Cutting Prices Won't Save Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
dosbox shud work as it sez it supports graphics n sound drivers from windows....but none of my progs r gettin executed...it trips out aftr comliling just at time f execution....

Enjoy~!

Dunno whats the problem with your config, on my lappy with intel gma 915 graphics and default installation of dosbox, its running fine. Which graphics solution you are using, by the way?

And yes, please also make sure you are giving the correct path of BGI library.

One minute, are you mounting your c:\tc\bin directory as c drive? Oh that wont work, sorry about my previous post. mount c:\tc as drive c or better c:\ as drive c and then give the proper path to initgraph, ex c:\\tc\\bgi

Hope this will solve your problem.

Talking about compatibility, i feel that its increasing. And with new versions of software coming out very fast that are fully compatible with Vista, the compatibility problems are not going to last. Ya, as i wrote before, i too was at first sight was very, kind of unhappy to see some of my really close to heart programs not working properly in Vista (i must mention HTMLGate html editor, its not in development now and its last version quits with an error at startup on Vista). But then, the weightage i give to the security, stability, performance and innovation that i personally feel i am getting with vista, the wise move was to move on. And there came the express editions of Visual Web Developer 05 and then 08. All my problems were solved. These are really good, standard compliant HTML and javascript editors and with vs 08 express you also have full Javascript intellisense, so why will needs anything else anyway. Secondly, since i have professionally shifted to .NET, i mean the ASP.NET+AJAX+Silverlight combo for web development, these things work great, although at work i use full version of VS, obiviously. And by the way for PHP development the version of PHP Designer by the same company works very well with Vista, and there are other great products for that as well. As a sidenote, most of the problems that i had with my programs were solved by running them in admin or WinXP SP2 compat mode.

din

Tribal Boy
Do not want to hijack the thread, but

1. Anyone know the latest retail / OEM price (in India) for Vista home premium ?

2. For normal use, home premium is quite ok ?

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
my graphics is nvidia....ur way ts running fine wit editor screen in full mode...only hangs up at execution....

Enjoy~!

narangz

Web developer
Do not want to hijack the thread, but

1. Anyone know the latest retail / OEM price (in India) for Vista home premium ?

2. For normal use, home premium is quite ok ?

1.- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=603048&postcount=2

Though they have further cut the price. Its 5K, I guess.

2. Yes. It has got almost all the stuff for general home use. However don't go for Home Basic.

din

Tribal Boy
Thank you for the info. Yes, I saw Choto_Cheeta's post, but thought it might be changed as the post was on 12-09-2007. So it will be 5K now ? Hmm, not very bad.

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer
^^ You didn't hijack :) It was actually related to topic.
The price is for OEM.

*theitwares.com/misc/misc.htm

It says Rs. 5200. I am not sure if the price cut has shown effect in India.

axxo

99.9% Idle
^^ You didn't hijack :) It was actually related to topic.
The price is for OEM.

It says Rs. 5200. I am not sure if the price cut has shown effect in India.

I will buy it...if its for Rs.520 and not Rs.5200..else axxo's way :cool:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^+1 . I'd rather spend the 5k upgrading my system than by Vista.
@Metal Head, Ultimate is 10k , can you believe it?

^+1 . I'd rather spend the 5k upgrading my system than by Vista.
@Metal Head, Ultimate is 10k , can you believe it?
crazy man!
who the hell will want to spend 10k for Vista when you can get a great graphics card or a quad core processor for the same price ?:confused:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Like I said , I'd rather upgrade my system , than buy Vista,

Wait, its a paradox, We have to upgrade to use vista too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom