Custom Distro

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
got it :). . thanks .
what about that 1 click installer . . ?, is it possible to work on it ??
@praka6536. . shut up :-D

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
wait a min , i want to learn something too . . umm... well , i work as a free lancer in post production . so i dont have any knowledge of programming . can it be done freely as part time or something . do suggest me a course .

i cant go out and study in an institute . if there is some video tut kind of thing which i can download and learn . i am willing to contribute anything to make an installer for multimedia thing.

Last edited:
OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
well am doing effects in combustion and AE . its been some months now . previously i have been doing archi works in max . been working for local channels for their serial works , thats all .by the way am going to banglore this month . lets hope i can get to production industry . am fed up of free lance ,its too tiresome :-(.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Please remove that notion that coding is the only way to contribute. There are lot more ways. Your own feild is a very good one to spread FOSS and also a really good one to make contributions to FOSS from.
You needn't know how to code but you can use the expertise in your field to guide/test the softwares relating to your field.
You can create content under free licenses like GFDL, CC, etc.
One of the contributers whom I have heard about and met once who contributes to field of multimedia is Niyam Bhushan. I have read fantastic things reguards multimedia and foss from him.

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
at present moving to FUSION. i like it a lot better than combustion ..so i cant get to an institute and learn Linux. and besides am 27 ,damn i wish i was 20 or 22. got to settle down fast as i cant give excuse to parents to delay marriage .

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
for example: you can start working with jahshaka, which is an alternative to Adobe After Effects - *www.osalt.com/after-effects
At a later stage once you get comfortable with FOSS you can start interacting with the users of Jahshaka and whatever other tools you use, people into similar fields. Spread around the word of existance on such FOSS softwares, their upside and downside.
Then later on you can file bug requests, feature requests, help in testing out, provide details reguarding technical of your field where the software lacks and so on.

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
i guess i will think of something . . i dont want to create a movie or somesort like the one created using blender . i just want to do something useful to a common man. and i am afraid it will involve coding :-(.

yes i have heard jahshaka . . i will look in to that . . the fact is , multimedia is already dominated by fcp,maya . others are like , what can be said . . you know.

Last edited:
OK, so Charan learns QT and MetalheadGautham learns GTK... lemme see. KDevelop vs Glade. Wonder if this will end up as another interface war. Not if I can help it... I will learn better and prove gnome to be the best :p

praka123

left this forum longback
First i have to correct my C basic,then will think of gtk+ or qt....(distant dreams as of now :( )

Ok, here is line of action #1: create a dark woody and natural looking gnome bar(s) for the distro. it must look good even as a side bar(or create another for that).

so anyone wants to take up that responsibility? Create custom gnomebars, for each of the left, right, top and the bottom bars. It must look unique, natural, like the bark of a tree. There must be a big leaf at one end for the menu(only if its placed.). the three menus must be intergrated to a single one, and if possible, the mint menu must be ported and allowed as an option.

the bars must be opaque, and the menu transparent.

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
is it going good guys????, how much progress did we make???, are we still on square one???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom