Crysis 1 very high temperatures on HD 7770

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
my GPU's temperatures reach 86 C, everytime i play crysis.. Soon after artefacts develop on the screen and the game freezes.. Is it a problem with my GPU ?? This does not occur with any other games (skyrim, ACR) ..
Should I send it for RMA ?? I just got the card last week
PS : I havent oced it

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yes im using the latest "stable" drivers..
my CPU is around 50 C
while HDD is 55 C
Im gonna attach 2 80 mm fans to my cabinet.. to see if it changes anything ( right now i only have 1 exhaust)

Yes im using the latest "stable" drivers..
my CPU is around 50 C
while HDD is 55 C
Im gonna attach 2 80 mm fans to my cabinet.. to see if it changes anything ( right now i only have 1 exhaust)
HDD at 55 C is high IMO. I live in Jodhpur where temps are 45 C most of the time and my HDD has never reached 45 C (it reached 44 C once though :lol:). try playng crysis with cabinet fully open, i.e.; both side panels removed and system lying below ceiling fan. If it works, that means it's air circulation problem.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If i manually set the fan to 100%, is there any risk of damage or malfunction ? I mean GPU fan ofcourse...
Anyway, my cabinet sucks.. I attached a cabinet fan, now temp are reduced down a bit.. and when i set the fan to 100%, max temp is now 74c

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Thats strange. My 6850 reaches 72-73 max while playing crysis1. What about other games? They give similar results too?

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
Played crysis 1 with medium settings on my fanless crap card, never exceeds 65c. And be carefull about HDD. High temps can damage it.

rst

Youngling
Some time my GPU temperature becomes 80-90 C (metro 2033,l.A Noire)
but i didn't get "game freezes" problem

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Crysis 1 is one heavy **** for any machine. 55 Deg for HDD is really HOT. My SSD stays at 38 Deg while HDD hovers around 42-44 Deg when ambient is around 37 Deg. I think there is problem with Air Flow Path and Directivity.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but still the game should not show artifacts and artifacts generally causes due to improper OC .. when I tested with gpu OC some games tend to run fine and some showed artifact and sometime this can happen with factory OCed cards too so Op should run his card at stock clock speed first or check with some gpu heavy games like BF3 or Crysis 3. Also Op needs to make sure his cpu is not overheating as with HDD temps as high as 55c I suspect there's a fat chance for cpu overheating due to bad air flow .. @ Op - use hwinfo/hwmonitor efore running crysis and keep it running on the background and it will log the max temps ..post the screenshot here also ia screenshot of the gpu-z.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hey i have a 7770 and it never went above 60¤c when i played crysis 2. How much old your hdd is? It might be the cause for freezing. Change your cabinet.

Hey i have a 7770 and it never went above 60¤c when i played crysis 2. How much old your hdd is? It might be the cause for freezing. Change your cabinet.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
but still the game should not show artifacts and artifacts generally causes due to improper OC .. when I tested with gpu OC some games tend to run fine and some showed artifact and sometime this can happen with factory OCed cards too so Op should run his card at stock clock speed first or check with some gpu heavy games like BF3 or Crysis 3. Also Op needs to make sure his cpu is not overheating as with HDD temps as high as 55c I suspect there's a fat chance for cpu overheating due to bad air flow .. @ Op - use hwinfo/hwmonitor efore running crysis and keep it running on the background and it will log the max temps ..post the screenshot here also ia screenshot of the gpu-z.

i didnt OC my card.. its running at stock 1125/1000 mhz clock speeds
posting screenshot right now

anyways, my problem is fixed everytime i set the fan speed to 100%..
will there be any malfunctions if i manually adjust fan speed ??

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Idle
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/graphic-cards/10507d1368515676-crysis-1-very-high-temperatures-hd-7770-idle.png

Load when fan speed is 100%
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/graphic-cards/10508d1368515680-crysis-1-very-high-temperatures-hd-7770-load.png

Attachments

• idle.png
    idle.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 210
  • load.png
    load.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 214

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
temp looks fine and 100 % fan speed won't create any issue .. even I'm running ine at 100 % fan speed ( made a fan speed profile with different temp and speed level ).

And what about running cpu fan at 100%? I dont care about the noise.

And what about running cpu fan at 100%? I dont care about the noise.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The issue is back and this time more frequently..
When I play skyrim, sometimes the screen freezes with all graphics scrambled for 1-2 secs but it automatically fixes itself after 5 secs and the game resumes
Has my GPU gone bad ?? should I RMA it ?? it has only been a week since i bought it :(
Could it be due to my PSU ?

hitesh

In the zone
The issue is back and this time more frequently..
When I play skyrim, sometimes the screen freezes with all graphics scrambled for 1-2 secs but it automatically fixes itself after 5 secs and the game resumes
Has my GPU gone bad ?? should I RMA it ?? it has only been a week since i bought it :(
Could it be due to my PSU ?

Have you tested your gpu on a different system ? This will confirm whether the card is faulty or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom