Crysis 1 very high temperatures on HD 7770

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yep.. the screen is full of green squares for a brief moment, after which it automatically fixes itself..
Although it happens rarely, its very annoying considering its a brand new card..
So what should I do ?? RMA it ?
PS: Guess who handles ASUS RMA :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't worry .. just give it to Digicare and do ceck ram modules suing memtest86+ app and remount the cpu.

Knight2A4

In the zone
Hello,

Your PSU is Corsair VS450 Description on corsair site about the PSU "The Corsair VS450 is a great choice if you’re building a home or office system with lower power demands, but you still demand the compatibility and reliability that Corsair is known for" Not Meant to driver power hungry gaming cards

Minimum power requirement for HD 7770 IS 500W (or greater) power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connector recommended at AMD Site
*www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7770/pages/radeon-7770.aspx#3

Certified power supplies are recommended by AMD
"*support.amd.com/us/certified/power-supplies/Pages/listing.aspx

Recommended PSU on amd site Corsair Gaming Series GS500 power supply

Please also refer to the below link Resolved HD 7770 high Temp. & odd behavior issue
*www.tomshardware.com/forum/396332-33-asus-7770-ddr5-direct-overclocked

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol, look at the cpu Op has .. with that cpu Op can even use a HD7950 like card with his current setu .. so the PSU is in no way holding him if it's functioning properly ;-)

*i.neoseeker.com/a/Sapphire_HD_7950_Flex/Power.png

and this is with the following things :

Hardware Configuration:
CPU: Intel 2600K @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard: GA-Z68XP-UD3
Memory: 8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-2133
HDD: 1.5TB GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
Cooling: Corsair H100 dual-fan

Knight2A4

In the zone
lol, look at the cpu Op has .. with that cpu Op can even use a HD7950 like card with his current setu .. so the PSU is in no way holding him if it's functioning properly ;-)

*i.neoseeker.com/a/Sapphire_HD_7950_Flex/Power.png

and this is with the following things :

The above config. is running on a Corsair VS450

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Guys Ive finally fixed my problem.. It was a driver conflict in windows 7 registry..
"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error in Windows 7 or Windows Vista
after following the above article and running a CCleaner, I encountered no more crashes

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
That's a lot better than going through painful process of RMA :) Hope you enjoy it. btw where do you live in BBSR ?

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
near Unit 9, in IDC colony

UPDATE:
Guys the problem is back..
After i did what the article said, it delayed the GPU timeout detection..
I experienced NO artefacts or freezes while playing skyrim etc but right after i restarted my PC..it started freezing and restarting ON the desktop..After two or three times, my pc shut down by itself..
now the computer wont start with the GPU in..
When i start, the fans spin up.. even the GPU light also turns on but there is no display on the screen
I think my GPU is dead now :(... running on integrated graphics again :(
Ill be taking it for RMA on monday :

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, looks like gpu issue but if possible do check the PSU as well or check the gpu with a spare PSU or get one from some friend.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Today, I gave the card for RMA.. First I went to Rashi but to my surprise, they dont deal with ASUS GPU RMA Anymore.. Then I went to Digicomp, they told me that if the GPU is purchased within 30 days by THE DEALER, then it will be replaced right there without any further notice.. They called up the place from which I bought (Gadget's world) and after some confusing arguments with the Gadget's world receptionist, they then told me to go up again to Gadget's world to bring the DEALER's BILL.. I was like WTF is going and started to lose my patience..
When I went up to Gadget's world, the guy there finally sorted things out, Really Appreciate the guy over at Gadget's world.. He said "Ye sab kuch in service center walon ka kaam dhaam nahi hey, customer ko hamesha haraas karte hein" and "ye sabhi Rashi ki bajay se huwa hei.. Pehle woh ASUS ka service provide karte the lekin jyada complaints aye toh woh unhe service band karna pada.. Abhi ye digicomp waleh to completely naye hein. Inhe kuch bhi nahi ata".. He called up the main asus branch, and confirmed that ill get a replacement, he'll handle my warranty by sending it directly to ASUS .. Told me to come up in 4 days and pick it up..

OOoof thank god..Faith in Humanity restored

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
now that's something interesting but generally speaking if the shop have enough stock then they should have replaced it right on there but there's lots of difference between what one should do and what one actually does .. anyway, Digicare guys can be very clumsy and slow sometime - seen this happening before when I rmaed asus mobo .. had to call up some favors to speed up things.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Damn service center people told me that they need the original box and it's contents.. They said now it's been delayed for 5 more DAYS .. OMFG, this is gonna be the longest week of my life.. :pullhair::pullhair:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom