console vs PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
tech_mastermind said:
Kaun kehta hain ki mehanga ki kharido
Agar mehanga nahi kharidoge to High def par nahi khel paoge.Jabki ps3 or xbox 360 par tum high def par khel sakte ho.Aur aapko ek hig def tv as low as 22000 main mil sakta hai.Or nahi to a monitor leke aur a HD tuner leke bhi khel sakte ho jo aur bhi sasta hoga..

Third Eye

gooby pls
Harvik780 said:
Agar mehanga nahi kharidoge to High def par nahi khel paoge.Jabki ps3 or xbox 360 par tum high def par khel sakte ho.Aur aapko ek hig def tv as low as 22000 main mil sakta hai.Or nahi to a monitor leke aur a HD tuner leke bhi khel sakte ho jo aur bhi sasta hoga..

If console is so powerful then why Crytek is not developing Crysis for it ?

Last edited:
OP
T

thunderbird.117

Harvik780 said:
The current consoles r so powerful that they do not need DirectX 10.The effects in DirectX 10 r even possible in current consoles if processed with shader model 3.0.And Microsoft is working on bringing updates with games so as to it can match up to DirectX 10.I know there r some better graphical results with DirectX 10 but it's not due to hardware alone but it's mainly due to software.These graphical results are even possible with shader 3.0 hardware if the software is altered..

In what ways is the current consoles are powerful?. Is what way direcx 10, shader effects are possible in PC?. Who told you that microsoft is working on update to help with their consoles?. X360 can not do directx 10 effects. Software emulation will not a thing.

I suggest you to talk a expert consoles developers. To get a idea how consoles work. I dont have much knowledge how consoles work. I dont have a console to reverse enginnering it.

Also meanwhile read this :- *news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070420/ap_on_hi_te/games_vista_s_visuals;_ylt=AiKL9xwfjRjDudgQO9v.O5rMWM0F

@s18000rpm :- I dont know who told you that. Equivalent to pc thing. But it is not all true.

Why consoles are ruiling over PC is not due to hardware it is due to games. While consoles have got so many games which pc does not have. Nowdays many exculsive games are coming to PC.

Also if you got time see the visual effects which is compared with PC and X360 on the lost planet thread which i created. So comparing consoles with PC is worthless for anyone who tries to challenge with it.

tech_mastermind said:
I know what are consoles.
If console are so powerful then why Crytek is not developing Crysis for it ?

Simple answer. Consoles can not do what pc does. Crysis full effects can be seen when people have directx 10 cards. Consoles is different it is not able to do anything much. I dont know who got the idea of telling consoles are powerful. I wonder if this people can define "powerful".

Last edited by a moderator:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
thunderbird.117 said:
In what ways is the current consoles are powerful?. Is what way direcx 10, shader effects are possible in PC?. Who told you that microsoft is working on update to help with their consoles?. X360 can not do directx 10 effects. Software emulation will not a thing.

I suggest you to talk a expert consoles developers. To get a idea how consoles work. I dont have much knowledge how consoles work. I dont have a console to reverse enginnering it.

Also meanwhile read this :- *news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070420/ap_on_hi_te/games_vista_s_visuals;_ylt=AiKL9xwfjRjDudgQO9v.O5rMWM0F

@s18000rpm :- I dont know who told you that. Equivalent to pc thing. But it is not all true.

Why consoles are ruiling over PC is not due to hardware it is due to games. While consoles have got so many games which pc does not have. Nowdays many exculsive games are coming to PC.

Also if you got time see the visual effects which is compared with PC and X360 on the lost planet thread which i created. So comparing consoles with PC is worthless for anyone who tries to challenge with it.

Simple answer. Consoles can not do what pc does. Crysis full effects can be seen when people have directx 10 cards. Consoles is different it is not able to do anything much. I dont know who got the idea of telling consoles are powerful. I wonder if this people can define "powerful".
I don't think u read digit.It was in digit where i read that the ps 3 has a total power processing capability of 2teraflops.Now compare it to an average pc and tell me if i m wrong..

tech_mastermind said:
They must be having a powerful reason behind it.

Last edited:
OP
T

thunderbird.117

Harvik780 said:
I don't think u read digit.It was in digit where i read that the ps 3 has a total power processing capability of 2teraflops.Now compare it to an average pc and tell me if i m wrong..

They must be having a powerful reason behind it.

Digit information can be wrong. I dont trust on magazine that do test. I rather ask a console expert and looking at digit and say oh PS3 is damn powerful yeah right. Dont trust what digit says. Look has said comparing with consoles with PC is worthless. It does not matter how powerful it is but how they are going to utilises it. It does not at all matter if PS3 is powerful it is nothing but a box. PS3 is not selling that well in console market. People just buy consoles just for games. If they want to do something they can get a pc.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Corection, they are not just for games nowadays - not when they can play high definition movies out of the box.

And yeah, basically they are just for entertainment. Just like your soap is just for cleaning, you glasses are just for drinking and you nail cutter is just for cutting nails. What seems to be the problem with that!

And BTW, you can also use them as paperweights, if you want some more functionality. They would be a little expensive though, as far as paperweights go... :lol:

OP
T

thunderbird.117

aryayush said:
Corection, they are not just for games nowadays - not when they can play high definition movies out of the box.

And yeah, basically they are just for entertainment. Just like your soap is just for cleaning, you glasses are just for drinking and you nail cutter is just for cutting nails. What seems to be the problem with that!

And BTW, you can also use them as paperweights, if you want some more functionality. They would be a little expensive though, as far as paperweights go... :lol:

How of them would go for high defination movies?. Certainly it will come. Sony has jumped in the wagon early. Before sony products was so great that the quality is awesome. Nowdays sony products are useless. Their products are full of Drm and not working and always having some problems after products. Sony is digging their own grave.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
tech_mastermind said:
It was sony who also stated that playstation 3 has a performance point of 2 teraflops.And on gamer tv this week EA officials confirmed that crysis won't be ported to the next gen consoles but the cryengine 2 will be ported to the consoles.

Who

Guess Who's Back
That sums up console is the best choice for one time payment then that's it , enjoy the gaming for 5 years so with full effects turned on while with PC YOU GOTTA UPGRADE every year to play with max details, The choice is yours.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
thunderbird.117 said:
Their products are full of Drm
Ah, that argument. I dunno why everyone is so uptight about DRM but I have never had any problem with anything even remotely related to DRM. It has been blown up out of proportion and over hyped. DRM is not as serious a problem as it is made out to be and Sony is no worse than other corporations.

thunderbird.117 said:
and not working
WOW! That is a good point. I wonder how they are so successful and almost in every electronics field then. Every company turns out lemons once in a while. Maybe a DVD writer you bought from Sony was not working. It does not mean the company makes crap products.

thunderbird.117 said:
and always having some problems after products.
And this is supposed to be different from the previous point...

Basically, you are against Sony without any apparent reason and are forcing your opinion upon others (sort of like I used to do in the not too distant past). That won't get you anywhere. PS3 is a very good console. Yes, it is overpriced. When people stop buying it, the prices will gradually come down. But it is meant for entertainment and it does that well.

And don't you brush away high definition buddy. You haven't experienced it. My friend bought a DVD the other day and was going on and on about the quality. I told him to shut his gob and declared that the quality was pathetic. He showed me the DVD and of course, it looked awful even on my tiny 17 inch screen. Then I showed him some 720p content. I was planning on bringing out the 1080p too, but suffice it to say, I never got there. And he won't ever bring a DVD for watching with me again.
Once you see high definition, man - you will forget everything else. I deleted my collection of hundred movies in CD quality after I got addicted to high definition. They used to be precious to me but well, HD tends to change your mind rather quick. :)

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Its simply bcoz of prevalence of piracy more so on pcs that quality devs have given more effort to consoles and only monthly fee based mmos for pc.
So stop pirating if u want good games

OP
T

thunderbird.117

Darthvader said:
Its simply bcoz of prevalence of piracy more so on pcs that quality devs have given more effort to consoles and only monthly fee based mmos for pc.
So stop pirating if u want good games

Blaming piracy is stupid thing. Even MMO can be pirated. Imagine a world without pirated?. :)

aryayush said:
Ah, that argument. I dunno why everyone is so uptight about DRM but I have never had any problem with anything even remotely related to DRM. It has been blown up out of proportion and over hyped. DRM is not as serious a problem as it is made out to be and Sony is no worse than other corporations.

WOW! That is a good point. I wonder how they are so successful and almost in every electronics field then. Every company turns out lemons once in a while. Maybe a DVD writer you bought from Sony was not working. It does not mean the company makes crap products.

And this is supposed to be different from the previous point...

Basically, you are against Sony without any apparent reason and are forcing your opinion upon others (sort of like I used to do in the not too distant past). That won't get you anywhere. PS3 is a very good console. Yes, it is overpriced. When people stop buying it, the prices will gradually come down. But it is meant for entertainment and it does that well.

And don't you brush away high definition buddy. You haven't experienced it. My friend bought a DVD the other day and was going on and on about the quality. I told him to shut his gob and declared that the quality was pathetic. He showed me the DVD and of course, it looked awful even on my tiny 17 inch screen. Then I showed him some 720p content. I was planning on bringing out the 1080p too, but suffice it to say, I never got there. And he won't ever bring a DVD for watching with me again.
Once you see high definition, man - you will forget everything else. I deleted my collection of hundred movies in CD quality after I got addicted to high definition. They used to be precious to me but well, HD tends to change your mind rather quick. :)

You have no idea about sony. Wait and watch. :).

Well iam not that guy that is bothered how HDTV look. I hardly care about the quality. I simply stop watching TV. Pretty soon i keep techology away from me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
As i said before the cry engine 2 will be ported to the consoles.Also the PS 3 is already selling at a price much lower than it's original price tag of $800 so don't expect the prices to go any much lower in the distant future.Sony has decided that it will profit from the sales of games and ya u got it that's the reason why PS 3 titles r so costly compared to PC,wii and xbox 360 titles.And also the link given by thunderbird.117 does not give the full idea,it's not even clear as to why PC's of today and near future will be better powered by vista.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
@ u really have ur facts wrong

The x360 supports dx 9.5 and in no way supports dx 10 and Ps3 too
So Dx 10 games after a year or so as they come out, pc will regain the crown

@ thunderbird : Why are the copy protections then goin stronger and stronger and devs are introducing online activation

And do explain how mmos can be pirated.
Dont tell me that the answer is private servers as they are nothin like the real mmo experience

OP
T

thunderbird.117

Darthvader said:
@ u really have ur facts wrong

The x360 supports dx 9.5 and in no way supports dx 10 and Ps3 too
So Dx 10 games after a year or so as they come out, pc will regain the crown

@ thunderbird : Why are the copy protections then goin stronger and stronger and devs are introducing online activation

And do explain how mmos can be pirated.
Dont tell me that the answer is private servers as they are nothin like the real mmo experience

The fact of your totally correct. That is what i been saying on top. The link i gave to see consist of this. The current consoles can NOT do directx 10. Not even the powerful PS3. The CryEngine 2 i dont feel it will be ported in near future. Also Direcxt 10 games are here. Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander is near all they need now is DirectX10 patch which is on the way. So you can say Directx 10 is near not next year.

Well about Copy-Protection (CP). They naturally will get stronger and stronger. At the same time legal users get affected. I have no idea how MMO work has we dont have a capable and reliable connection. Has for private servers for some people it is more than enough to enjoy it online. Just like how people use Hamachi who have pirated game to play online. Do they feel anything?. They just want to enjoy. Also the other problem with MMO is subscrption cost.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
thunderbird.117 said:
The fact of your totally correct. That is what i been saying on top. The link i gave to see consist of this. The current consoles can NOT do directx 10. Not even the powerful PS3. The CryEngine 2 i dont feel it will be ported in near future. Also Direcxt 10 games are here. Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander is near all they need now is DirectX10 patch which is on the way. So you can say Directx 10 is near not next year.

Well about Copy-Protection (CP). They naturally will get stronger and stronger. At the same time legal users get affected. I have no idea how MMO work has we dont have a capable and reliable connection. Has for private servers for some people it is more than enough to enjoy it online. Just like how people use Hamachi who have pirated game to play online. Do they feel anything?. They just want to enjoy. Also the other problem with MMO is subscrption cost.
God,god.The cry engine 2 is backward compatible with DirectX 9 and I have the information from a very reliable source ie. gamer TV.

OP
T

thunderbird.117

Harvik780 said:
God,god.The cry engine 2 is backward compatible with DirectX 9 and I have the information from a very reliable source ie. gamer TV.

I know that.

sagsall4u

Journeyman
instead of a high end gaming rig which wud set u back by bout 50-60 grand . buy a console for 30k and games worth 10 grand and a laptop for you basic computing needs. The consoles have a hard dis . so u can watch movies and stuff. CONSOLES DEFN

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
itz really a joke comparing the pcs with consoles as thunderbird has ritely stated

coz the ps3 has a measly gforce 7900 in it
So although cry engine may be ported u will not get the wuality of dx 10
The features which make crysis brilliant volumetric lightning and shadows will not be there

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Darthvader said:
itz really a joke comparing the pcs with consoles as thunderbird has ritely stated

coz the ps3 has a measly gforce 7900 in it
So although cry engine may be ported u will not get the wuality of dx 10
The features which make crysis brilliant volumetric lightning and shadows will not be there
Future will tell boy,the future definitely will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom