Buyer's Beware: Cheater in Digit Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkat_chitra

SE Freak!
To All Buyer's in Digit Bazaar Forum:
I made an Advertisement to sell my iPod nano.
(*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107425)
A man from Delhi called Adit Jain (*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=62765) is interested in buying it and contacted me through Private Messaging.

I told him to pay first but he told me to send the product first. So, we made an agreement that he should make the demand draft and post the scanned picture on Flickr. Then I've to send the iPod.

As per the agreement, he posted the d.d on flickr and I've sent the iPod nano through DTDC couriers. Then, he sent me a courier. When I opened, I was shocked to see only a ruled paper inside it. I was worried and called him but he claims that he sent the d.d. But I swear that there's only one ruled paper inside it. I've made many calls till now but he didn't responding me correctly. I've lost my 7000 rupees.

So, buyer's beware: Don't buy or sell anything to this man.

Now my question is: Is there any person from Digit Forum who lives in Delhi can help me to get the money from him or shall I give a complaint to the Police Department?
Please help me.

Stuge

Youngling
yes ,you will need to lodge a complaint against him and try to contact that person if possible .

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
This is serious issue.
Mods, we need to think again about our Bazaar rules.

I say lodge complaint.

Again, courier guys sometime do this.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Prudent way to do a deal is select a person always from our city. Otherwise this kind of problems may crop up . You may lodge a cheating case against him(sec 420).

joyceanblue

Broken In
i think best is to deal with either member of your own city, or well known member with high post counts and good trader rating. another way is to ask the buyer to send the money to someone you both trust (forum mods are always a better idea)

Kniwor

Learner
Bazaar section is only meant to be a meeting place for the buyers/sellers. It is not the responsibility of the Thinkdigit Moderator team and/or the admins to ensure the genuineness of the buyer/seller. There is nothing that can be done on our behalf. Moreover there is no proof of the claims of either party. Even if they were verifiable, there is little we can do in form of banning/blacklisting the party.

Although as per rules, such threads do not go in Bazaar section. I am making an exception here and will leave this thread open to discussion for a while.

utsav

damn busy...
It would hav been better if u would hav got a post dated cheque from the buyer b4 hand and then u would have shipped the item.

Now i think u should surely lodge a complaint as soon as possible .

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
This is a clear case of fraud.Because even if the courier guy had pinched the DD , the DD sender could have easily revoked and canceled the DD. But since he is avoiding the call the picture is clear.
Still you shouldnt have send the product without getting the payment in account or in Hand. I wouldnt even send the product unless i see that the DD is cashed or atleast i have dealt with the person before and know him well.
However just because he uploaded the DD picture on some site, you actually send him the stuff.

How Silly and Stupid could you get.

Most of the time it usually seller who is the fraud and on the wrong side, because common sense dictates never to send the product until the payment is done, and in hand.

See if you can meet him or the address where you send the DD.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Man, you know, you should always do a deal with old/known members, who we see as active on this forum.

sonicspeed

Broken In
Use ebay if u r insecure about the other person. Ofcourse ebay charges a nominal fee but this way both sides are safe.

Kniwor

Learner
Thats Sad. Is he banned yet ?

No he is not, and there are multiple reasons.

1) A user cannot be banned on account of a thread opened by some other user accusing him of something, we haven't heard his side yet. (Although I am inclined to think he's a fraud, from what venkat has to say, but some restraint must be exercised before jumping to conclusions)
2) Even if he is a fraud, it does not help banning him immediately and close all ways of him clarifying himself or reaching him in any way.
3)If he is indeed fraudulent, he will be banned, but not before verifying claims.

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I don't know if this will help but if all else turns fruitless then file a complaint in your home city. This will result in the person having to waste more money than the initial money agreed upon in the first place. Usually it ends in the person just compromising and paying the initial amount. The farther you are the better it is . As a lesson never ever send anything without receiving payment.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
This happned to me once , when i purchased psp accessory from ebay , i recieved package well stamped from hong kong , but when i opened i found some tamil newspaper pieces and invoice for the psp case . it was of low value so i didnt bothere much .

maybe you should contact dtdc or whicheveer courier company in case .
mine was indian post .

gcbeldar

In the zone
Dear All,

My suggestion :
1. Contact the person and ask the details of DD, if unable to contact the person, than legal way else,
2. DD details, trace and if lost, duplicate can be arranged.

devildigger

Right off the assembly line
file a police complaint against him..that would b best!
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
file a police complaint against him..that would b best!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom