Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

chintan786

In the zone
make a new thread bro, filling this questionnaire...

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Ans; 70k-80k max

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
strictly 14 inch

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: dell , sony, lenovo
b. Dislike: HP, acer, samsung

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
surfing, light gaming, AUTOCAD, coral

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
FHD only.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
weight as much light as possible, CD drive is not required, internet will through 3g dongle only, wifi is not priority, good BT

nandu26

In the zone
i have a xbox weird controller and its awesome for gaming ..best game pad ever ...i got it more than a yr back for ard 1.5k .....and about viewing angles ...i have a FHD display with anti glare the viewing angles are amazing ...the screen is visible from almost any angle .....i just compared my screen with my friends 15R-SE with true life....the difference is clearly visible .....FHD screen is awesome ...

What about font sizes in FHD while browsing, word processing etc? Are they too small to read from a distance?

dayslleepper

Broken In
I have wired Xbox 360 controller and it had the internal breaking of wire problem after about one year. But I got it fixed from a local shop for 60 bucks. Also Xbox controller is awesome you will not regret buying one! It looks great, it is comfortable, also most games show Xbox buttons even if you have other controller hence I feel it is well supported than other controllers.

Thanks for the advice will surely buy one tommorow...:wink: and nice to hear that it is repairable...

i have a xbox weird controller and its awesome for gaming ..best game pad ever ...i got it more than a yr back for ard 1.5k .....and about viewing angles ...i have a FHD display with anti glare the viewing angles are amazing ...the screen is visible from almost any angle .....i just compared my screen with my friends 15R-SE with true life....the difference is clearly visible .....FHD screen is awesome ...

Great to see alot of x-box users and have good results... Hope i too will review abt this one:mrgreen: But i am having Truelife one as FHD was not available at the stores and the great thing i never got a chance to seee the lappy, hmm i think it is going to 15day after buying... anyways i hope i can reach the home by 17th and want to blast in christmas :cool:

haha, i would have preferred black, cool for me.. :p
for screen protector, the link given previously i think is quite good: HCL 15.6 inches Antiglare Screen LG001A, LG001A, Antiglare Screen Protector, HCL Privacy Filter, Laptop Accessories Price India, Laptop Originals

But the probz is Rediff is showing 1675/-(White) And FlipKart is showing 2105/-(Black)... Which one i have to buy ?
btw i tried to buy Anti glare screen , got hang while transferring money to site even though money had gone from my acct and the Transaction status in Laptop orginals is NIL... Will call them 2morrow as 2day is holday 4 them and have to get my refund and pay them back..:oops:

santoshk87

Broken In
Hi, is it ok to go with the deafult win8 option that is provided with the dell inspiron 15r turbo laptop? all games and apps will run fine on it without compatibility issues?? or should i go for win7 ?

nandu26

In the zone
Thanks for the advice will surely buy one tommorow...:wink: and nice to hear that it is repairable...

Great to see alot of x-box users and have good results... Hope i too will review abt this one:mrgreen: But i am having Truelife one as FHD was not available at the stores and the great thing i never got a chance to seee the lappy, hmm i think it is going to 15day after buying... anyways i hope i can reach the home by 17th and want to blast in christmas :cool:

But the probz is Rediff is showing 1675/-(White) And FlipKart is showing 2105/-(Black)... Which one i have to buy ?
btw i tried to buy Anti glare screen , got hang while transferring money to site even though money had gone from my acct and the Transaction status in Laptop orginals is NIL... Will call them 2morrow as 2day is holday 4 them and have to get my refund and pay them back..:oops:

A protector is available for Rs 140 @ ebay.

ratul

█████████████████

well, then white will do too, paying ~500bucks more for black is'nt worth it.. :p

Hi, is it ok to go with the deafult win8 option that is provided with the dell inspiron 15r turbo laptop? all games and apps will run fine on it without compatibility issues?? or should i go for win7 ?

no compatibility issues are there with windows 8, you can go with either one of them, windows 8 lappies just are now using more secure BIOS mode, UEFI, making it difficult to install any other OS on your lappy except Windows 8.. Everything else is running gr8 on it.. :)

santoshk87

Broken In
Hi guys,

I am a bit confused between Samsung NP550P5C-S03IN (INR 59,995 on flipkart) and Dell Inspiron Turbo (INR 64,670) . I have chosen i7, 8gb ram, FHD config for dell.

I know this is discussed before. But at last plz answer me once since you all may have frens wid dat lappy. Is the heating issue still there ? Answer honestly, coz i will be keeping the lappy all time on my bed. so cooling pad doesn't matter.

Heating issue will be the only deal-breaker for me. Also, in the long - run heating reduces the life of lappy. Plz answer soon. I have to buy today.

ratul

█████████████████
Hi guys,

I am a bit confused between Samsung NP550P5C-S03IN (INR 59,995 on flipkart) and Dell Inspiron Turbo (INR 64,670) . I have chosen i7, 8gb ram, FHD config for dell.

I know this is discussed before. But at last plz answer me once since you all may have frens wid dat lappy. Is the heating issue still there ? Answer honestly, coz i will be keeping the lappy all time on my bed. so cooling pad doesn't matter.

Heating issue will be the only deal-breaker for me. Also, in the long - run heating reduces the life of lappy. Plz answer soon. I have to buy today.

For samsung heating issues, recent reviews claims no heating issues or throttling, better someone with s03 answer that..
As for Dell, there's no heating issue and i too use it on the bed only, except when gaming, when i put in on my laps.. :p
And it's true that long-run heating reduces the component's life, these are high end multimedia laptops, not designed for long run heated gaming sessions..
If you care about heating, buy DELL only, as GT650m, whether in macbook pro, HP, samsung anywhere is known to reach >80-90c constantly, it's made to heat and perform.. :p
And 7730m is not a bad card either..

saurabhraipur19

Right off the assembly line
For samsung heating issues, recent reviews claims no heating issues or throttling, better someone with s03 answer that..
As for Dell, there's no heating issue and i too use it on the bed only, except when gaming, when i put in on my laps.. :p
And it's true that long-run heating reduces the component's life, these are high end multimedia laptops, not designed for long run heated gaming sessions..
If you care about heating, buy DELL only, as GT650m, whether in macbook pro, HP, samsung anywhere is known to reach >80-90c constantly, it's made to heat and perform.. :p
And 7730m is not a bad card either..

well written answer ratul.
@ santoshk87
if u r not an extreme hardcore gamer and game occasionally (I mean ,not 5-6 hrs at a stretch everyday at full load) get sammy as it has good awesome speakers,better price,good design,and 2years warranty
otherwise turbo is the one to opt for.

Last edited:

santoshk87

Broken In
well written answer ratul.
@ santoshk87
if u r not an extreme hardcore gamer and game occasionally (I mean ,not 5-6 hrs at a stretch everyday at full load) get sammy as it has good awesome speakers,better price,good design,and 2years warranty
otherwise turbo is the one to opt for.

Finally ordered Dell Inspiron 15r turbo. FHD screen/ i7 / 8gb ram / win 8 multi-language.

After 3% corporate discount, total bill = INR 66,445

Last edited:

dayslleepper

Broken In
A protector is available for Rs 140 @ ebay.

Can u get me the link plz.. i had searched alot, only found the screenguard and all the antiglare ones cost more 1500+, i think u may also find the screenguard ones..

well, then white will do too, paying ~500bucks more for black is'nt worth it.. :p

hehe.... I will try to buy black one...:wink:

@Ratul & nandu26, I had just called Laptoporginals.com they told they got the money and will ship the item 2morrow and will change the transaction & order status 2morrow... So no worries for Antiglare for now.... going to order Xbox one... checking little bit cheap black one as my friend Ratul likes black:p

Is this a Trustful Site & Will they ship the item according to the time...GAMES INC. ??

ratul

█████████████████
Can u get me the link plz.. i had searched alot, only found the screenguard and all the antiglare ones cost more 1500+, i think u may also find the screenguard ones..

@Ratul & nandu26, I had just called Laptoporginals.com they told they got the money and will ship the item 2morrow and will change the transaction & order status 2morrow... So no worries for Antiglare for now.... going to order Xbox one... checking little bit cheap black one as my friend Ratul likes black:p

Is this a Trustful Site & Will they ship the item according to the time...GAMES INC. ??

have'nt heard of the site, but it looks quite good and trustworthy, but is a relatively new site, created last yr. only..
You can buy it from indiatimes too: Buy Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows - 52A-00003 online, Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows - 52A-00003 Price, Reviews @ Indiatimes Shopping

Finally ordered Dell Inspiron 15r turbo. FHD screen/ i7 / 8gb ram / win 8 multi-language.

After 3% corporate discount, total bill = INR 66,445

congrats bro.. :doublethumb:.

dayslleepper

Broken In
have'nt heard of the site, but it looks quite good and trustworthy, but is a relatively new site, created last yr. only..
You can buy it from indiatimes too: Buy Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows - 52A-00003 online, Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows - 52A-00003 Price, Reviews @ Indiatimes Shopping

But that one is wireless, i am choosing wired one more as i heard it is having some probz like battery charge, low response than wired, not comfortable while holding like that..:oops:

nandu26

In the zone

They say it is LCD screen protector Guard. don't know how the quality will be.

12" 15.6" 17" 13" LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR GUARD FOR ALL 14.0'' LAPTOP COMPTER TFT | eBay

dayslleepper

Broken In
They say it is LCD screen protector Guard. don't know how the quality will be.

12" 15.6" 17" 13" LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR GUARD FOR ALL 14.0'' LAPTOP COMPTER TFT | eBay

But These just protects screen from scratches and all, they will not give anti-glare appearance..Anyways Thanks alot:wink:

ratul

█████████████████
But that one is wireless, i am choosing wired one more as i heard it is having some probz like battery charge, low response than wired, not comfortable while holding like that..:oops:

oops, did'nt saw that, thought it was wired.. :oops:
so, best option is to get from Games Inc. or why don't you try finding it locally somewhere??
past month i inquired about it's price in nehru place (black), and it was 1.4k there, so you can find it cheaper than it's online counterparts...

@ratul: Between the Sony vaio S IPS FHD display and the Dell FHD display, which one do you think is better?

have'nt seen Dell FHD panel yet, but viewed some sony's past month, great color reproduction and very good brightness..
I can bet that Dell's FHD can't be better than that, as sony laptops mostly have the best displays out there...

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Dell has introduced new way to buy Dell products:

Dell Express Ship Affiliate

Check it out: Dell Express Ship Affiliate | Dell India

have'nt seen Dell FHD panel yet, but viewed some sony's past month, great color reproduction and very good brightness..
I can bet that Dell's FHD can't be better than that, as sony laptops mostly have the best displays out there...

I thought the same! Thanks :)

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Dell has introduced new way to buy Dell products:

Dell Express Ship Affiliate

Check it out: Dell Express Ship Affiliate | Dell India
that's awesome, they're pre-built, but all possible configurations are available and its affiliated to compuindia. so no need to get dell products from flipkart anymore :p

dayslleepper

Broken In
oops, did'nt saw that, thought it was wired.. :oops:
so, best option is to get from Games Inc. or why don't you try finding it locally somewhere??
past month i inquired about it's price in nehru place (black), and it was 1.4k there, so you can find it cheaper than it's online counterparts...

I had tried to order via Games Ink & call CC, they are telling they cannot ship to my place.. and atlast theitdepot guys called me back and tell me tht stock is available & u can order now... I just ordered now..:wink:

Top Bottom