Convert a XFX 8600GT to XFX 8600GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_d5010

Journeyman
entrana said:
this is one of the best tutorials dude is this safe because my friend is buying one

Ya dude, just go on and do it, as many of the site reviews suggest overclocking the card to get the performance near to 8600gts.........msi cards clock to such high speeds that they beat 8600gts!!
If you are scared, you can first software overclock it through riva tuner and check for stability and temperature. If its ok running, then flash the bios!

Question: Does anyone know a budget cooling solution for graphics card? Like antec Vcool

bL4zE

Broken In
i think this is waste coz converting a xfx 8600GT wont give u a performance of 8600GTS coz wat matters with clock speeds is BANDWIDTH n how can u incrsease bandwidth buddy ???:confused:

Another thing is WARRANTY VOIDING :mad: and if some of u are thinking dat OC will void warranty den its WRONG !!! i had my 5700 LE OC n it just went out n so i had to replace it , so i gave it for replacement n bang i got 6200 instead of 5700 as it was LE :( so OC doesnt void warranty n i m daaammnnnn sure about that.

Also as my buddy said dat he got a 15-20 fps boost dats much low coz if u compare GTS n GT perfor den ders a massive diff of 40 fps. So best way is to OC like i did n now my 8600GT runs at monster 705/1750 ;)
btw i used ATITool , Ntune and rivatuner :)

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ wat BANDWIDTH r u talking about???
this WARRANTY thing varies from company to company and i think no company will give u warranty after BIOS mod.
which benchmarks show a diff of 40 fps between a 8600GTS @ stock and a 8600GT @ GTS speeds.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Wow I just googled for "Covert an 8600GT to an 8600GTS" and bang came digit.I don't think this has been revealed on other international forums and that there's a huge performance difference between these two especially in newer games,older games might show a huge difference but i don't think newer games do.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
wow this is a first for india yay india
anyways would this process be dangerous in anyways i mean would the temperature increaseee and by how much and about the performance too

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
entrana said:
wow this is a first for india yay india
anyways would this process be dangerous in anyways i mean would the temperature increaseee and by how much and about the performance too
I would always suggest a pci cooler for such type of conversions however it seems that @assasin was able to overclock and mod the card at stock cooling.If u take the clocks to insane levels then u would certainly need a new cooler for ur card.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I was able to ,Overclock via Bios mod as well as, Volt Mod using pencil trick with the default cooling.
But please again bear in mind.
Unlike 8600GTS which covers the memory on its Cards, 8600GT's memory chips are open.So if not all, just using a simple 12+ Brushless fan over the Card will make a huge difference.But make sure you do not negate the air flow.

p_d5010

Journeyman
Hey would it be worth an upgrade from my current ati x1600 pro to nvidia 8600gt ? I expect atleast 50% performance improvement......
If 8600gt wont give me that desired performance, i would prefer to wait a month or two more

p_d5010

Journeyman
my friend installed 8600gt in his pc ..101gcc mobo 1gb ram......card sucks big time on his machine......never seen a card worse than this at its price range .
I am reconsidering my opinion to buy 8600

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
p_d5010 said:
my friend installed 8600gt in his pc ..101gcc mobo 1gb ram......card sucks big time on his machine......never seen a card worse than this at its price range .
I am reconsidering my opinion to buy 8600

wat proccy does ur frnd hav?why do u say that the card sux?its performance its pretty good.give us some reasons as to why u feel the card sux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom