aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
The micro transitions can be completely avoided in this game. They are prolly there because management put pressure on dev team. I agree it's still a very bad move but I finished the game with surplus in game credits and praxis kits (the things that are sold for real money in game store). This is a good game marred by bad business model.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Actually the game is too easy. Wish the game was harder.
Human rev was easy too if you went the stealth route. I found this very true to human rev and loved exploring the nooks and crannies of Prague.

The story is the only point where I feel it's terribly lacking I.e. post climax

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Human rev was easy too if you went the stealth route. I found this very true to human rev and loved exploring the nooks and crannies of Prague.

The story is the only point where I feel it's terribly lacking I.e. post climax

Easy in the sense like there are way too many items distributed in the level. Every gun at every corner. Every ammo at every corner. I didn't have to improvise at any path. I don't remember HR being this easy. I had to choose between carrying the guns and selling them or leave them for inventory space for other items and save time. They shouldn't have given the option of selling them in the first place like in the first DX or should have given at-least unlimited inventory space to save time. The first DX game was very balanced. There were limited resources so you had to use them wisely. The level design and detail is great though. Beats every other game till now in those regards.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Easy in the sense like there are way too many items distributed in the level. Every gun at every corner. Every ammo at every corner. I didn't have to improvise at any path. I don't remember HR being this easy. I had to choose between carrying the guns and selling them or leave them for inventory space for other items and save time. They shouldn't have given the option of selling them in the first place like in the first DX or should have given at-least unlimited inventory space to save time. The first DX game was very balanced. There were limited resources so you had to use them wisely. The level design and detail is great though. Beats every other game till now in those regards.
True, I was swimming in credits by mid game. And guns were surplus this time around. But I enjoyed playing it a lot, just like DXHR nonetheless. I never redeemed the preorder bonuses and by end of first act I did not even feel the need to.

Note: I miss the takedown punch sound from DXHR, that had a satisfying crunch to it :) Current one is more realistic, but that sound, dang!

gameranand

Living to Play
The micro transitions can be completely avoided in this game. They are prolly there because management put pressure on dev team. I agree it's still a very bad move but I finished the game with surplus in game credits and praxis kits (the things that are sold for real money in game store). This is a good game marred by bad business model.

So basically you don't need them ever to properly game right. I was curious as it will change my decision about buying the game. I don't like and support this model, so if it was game breaking thing then I would have avoided the game altogether. Its nice to hear from you that they are totally unnecessary.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
So basically you don't need them ever to properly game right. I was curious as it will change my decision about buying the game. I don't like and support this model, so if it was game breaking thing then I would have avoided the game altogether. Its nice to hear from you that they are totally unnecessary.
Completely unnecessary. As I understand the dev team had to add microtransitions as a last minute change because of pressure from higher mgmt. But Its completely avoidable. On Max difficulty too. In fact I did not even redeem my preorder bonuses, didn't need to and they still sit in my inventory.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
For the fist few missions the game was hard to sit through, the game wasn't compelling/interesting enough.
Now I'm liking every minute of it.
But as others have said, the game is easy.
I've only unlocked 2 augmentation(vision and the invisibility one) and the game is relatively easy(total 21 hours of gameplay)

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
For the fist few missions the game was hard to sit through, the game wasn't compelling/interesting enough.
Now I'm liking every minute of it.
But as others have said, the game is easy.
I've only unlocked 2 augmentation(vision and the invisibility one) and the game is relatively easy(total 21 hours of gameplay)

Explore everything, hack everything and 40+ hours.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Can I backup the game files?
I read online that it is possible, has anyone tried backup with disc+steam installation?

Wanted to move os and games to ssd I bought.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Can I backup the game files?
I read online that it is possible, has anyone tried backup with disc+steam installation?

Wanted to move os and games to ssd I bought.

Yeah you can simply copy game files. It should work as long as you install it back on your ssd before they release a new update.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Thank you [MENTION=295561]aniketdawn.89[/MENTION]
Will try this and report back

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Copy pasting worked.
The game is super smooth now..playing 1080 with high settings.
Before the ssd, it was laggy as hell.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
The game became smooth after ssd? Weird. Because once the game is loaded to memory before running there are no disk calls unless you are saving data. So ssd should not improve in game experience, it should affect launch time and overall OS navigation smoothness though

Killing Machine
The game became smooth after ssd? Weird. Because once the game is loaded to memory before running there are no disk calls unless you are saving data. So ssd should not improve in game experience, it should affect launch time and overall OS navigation smoothness though

Exactly what I was wondering too.

Sent from my RN3

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
It did somehow..I was getting hang ups to be exact..the game(video) would froze for a second with audio in background.

I suspected my hdd for this...not sure how it is running smoother now.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
It did somehow..I was getting hang ups to be exact..the game(video) would froze for a second with audio in background.

I suspected my hdd for this...not sure how it is running smoother now.

Okay, got it, game has an autosave feature so possibly it was trying to autosave when your hdd was unresponsive and game froze. Makes sense now :)

Top Bottom