console vs PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
K

krazyfrog

I don't want to get into hardware comparisons. All i want to say is that i have a PlayStation 2 and i love it a lot. It has great games and since i buy the pirated ones, get them dirt cheap. The controller is fantastic, and gaming with it is a real pleasure. I just don't understand how one is supposed to play with something that was designed to type text and point (keyboard and mouse). Gaming with a controller is a much better and comfortable experience. I have a great collection of games at home which i've collected in a span of a year of owning the ps2. The ps2 has the least impressive hardware of all the consoles and does not support HD. But i don't even have an HD tv, so i wouldn't care less. But despite the technical limitations, the games look great and play better. Most importantly, i'm having lots of fun with it. I don't have to worry whether my hardware will get obsolete tomorrow or whether this new cool game will run on my pc or not. Most games which go multi-platform come for the ps2 too along with several exclusives (God of War series, Tekken Series, MGS series). So i would say, if you're serious about gaming then go for console. If you want a jack of all trades, then go for pc. I'd recommend a XBOX 360 or PS3. If you want to have cheap, good fun, then go for PS2, which is still an amazing option.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, it really gets me. People on this forum always compare things based on the hardware. But it is not the hardware that matters, it is the software and in this case, the games (which comes under the category of software).

For the purpose of gaming, consoles are and will always remain the better option.

Though I have to say, krazyfrog, that if the keyboard and mouse is the only problem, that is easily rectified by buying yourself a USB controller. :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^ A software is as good as the hardware is. Do u expect to see PS3 class graphics on PS2? No, cos the hardware is not scalable.

Both PC & Console have there advantages. For FPS, PCs rule, for TPS & RTS Console with remote control rule.

These days consoles are more or less immitating PCs, there architecture is like a PC (CPU->Northbridge-> RAM & GPU), the software is easily ported from a PC version or Vice versa & PC used to dominate in Online gaming but with incresing BB panetration consols are also knocking the doors of online gaming.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
hey saurav u alternated ur point

It should have been for RTS s pc s rule while consolers are mainly stuck with TPS, FPS( nowadays) and adventure.

Though rtss are making aforay into consoles they are difficult

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*dpad.gotfrag.com/files/upload/bomb_ps3vsxbox_597x110.jpg

[click the pic to read]

Interesting read :)

some...
"Dispelling Some of the Hype

Now there are people that look at the 360 having a triple core processor and the PS3 with the much publicized Cell Processor and start to wonder…

#1 How in God’s name can the 360 ship with a 3 core processor in November 2005 while there isn’t an available purchase for 3 or 4 core CPUs for desktop computers?

#2 Why didn’t Intel or AMD manufacture and start selling such a processor at the same time or before the Xbox 360 shipped?

#3 How can the cell have 1 Power PC core and, in addition to that, have 7 SPE, which are basically seven extra processors?

#4 Everyone knows processors aren’t cheap and when you factor in everything else you need, it’s even more expensive. How can Microsoft get away with charging as low as $299 for the Xbox 360? How can Sony get away with charging as low as $500 for the PS3, when the processors themselves cost 90% of the PS3’s price or cost more than $500?"

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
So finally someone has come out with really something interesting.Thanks @s18000rpm.It makes me think again.However since the games cost a bomb working hard for coding other than graphics using the stripped down processors is what they should be doing.They also say that games r optimized for the hardware so we would never ever get slow downs(theriotically,cause i have seen slow downs on the xbox 360 and the ps3 with lost planet and genji respectively).

Last edited:
OP
T

thunderbird.117

Harvik780 said:
So finally someone has come out with really something interesting.Thanks @s18000rpm.It makes me think again.However since the games cost a bomb working hard for coding other than graphics using the stripped down processors is what they should be doing.They also say that games r optimized for the hardware so we would never ever get slow downs(theriotically,cause i have seen slow downs on the xbox 360 and the ps3 with lost planet and genji).

PS3 with lost planet?. When did lost planet release for PS3?.

OP
T

thunderbird.117

Harvik780 said:
U r so irresponsible didn't u see xbox 360 written there.

Nah iam not. You are. Why because you did not state the information properly. :)

OP
T

thunderbird.117

Harvik780 said:
Added it and by the way SORRY to the guys who r so dumb as to think lost planets is for ps3.

Looking who is talking lool.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! This is funny. :lol:

"Learn some descent English."
Are you sure you spelled everything correctly in that sentence? I guess someone needs to learn decent spelling! And saying "who's" is absolutely the same as saying "who is". The former is not "better" in any way. :lol:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Oh damn.I except i was humiliated.U don't get spell checks with correct English words,Do u?.Oh just if the computer understood the meaning of what i wrote.Corrected it.My mistake.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Harvik780 said:
Oh damn.I except i was humiliated.U don't get spell checks with correct English words,Do u?.Oh just if the computer understood the meaning of what i wrote.Corrected it.My mistake.
:D

no offence :)

-----

Consoles are mainly attracted towards the kids, & consoles as already mentioned can & will play games for min. 3 years (as games specifically designed) & there's no need to install, just Pop-in disk & start playing.

PC is for kinda Universal, but ONLY serious Gamers go specifically for PC, why, coz of more details in games, modding...

& serious gamers hate Gamepads :p for a FPS game.

imo Console is best for racing games :D
-----
in FPS games, PC gamers actually do some hard work, like Aiming:D, DEADLY AIMING that is. :twisted:

Just watch out for the Scenario when the Windows (Live) XBox & PC multiplayer (forgot its name) kicks off into action, XBoX owners will Get PWNED (with headshots) by PC dudes :D, lot of cursing will go on then :D:D:D

OP
T

thunderbird.117

s18000rpm said:
:D

no offence :)

-----

Consoles are mainly attracted towards the kids, & consoles as already mentioned can & will play games for min. 3 years (as games specifically designed) & there's no need to install, just Pop-in disk & start playing.

PC is for kinda Universal, but ONLY serious Gamers go specifically for PC, why, coz of more details in games, modding...

& serious gamers hate Gamepads :p for a FPS game.

imo Console is best for racing games :D
-----
in FPS games, PC gamers actually do some hard work, like Aiming:D, DEADLY AIMING that is. :twisted:

Just watch out for the Scenario when the Windows (Live) XBox & PC multiplayer (forgot its name) kicks off into action, XBoX owners will Get PWNED (with headshots) by PC dudes :D, lot of cursing will go on then :D:D:D

Well very soon the PC games will come like consoles type. Insert the disk and play no need for installions for example :- Halo 2 for vista.

The problem with live is that you need to pay money to play multiplayer. Most of them are not used. Give me some time i will find two links from popular game developers who are against Vista live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom