Crysis coming to consoles

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I feel, this is the right way to do things. Develop a game for PC, then port it to consoles.

Even Crytek ditched this formula for Crysis 2 anyways.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yes I agree with you vamsi. Crysis is a good example and once recent example is Witcher 2. Look how successful they are with this formula. Well we'll have to see the sales figure for console but considering the game I guess that would be a good figure.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Infact, each and every game(except in some rare cases) in 6th generation were made for PCs first, than ported to PS2 and xBox. :p

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Well, it's being done on CE3, but I wanna see how they manage the big water bodies and foilage.

tkin

Back to school!!
I want to see, hd textures and the water effects ported to consoles, not to mention the fact crysis 2 did not have large open area like crysis did, wonder how the draw distance will look like.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I think this will be a total remake of Crysis- sharing core gameplay and story but different looking maps, reduced explorability, etc.

gameranand

Living to Play
Nah I don't think so as that would take a lot of effort from developers to create new maps. Yes they can reduce exploring though.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
then the game would not run on the X360/PS3 because they do not have the memory required to run the game (not even remotely close)

as usual the game will be upscaled 480p lol.

comp@ddict

I want to see, hd textures and the water effects ported to consoles, not to mention the fact crysis 2 did not have large open area like crysis did, wonder how the draw distance will look like.

well, to fit on consoles, Crytek made Crysis 2 a corridor shooter

Hence, new york alleys and subways are the price focus

gameranand

Living to Play
Extreme Gamer said:
then the game would not run on the X360/PS3 because they do not have the memory required to run the game (not even remotely close)

as usual the game will be upscaled 480p lol.
Well you are right but I guess developers will find a way around for that. But if they will make new maps then Crysis won't be original as promised by developers.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I expect reduced destructibility, reduced polycount and obviously reduced texture quality.

By new map I mean the map will be ported to CEIII and many props(objects) and map properties on it will be changed

Crysis had a huge draw distance. Expect it to go down to maximum 800m (from 1-2km).

This anyways proves Crytek has moved on from Maximum Game to Maximum Console and Maximum Sellout.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
May be they decided to make some money. Crysis 1 was pirated like crazy. It was on top of the Pirated games chart for quite some time. That's what had prompted them to move on to consoles. Plus the insane system requirement at that time.

comp@ddict

Crysis 1 was pirated like crazy.

and sold twice as much as crysis 2

crysis 2 on all platforms altogether is like 1.7 million, and sales are at a standstill almost right now..

Crysis on the other hand continued to sell to every new PC gamer who wanted THE UBER maxx on his PC, and hence the Crysis and Crysis Warhead franchise sold nearly 4 million copies together.

Far more than Crysis 2 will ever sell, even with all those pathetic DLCs.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Crysis 2 was **** imo. They totally dumbed down several of the features that made the original Crysis so awesome. Also, the environment in Crysis 2 was booooooring. Same city based landscape , unlike the massive jungle environment in Crysis 1.

Good move to bring it to the consoles though , it WILL sell well.

Top Bottom