but also additional Deus Ex games and experiences available in other media such as tablets, smartphones, books, graphic novels, etc... You might have seen the name pop up recently in the press – well this is what it’s all about.

"I’m pleased to confirm that we are already into production of the starting point for Deus Ex: Universe with a new game for PC and next-generation consoles. We’re very excited about it at the studio and I wanted to let you know that most of the team behind Deus Ex: Human Revolution is already working hard on this new game.

"It took us four years to learn how to create a unique Deus Ex experience with Human Revolution and it was important for me to keep this knowledge within the franchise."

This interactive reveal from Square Enix: twitch.tv/cantkillprogress, is very interesting. You can check it all out as it plays here: Overmental

Apparently Tomasz is a terrorist and "Only know my part" guy, involved in a bombing. Most likely a anti-augmentation group, sounds Czech, from the accent. The medication he's asking could be Neuropozyne, necessary drug for augs. But could he be a part of Juggernaut, the anti-Illumanati group? So many questions...

But I know that this looks badassingly awesome. Hopefully they're counting the events of Human Revolution in new instalment. Cant wait!!!!

Will update this as the stream progresses...

*oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/04/Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided.jpg
*oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/04/Deus-Ex-Zenith.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

These are all the decrypted files from #CantKillProgress...instagram videos, hard to make sense of. Someone will, obviously:

File_01 - *instagram.com/p/1JGimqKW1B
File_02 - *instagram.com/p/1JlbSjqWw6
File_03 - *instagram.com/p/1LoTkyqWwH
File_04 - *instagram.com/p/1MJpYLE77y
File_05 - *instagram.com/p/1MeZrZKW-S

- - - Updated - - -

We all asked for this...

*media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/square-enix/deus-ex/mankind-divided/cover-982348/cover-reveal-spread.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Two important bits from the #CantKillProgress twitch stream(where plan of Tomasz's terrorist group is slowly unravelled):

Next one, Tomasz abuses his captors(who I think are actually Interpol, the "Good guys"):

Final Choice: The War continues.

- - - Updated - - -

Some more amazing pics:

*i.imgur.com/clOQzoz.jpg

*i.imgur.com/pFn0GDL.jpg

And this BADASS gif from the upcoming trailer...

*abload.de/img/jens2kbuor.gif

A trailer had leaked too, but was removed quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

The GameInformer Coverage trailer(Yes, the end choice of DXHR is being taken into account, apparently-the 'canon' one):

HOLY BALLS BATMAN!!! THE HYPE. IS. REAL.

I had hoped the new trailer would eclipse the DXHR trailer and it did...those nano-shields are goddarned amazing.

Here's a description from Eidos Montreal:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided takes place in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution and the infamous ‘Aug Incident’ in Panchaea that resulted in the death of millions at the hands of those who had installed augmentations. This event has created a huge divide between those who have augmentations, and those who do not. Amongst this emotional turmoil are various factions looking to manipulate the public by twisting public opinion of augmentation to further their own agenda and hide the truth of what really happened.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided also continues the story of Adam Jensen, a former biotech company security chief turned super-augmented, anti-terrorist agent playing by his own rules. Jensen has been empowered with all new augmentations, enabling him and the player a greater sense of self-control as they explore all new locations in-game. As social and political tensions reach a major turning point, Jensen and conspiracies surrounding the Illuminati continue toward an inevitable crossroads … and possibly, an epic showdown.

More to come...

Attachments

• Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided.jpg
    Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 211
  • Deus-Ex-Zenith.jpg
    Deus-Ex-Zenith.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 211
  • cover-reveal-spread.jpg
    cover-reveal-spread.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
OP
Akira

Akira

Augmented Nerd
HOLY BALLS BATMAN!!! THE HYPE. IS. REAL.

I had hoped the new trailer would eclipse the DXHR trailer and it did...those nano-shields are goddarned amazing.

Likewise....Have this game in library for more than 2 years and yet I didn't played it. :|

You're missing out guys. Deus Ex-the original, was the first real PC game I played(before it was all Contra,Mario,Roadrash, Monster Truck Madness :lol:). And it just got me hooked. So much complexity and such a thought provoking game...even now, I would say that Deus Ex is the best series of the decade. Yeah, better than half-life. If you want to play the original wait for a few more weeks because a HD mod is in progress...DeusEX:REVISION. With this, the original game becomes a lot more tolerable by today's standards.

DX: Invisible war, follow-up to the original was just meh. Ill recommend skipping it, because at this point, I don't think it even counts.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the prequel to the original game-and where you should really start. You'll be hooked by the time you complete the prologue, I guarantee it. The cinematic effect, the themes, the stealth and the action, it's all frikin badass.
And the music, what can I say about the music? Just watch the DX:HR trailer and I'll bet you get goosebumps.
The game is set in 2027, 25 years before the first game and 45 years before the second game, at a time when multinational corporations have grown in power beyond the control of national governments. The game follows Adam Jensen, the newly hired security manager at Sarif Industries, a growing biotechnology firm. After terrorists brutally attack Sarif's Detroit-based headquarters, the mortally wounded Jensen is forced to undergo radical life-saving surgeries that replace large areas of his body with advanced prostheses and internal organ systems. Returning to work, he becomes embroiled in the global politics of the human enhancement movement in the search for those responsible for the attack. Central themes to the game are the rise of corporations in globalization, espionage, human survival, poverty, and the ethics of advancing humans with artificial replacements for body parts.

One thing, if buying the game, make sure you get DX:HR DIRECTOR'S CUT. It has changed bossfights, more guns, seamless DLC integration and a director's commentary that's really worth the money. Besides it's all really cheap right now($14 on bestbuy, hell I got it for $5 back in 2013): Steam Link.

Last edited:

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
I have played Dues Ex: Human Revolution. Its strengths were:

1. A vast environment with lots of interact-ability. You can just complete the missions, do side jobs, or look for interesting information about the characters in the game.

2. You can go guns blazing, or you can go stealth. You can go through the game without killing a single guy, except the bosses.
Of course, they'll have to be made unconscious or so. You can't just trespass whistling all the way... :D

3. Good weapons range. Money system was there for purchases.

4. Characters used to talk well & interactively. So many multiple endings are there, including combinations of actions. Graphics were great.

5. And all this used to run on my laptop smoothly at 768p (Specs in my signature)! Its a smooth, almost bugless game, not the trash which Ubisoft, etc. makes.

6. Its a beautiful story, specially the videos of each of the multiple endings. There was China, USA, etc. of the future. Amazing it looked!! :)

7. The characters are well made. There was this pilot girl who used to like Jensen, one IT guy who used to hate him, one girl who Adam loves, a boss who looks exact bit a boss is.

I'm getting this Dues Ex: Mankind divided game at any cost!

I will not go for Far Cry 5 or Ass-Ass-In Creed in any case, seeing what the companies did to their earlier iterations... I'll talk through my wallet. Simple.
They make trash compared to the Dues Ex series. Yes, there is DRM, but its not a DRM fanatic or unfinished game, which will take 6 additional GB in updates.

Of course, all this is based on the assumption that Dues Ex will remain the same, as the company is the same.

OP
Akira

Akira

Augmented Nerd
Of course, all this is based on the assumption that Dues Ex will remain the same, as the company is the same.

Not just Eidos Montreal, the entire development team is returning. Dean-Francois Dugas, Mary Demarle and thank god, Michael McCann, the music composer.

Hopefully, we'll see the return of all the previous characters. Eliza is confirmed, maybe Sarif,Pritchard,and Faridah too? Malik did get her own novel, Deus Ex: Fallen Angel.

"It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here." ~Eliza Cassan

*i.imgur.com/i22bRuP.jpg
New Icarus, Anyone?

Attachments

• vlc 2015-04-09 10-08-42-82.jpg
    vlc 2015-04-09 10-08-42-82.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 207

gameranand

Living to Play
OK please help me out here. I haven't played a single game in the series and one the reason I didn't is because I like to play from beginning but the First game is unbearable on my eyes. Does it contribute to the story too much that I will miss or its OK if I skip that game.

Soumik

Padawan
Deus Ex Human Revolution is a prequel to the previous games. AFAIK...
So, you wont have any trouble getting into the story. I couldnt play the old games.. but i did play and loved Human Revolution. :)

Just so you know : The game is totally not like what the trailers show it to be. Its a stealth based RPG with lots of decision making involved, but the results of the decisions are subtle, yet very profound.. and not in your face like in other recent games.

- - - Updated - - -

One question i have is : I played the normal game. Now i bought the director's cut also. Is it worth playing the game in director's cut? The was too punishing for me to try and grundge through again without a lot of difference or new materials.

axes2t2

I am a cat
OK please help me out here. I haven't played a single game in the series and one the reason I didn't is because I like to play from beginning but the First game is unbearable on my eyes. Does it contribute to the story too much that I will miss or its OK if I skip that game.

You said the same thing about San Andreas.

Play the first Deus Ex atleast.

[Step by step modding-guide]: Deus Ex! I spilled my drink! : gaming

Deus Ex: Revision

OP
Akira

Akira

Augmented Nerd

Look..it's simple. The Deus Ex universe is divided this way(chronologically):
-Deus Ex: Icarus Effect & Deus Ex: Fallen Angel(Sci-fi Novels)
-Deus Ex: The Fall(Android and PC)
-Deus Ex: Human Revolution(Set in 2027, start of the universe and Adam Jensen's story)
-Deus Ex: Mankind Divided(Just announced, will continue Jensen's story in 2029, 2 years after DXHR)
-Deus Ex(the Original game from 2000, set in 2052, start of JC Denton's story)
-Deus Ex: Invisible War(story of Alex D, set in 2072. The game came out in 2004)

I'll repeat what I said in an earlier post:
Deus Ex-the original, was the first real PC game I played(before it was all Contra,Mario,Roadrash, Monster Truck Madness ). And it just got me hooked. So much complexity and such a thought provoking game...even now, I would say that Deus Ex is the best series of the decade. Yeah, better than half-life. If you want to play the original wait for a few more weeks because a HD mod is in progress.

My advice for DX? Wait for a few weeks then check this link: DX:REVISION. I'll update the thread when the mod is out. New graphics, better music and smoother gameplay, but the plot remains the same. Size of the project is about 1.8GB, and best of all, it's completely FREE.

DX: Invisible war, follow-up to the original was just meh. It was the Batman and Robin to the series- ok, maybe not B&R, but Matrix 3. It was good in parts, I liked it lesser and lesser as I went through re-plays. It has many mistakes, and a let-down from the original. I'll recommend skipping it, because at this point, I don't think it even counts. Eidos Montreal are building a newer story.

Deus Ex:the Fall. You might have played this on android, or god-forbid,PC. If you haven't then DON'T. I was right, this is the Batman and Robin of the series. It was clear Square Enix wanted to make a quick buck on the smartphone-gaming business, so they desecrated one of their best IP's for it. It's just not good.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the prequel to the original game-and where you should really start. You'll be hooked by the time you complete the prologue, I guarantee it. The cinematic effect, the themes, the stealth and the action, it's all frikin badass.
And the music, what can I say about the music? Just watch the DX:HR trailer and I'll bet you get goosebumps.
The game is set in 2027, 25 years before the first game and 45 years before the second game, at a time when multinational corporations have grown in power beyond the control of national governments. The game follows Adam Jensen, the newly hired security manager at Sarif Industries, a growing biotechnology firm. After terrorists brutally attack Sarif's Detroit-based headquarters, the mortally wounded Jensen is forced to undergo radical life-saving surgeries that replace large areas of his body with advanced prostheses and internal organ systems. Returning to work, he becomes embroiled in the global politics of the human enhancement movement in the search for those responsible for the attack. Central themes to the game are the rise of corporations in globalization, espionage, human survival, poverty, and the ethics of advancing humans with artificial replacements for body parts.
One thing, if buying the game, make sure you get DX:HR DIRECTOR'S CUT. It has changed bossfights, more guns, seamless DLC integration and a director's commentary that's really worth the money.

Deus Ex Human Revolution is a prequel to the previous games. AFAIK...
So, you wont have any trouble getting into the story. I couldnt play the old games.. but i did play and loved Human Revolution. :)

Just so you know : The game is totally not like what the trailers show it to be. Its a stealth based RPG with lots of decision making involved, but the results of the decisions are subtle, yet very profound.. and not in your face like in other recent games.

One question i have is : I played the normal game. Now i bought the director's cut also. Is it worth playing the game in director's cut? The was too punishing for me to try and grundge through again without a lot of difference or new materials.

It's not exactly stealth-based. DXHR originally, was more rewarding to those who played silent assassin. Combat was not satisfactory, thanks to budget constraints(answer to all of HR's problems, they just didn't have the money and had to cut much of it out). Now hopefully Square Enix have gained their senses and told EMontreal to go nuts. Iam sure the new game will be equally rewarding to stealth, action, and social skills.

As for Director's Cut, my suggestion is to wait till the game release nears, then pop it in and play through. Better boss-fights, Missing link DLC, Director's commentary, better optimised graphics. You'll be seriously pumped for DXMD. It's what I am gonna do :-D

New wallpaper...Angry Badass Jensen:
*game.wall404.com/wp-content/uploads/Game/DeusEx4/a/deus_ex_mankind_divided-adam_jensen-1920x1080.jpg
*game.wall404.com/wp-content/uploads/Game/DeusEx4/a/adam_jensen-in-deus_ex_mankind_divided-game-1920x1080.jpg

BoxArt:
*game.wall404.com/wp-content/uploads/Game/DeusEx4/a/deus_ex_mankind_divided-game-cover-wallpaper-1366x768.jpg

P.S: Did you guys know that DXHR had a whole level set in Bangalore? They had to cut it out, because they were out of capital to complete the level. They modified it into the chinese Hengsha city.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I had played DE:HR and it was awesome game

the best part about Deus Ex is that a mission can be completed in 'N' no of possible ways and N could be any number u imagine 20,30...50 etc
there was an image of a level in HR which was explained very clearly about it...

so it is similar to Metal Gear Solid (Stealth or Action) your choice

Top Bottom