darksiders II vs Batman Arkham City

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
does batman : AC have any sort of co-op.and is it a mandatory steam game or something?

i think i'll buy Darksiders II(personal opinion) and get;-)/borrow batman : AC

duke123

In the zone
Dark Siders 2? seriously!? Both Batman titles beat DS2 hands down!

Define normal? The game is perfect, even if it isn't set in the batman world.

You loved batman as a kid, yet so confused? Liar! :p
The game has a database of every thing/person you encounter, a little bit of reading will get you informed.

see i think every one misunderstood..by normal i meant its among the top games..not bad or average..so since the questioner has already played several best games he wont find anything mind blowing....he will play and forget...i felt the game different because i knew about him as a kid and i never played a game like that before...if i dint knew him i would have enjoyed the game and forget like the best titles out there... :peace

you expect to learn about characters with 2/3 pages of artwork..an entire batman movie is created just revolving around a single character...

ya everything is explained...just tell me i am a totally noob about batman...why doesn't he use any guns..and where is this explained in the game>>>:-?
and where the **** is this happening..whats all this magic stuff and assassins...

i have seen every batman movie at least thrice(except batman and robin) owns the animated series and many comics...

does batman : AC have any sort of co-op.and is it a mandatory steam game or something?

no co-op..just single player..only one batman is there because hes batman..

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
where the **** is this happening..whats all this magic stuff and assassins...

i have seen every batman movie at least thrice(except batman and robin) owns the animated series and many comics...

There you go..you just lied :|

First of all, its a Batman game, and the story isn't an origin, so you are expected to have some understanding about Batman and other characters from the comics and not Batman alone ;) It would be impossible for a comic book game to explain the origin of every major character, especially for a game with a scale of Arkham City. The in-game character biographies are a lot of help, but that doesn't mean you have to confine yourself just to those. You can always do your personal research through wiki's, movies, comics, tv episodes, etc..which, you say you already did :|

why doesn't he use any guns..and where is this explained in the game>>>

I'm sure at some point, Arkham Asylum and City both games clearly explain why Batman doesn't kill or use guns, probably in an indirect way. But if you were expecting to hear Batman say "I, Batman, do not use guns because..." kind of dialog, well..Batman stories aren't for you. Funny thing is that you say you knew Batman since your childhood, yet you still question why he doesn't use guns.

About that Magic and assassins, are you referring to Ra's Al Ghul and Talia's lady goons??

Well that's up to you. I'd suggest the other way around. All I heard about DS2 was that its just an average game.

btw, there are demos for Arkham Asylum and City, you say its your first time with batman games, those demo might help ;)

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
In a game when you don't know much about characters might make story confusing but that is not the case with Batman. Even if you don't know the background then also you'll continue. Say for example when in Arkham Asylum when I first met Poison Ivy then I thought whoa girls in Batman dress like that, thats awesome. :p but then slowly I get to know her personality and all.

duke123

In the zone
There you go..you just lied :|

First of all, its a Batman game, and the story isn't an origin, so you are expected to have some understanding about Batman and other characters from the comics and not Batman alone ;) It would be impossible for a comic book game to explain the origin of every major character, especially for a game with a scale of Arkham City. The in-game character biographies are a lot of help, but that doesn't mean you have to confine yourself just to those. You can always do your personal research through wiki's, movies, comics, tv episodes, etc..which, you say you already did :|

I'm sure at some point, Arkham Asylum and City both games clearly explain why Batman doesn't kill or use guns, probably in an indirect way. But if you were expecting to hear Batman say "I, Batman, do not use guns because..." kind of dialog, well..Batman stories aren't for you. Funny thing is that you say you knew Batman since your childhood, yet you still question why he doesn't use guns.

About that Magic and assassins, are you referring to Ra's Al Ghul and Talia's lady goons??

Well that's up to you. I'd suggest the other way around. All I heard about DS2 was that its just an average game.

btw, there are demos for Arkham Asylum and City, you say its your first time with batman games, those demo might help ;)

ok this is getting personal..

1)Answer to the question
story-ive played darksiders 1 so i'm curious to know what happens in DS2 btw ive not played Batman:AA so this will be my first batman game
the OP has clearly mentioned he enjoyed Darksiders and is curious but he has no idea about batman...
while you clearly says both DARKSIDERS as thump down without even playing.seriously:razz:(whatever you heard may not be correct its just n personal opinions)...
Every one has their own personal wishes..you can give help,dont try to force it down others throat...:twisted:

i have played both games i liked it..darksiders is a different perspective with magic,angels daemons,apocalypse and story is good.. not a big fan of it but not that bad....and darksiders 2 runs parallel with darksiders 1.. and even a 3rd is coming...
i clearly mentioned what i felt..i didint say batman was bad but there is no rule that you must love batman...if you can say darksiders thumps down without even playing it i can even say batman is S H I T:razz: ....mind your business pal..

read my first statement again..i clearly mentioned the game is for people accustomed with batman..you are supposed to have an idea with it...which you are again mentioning here...OP doesn't have any idea..again its personal choice...
many points in the game are related to the story,comic one is expected to have an idea..i know they throw random information here and there(how many of us will read it when indulged in the game?) and a good game its is not all about fighting ..you are supposed to follow the story rather than visiting wikipedia ,google regularly...the purpose of game is too enjoy/timepass ...batman AC is very good but you are also supposed to have some idea ..
if either of us enjoys darksiders over batman whats your problem...

thats why he choose darksiders over batman booooo...:p

2)Me being a Lier :-D(My question regarding batman not using guns,magic..)

of course i know ..i was referring to the game...and even if i dont know ---according to you i am posting everything here by searching wikipedia,wikia etc..so why cant i search that also rather than asking noobs(some one who advice to try demos:razz: com mon man if he can come and post here dont you think he knows there are demos/youtube walkthroughs out there) like you...i wasnt expect you to answer i was expecting why/where the game explained that...and its not simple to explain by just throwing in a random page,even you dont know:cry:

its good if you are batman fan live and die with him... please have the courtesy of reading the entire post before start trolling..and me being a lier or not is not none of your business..you can start a separate thread regarding that...:razz:

after all this fighting he has chosen dark siders which makes continuing this fight pointless::razz:

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
First of all, it wasn't getting personal at all. I was merely responding to you. Disagreeing with your opinion doesn't make me a troll or making it personal. The forum is already way too sensitive, so stop deliberately trying to push this into an argument and possibly getting this thread closed.

and me being a lier or not is not none of your business..you can start a separate thread regarding that...

The way you kept mentioning that you have known Batman comics for long time and yet asking questions as if you genuinely did not know the answers for them, made me call you a Liar. Then again, whether you really know the answer to that or not, my response still answers the question to anybody with that kind of doubt. Let me quote the answer again, may be it will help anybody else with the same doubt..
I'm sure at some point, Arkham Asylum and City both games clearly explain why Batman doesn't kill or use guns, probably in an indirect way. But if you were expecting to hear Batman say "I, Batman, do not use guns because..." kind of dialog, well..Batman stories aren't for you.

I still don't understand the reason for you to question why batman doesn't use guns? :|

Well that's up to you. I'd suggest the other way around.

So suggestions have become 'forcing down on people's throat'? haven't read that line?

If the OP wishes to go for a game he wants to play, that's totally fine, but whats wrong with a suggestion? And the Batman response I d given earlier was to you, nothing related to the OP.

I have played Darksiders, and yeah, I ll thumbs down that over Batman AA or AC anyday, not because I'm a fanboy or I like Batman, but both of the games are way better in quality compared to Batman games. There's some interesting stuff in DS too, but over all, its just an unpolished mess on the PC and an average game. So I based my suggestion on that.

read my first statement again..i clearly mentioned the game is for people accustomed with batman..you are supposed to have an idea with it...which you are again mentioning here...OP doesn't have any idea..again its personal choice...
many points in the game are related to the story,comic one is expected to have an idea..i know they throw random information here and there(how many of us will read it when indulged in the game?) and a good game its is not all about fighting ..you are supposed to follow the story rather than visiting wikipedia ,google regularly...the purpose of game is too enjoy/timepass ...batman AC is very good but you are also supposed to have some idea ..

Well if you are a kind of gamer who doesn't want any distractions through wikipedia and google, that's totally fine too. If I was some casual gamer with no idea about Batman comics, the in-game character biographies would be more than enough for me to enjoy the game. And if I choose to dig deeper into the comics, I ll go on the internet.

The thing is, you don't have to confine yourself to the game to understand the story. Not just a game, even if it is a movie or a book, you can always refer to the internet or the original source material to understand stuff. How does that make a game bad? Like I already told you, it would be impossible to explain everything in a super clear way. Name one comic book story(except for the origins) that make things crystal clear or spoon feed the audience with every single point.

Not every comic book story, regardless of the medium can explain every single story or every character's origin, PERIOD! That's their nature. So its not possible to judge them with your analogy.

