Camera talk...

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Seems like a decent pricing, but I doubt it, if this is gonna be the range for RX100... What were the models you got it fixed?

Pics coming soon.

- - - Updated - - -

that's cheap! which model did you get fixed?

I dont remember the model no of the newer one but the older one was a W-series cybershot which I paid 3.5k to repair,paid 5k for the newer one
RX100's lens will obviously be more expensive but I think itll not cross 6-8k

sujoyp

Grand Master
yesterday took many pics with canon s90 in low light all without flash...what I feels is it loose details in low light...although pics are perfect..and it was soo good not to carry DSLR in crowd...

here is the link to album...see the pics yourself :)

*www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155264079485424.1073741880.703330423&type=1&l=fa33e8eb8f

I think they are great for a P&S 3 gen old and that too all without flash ;)

It shot mostly on f3.2 or f4 and with ISO from 400-800

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I dont remember the model no of the newer one but the older one was a W-series cybershot which I paid 3.5k to repair,paid 5k for the newer one
RX100's lens will obviously be more expensive but I think itll not cross 6-8k
What was the price of those cameras when you bought them? I still think it would cost a lot more than 6-8k.
*www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155264079485424.1073741880.703330423&type=1&l=fa33e8eb8f
I just looked at those thumbnails. It's good. :)

raja manuel

In the zone
Those photos are excellent, but I wouldn't exactly call that low light! Those are some pretty powerful lights in the background, and shadows are quite sharp. Nevertheless, I think this once again proves the excellent utility of P&S; they are a better choice than DSLRs if you are taking snapshots in favourable lighting conditions but inconvenient camera-hauling conditions. Also possible that people are more relaxed and spontaneous when they don't have a big black box aimed at them. Horses for courses.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes [MENTION=129348]shadow[/MENTION], [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] and [MENTION=133607]raja[/MENTION] ...pics came nice...and nobody knew that they are not shot with my DSLR but a simple P&S (looks simple but advance p&S) and all pics in Auto mode :D

Raja there are lot of light but I see less grains on the pic...try any P&S at night without flash it produces very grainy pics...ISO 600 is descent enough ...and really people feel much better with P&S then a dslr...also I am much relaxed when giving cam to my friends hands...this P&S is cheap ..my DSLR +17-50 combo is 70k but this P&S is just 9k :D

my friend who took S90 to her honeymoon was also happy with results...I saw some of the pics..results are good...

sujoyp

Grand Master
I didnt zoomed ...donno it was on fully Auto..didnt touch any settings ...maybe due to face detection...to keep focus on multiple faces it needs to keep f number high ...its my guess

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
What was the price of those cameras when you bought them? I still think it would cost a lot more than 6-8k.

I paid 13k for my W-series years ago and my other cybershot(I gifted it to my young cousin so dont know the model no) ,I purchased for 17k in 2011

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I paid 13k for my W-series years ago and my other cybershot(I gifted it to my young cousin so dont know the model no) ,I purchased for 17k in 2011
Seems like your rough ballpark could be the range to fix cracked lens of RX100. But to me it seems like a lot cheaper. We will if any one gets quote from Sony.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Seems like your rough ballpark could be the range to fix cracked lens of RX100. But to me it seems like a lot cheaper. We will if any one gets quote from Sony.

yeah best way to find out is through sony
its worth a try to get a quote

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I didnt zoomed ...donno it was on fully Auto..didnt touch any settings ...maybe due to face detection...to keep focus on multiple faces it needs to keep f number high ...its my guess

You can keep that at F2.0 & still have everything in focus for people shots. The good thing about that is you can keep a higher shutter speed then.
That way in M mode you can forget about aperture and adjust only ISO and shutter speed by configuring ISO on the front dial, its super fast that way.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You can keep that at F2.0 & still have everything in focus for people shots. The good thing about that is you can keep a higher shutter speed then.
That way in M mode you can forget about aperture and adjust only ISO and shutter speed by configuring ISO on the front dial, its super fast that way.
Though Sujoy know how to use these things, it's a good when it comes from the user of similar camera on how to use our gear best. :)

Top Bottom