There are so many things that Arkham Asylum and Arkham City got right as comic book based games. And you should clearly know this when both of those games are considered best comics based games this generation. Replace Batman with any other story, lets say Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, its still a very well made game, terrific production values, well polished, and take every department...sound, graphics, story telling, comic book references(for the hardcore comic fans ofcourse) and etc..perfect!

Again, if the OP chooses another game over Batman, that's totally his wish. For the kind of suggestion he asked, comparisons will definitely be made, how can that be wrong? :|

of course i know ..i was referring to the game...and even if i dont know ---according to you i am posting everything here by searching wikipedia,wikia etc..so why cant i search that also rather than asking noobs(some one who advice to try demos com mon man if he can come and post here dont you think he knows there are demos/youtube walkthroughs out there) like you...i wasnt expect you to answer i was expecting why/where the game explained that...and its not simple to explain by just throwing in a random page,even you dont know

I find it really hard to understand, make the english a little more clear next time, please.
And wow, suggesting 'playable' game-demos to someone makes me a noob? how classy!

PS- I'd prefer to keep the discussion healthy, so stop using sentences like 'mind your own business', whats the point of the forum if every body minds their own business, LOL. Noob, don't use that word too.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
WTH...
1st of all DS2 & B:AC cannot be compared....

DS2 is a Hack/Slash whereas B:AC is Hand-to Hand combat game with amazing gameplay although both are 3rd person view

I would suggest to go for Batman:AC for its graphics,gameplay & story

dan4u

Took Off!!!
even I was in the same position some time back, and I got Batman:AA and Batman:AC (Rs 814 total), DS:II was Rs 999 then. I'd suggest you get both batman games now and get DS:II when the price drops :p

duke123

In the zone
@cyborg47
1)
just tell me i am a totally noob about batman...why doesn't he use any guns..and where is this explained in the game>>>

I asked the question based on a noobie player with no idea of batman...i didint expect you to explain that...but you straightaway accused me a liar ...i didnt like these things which should have been given a little more emphasis...but thats my personal feeling ..you need not force me to accept batman is better or not.thats why i told mind your business not you to stop helping OP....

2)Regarding noob..

I'm sure at some point, Arkham Asylum and City both games clearly explain why Batman doesn't kill or use guns, probably in an indirect way

i have played both games didnt find any explanation anywhere and even it there its still hard to find...even you have no idea..because it cant be explained in a liner..they expect you to know..in fact you also dont know...

and dude you reiterate proudly the same statement again..

is this how you give answers?

LKG teacher:who is Mahathma Gandhi ?
cyborg47:i am sure history text clearly say at some pages who is Mahathma Gandhi probably in an indirect way..:-?

of course i know ..i was referring to the game...and even if i dont know ---according to you i am posting everything here by searching wikipedia,wikia etc..so why cant i search that also rather than asking noobs(some one who advice to try demos com mon man if he can come and post here dont you think he knows there are demos/youtube walkthroughs out there) like you...i wasnt expect you to answer i was expecting why/where the game explained that...and its not simple to explain by just throwing in a random page,even you dont know

funny you coudnt understand it but specifically got offended by the term noob...

you already accused me of posting here by copying from different website.so my question is if i really wanted to know why batman didint use guns,why cant i search it and find out?rather than asking here... i asked this question on the basis of a noob player since you explained everything was explained in the game...

and yeah suggesting game demos etc is helpfull but thats also noobish...the questioner has already played a lot of games and is a regular visitor here,so its not difficult to understand he knows about gamedemos,youtube walkthroughs ..so its an insult to him...

if you can call me a liar because of your misunderstanding i can definitely,and i will call you noob . i assure you its not offensive or abusive as liar...:oops:

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Oh boy, you are getting too much personal here. All he said was that Batman AA and AC were much better than DS series in any way if you have to choose one and you are starting a flame war of some sort. You ask anyone if DS series is better or Batman series and check that. Thats it, whats the point on fighting over this. As for the word Liar, he used that as a joke to you. I yesterday said him that "I'm gonna kick your ass" on some topic and we were just enjoying it not fighting over it. Learn to take things lightly and enjoying it rather than fighting over it, make a healthy discussion not a personal war.

duke123

In the zone
sorry if you felt so...but cannot agree..

and since you are accusing me of fighting and not taking things lightly i will do that...peace:razz:

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
I asked the question based on a noobie player with no idea of batman...i didint expect you to explain that

Either way, it helped clear your or anyone else' doubt, hopefully.

but you straightaway accused me a liar

The first time I said that, was a joke. The second time was slightly serious, coz you really sounded like you were contradicting yourself. Apologies If I d offended you.

you need not force me to accept batman is better or not

I wasn't, I was strictly talking about the game, gave TMNT as an example too. If suggestions and disagreements sound like forcing to you, that's your problem :|

i have played both games didnt find any explanation anywhere and even it there its still hard to find...even you have no idea..because it cant be explained in a liner..they expect you to know..in fact you also dont know...

I really wish I could have answered you about that question. I already know very well why Batman doesn't kill or use guns, through movies and comics. But given that I d played Arkham Asylum way back in 2009, and it would be impossible to pin point those particular moments. Better off ask that question to someone who is playing or played the game recently, or wait till I play it again.
Even if I answer your question, I don't think for any kind of player, casual or hardcore, it won't make any difference or stop the gamer to enjoy both the games does it?

and dude you reiterate proudly the same statement again..

is this how you give answers?

proud? making things clear to you so that you'd understand, nothing to do with being proud about it :| stop making stuff up in your head.

LKG teacher:who is Mahathma Gandhi ?
cyborg47:i am sure history text clearly say at some pages who is Mahathma Gandhi probably in an indirect way..

I'll ignore this one anyway, don't want to end up arguing with you :|

funny you coudnt understand it but specifically got offended by the term noob...

Yeah, sorry. The english was quite difficult understand over there. If only you could re-write it in a better way, I could have responded to that.

you already accused me of posting here by copying from different website.

what!? :shock:
What should I call this? lying? or just joking around? :|

so my question is if i really wanted to know why batman didint use guns,why cant i search it and find out?rather than asking here...

Of course you can go find that out on the internet, I still answer the question anyway, hoping someone with the same question might understand.

i asked this question on the basis of a noob player since you explained everything was explained in the game...

Yes, and I did. And I ll tell you again, take any batman story, by the time anybody finishes it, they'll clearly understand Batman's personality, his ethics and etc. Even if it didn't, Nolan's two Batman movies already made that clear ;)

and yeah suggesting game demos etc is helpfull but thats also noobish

LOL, with your point of view, everything on this thread is noobish? The OP could have bought whatever games he liked basing on youtube videos without asking for a suggestion on this thread, does that make him a noob? and your suggestion makes you a noob too? :|

There are hardly any game demos this generation, at least for the AAA titles. Gamers would feel lucky to have a demo to some particular game, at least for people who buy them. The OP clearly mentioned that he hadn't played Batman at all, also means he hadn't played the demo too, so I suggested him to try out the smaller sized demo, which shouldn't be a problem to download, and clearly gives the gamer an idea of what to expect from the full game. And MY GOD, and how in this world does that make me a noob?! lol

the questioner has already played a lot of games and is a regular visitor here,so its not difficult to understand he knows about gamedemos,youtube walkthroughs ..so its an insult to him...

Like I said above, with your point of view, OP is a noob for asking a suggestion on this thread? when he could have easily accessed the game demos or youtube videos?

Suggesting something to somebody isn't an insult, lot of people do that on this forum, wonder where you get that idea from :|

PS- And please, don't try and push this into an argument, if you want a good Batman discussion, I'm happily up for that :D
But deliberately trying and making things up and calling out people with stuff like mind your business and noob sort of statements wont help.

EDIT - BADASS HEROES DON'T USE GUNS :D :D

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
@Duke123, btw I was searching on the internet for those 'Batman doesn't kill' moments in Arkham Asylum, found out that at some point in the beginning of the game, Batman does get a chance to get Joker but lets him escape, one can make up the reason for his ethics through that, hope that helps.

duke123

In the zone
^^i will ignore whatever is written earlier..

your point is an observation..we know that....

its not the reason....what i asked is the reason...?

cyborg47

Technomancer
its not the reason....what i asked is the reason...?

Reason why Batman doesn't use guns? I told you, it would be difficult to pin point those exact moments, I ll see if I can try and find them anyway. But for casual audience, after finishing any Batman story(games, movies, comics etc), I'm sure they'll clearly understand his personality and ethics. That alone would be enough rather than the spoon fed moments.

DC comics always had its ways of implying deeper meaning with whatever subject they worked on, Batman or not. There are very few moments where Batman clearly explains or says why he doesn't prefer to kill, like the ending of the animated movie "Batman-Under the Red Hood", but most of them prefer to imply through Batman's personality itself. There are also some movies that do not follow the no-kill rule of Batman, like Tim Burton's Batman where Batman literally enjoys killing.

In the end, its really about whether or not the casual audience would enjoy the story, which I believe, they will.

Last edited:
Top Bottom