Building a New Gaming/video editing PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

myhotdog

Journeyman
G'day guys, I'm building a new PC for gaming and video capturing/editing use and just want to verify that I have chosen good quality parts etc. This PC will mainly be used for internet, word, music, movies, DVD burning, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Fireworks, and of course gaming.

CPU: AMD Phenom 9550 (7.5K INR)or Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53Ghz (5.6k INR)
Motherboard: MSI K9A2GM-FD(AMD) or Asus P5KPL-CM (for intel)
RAM: Kingston 2x 2GB DDR2 800 Dual Channel Kit or Transcend 2x 2GB DDR2 (2800 INR)
TV tuner : not decided suggest me ( I have big tv)
GPU: not decided suggest me
PSU: not decided suggest me
CHASSIS: not decided suggest me
if you have better option tell me please.what'll be the final price of pc. I don't need a monitor, keyboard, mouse,speaker or operating system.

U should give ur budget first if u really want some serious advise...... how can we know wat will be best for u if we didnt know where to stop ... i can suggest 8600 GT or GTX280 for the card ... hope u got wat i want to say. Just mention the approx budget ... it will help us recommend best components for u .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
TV tuner : WinFast PalmTop TV works well with BigTV. USB based card with all the connectivity options.
GPU: HD4870 for 17k
PSU: Cooler Master 600W for 3.5k
CHASSIS: Cooler Master Elite 330 for 1.8k

for tv tuner you can also check these two Digital tuner cards. price is around 8k

*www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/...igital+PVR+(DVB-S_DVB-T)/PCTV+Sat+Pro+USB.htm
*www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/...igital+PVR+(DVB-S_DVB-T)/PCTV+Sat+Pro+PCI.htm

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
G'day guys, I'm building a new PC for gaming and video capturing/editing use and just want to verify that I have chosen good quality parts etc. This PC will mainly be used for internet, word, music, movies, DVD burning, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Fireworks, and of course gaming.

CPU: AMD Phenom 9550 (7.5K INR)or Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53Ghz (5.6k INR)
Motherboard: MSI K9A2GM-FD(AMD) or Asus P5KPL-CM (for intel)
RAM: Kingston 2x 2GB DDR2 800 Dual Channel Kit or Transcend 2x 2GB DDR2 (2800 INR)
TV tuner : not decided suggest me ( I have big tv)
GPU: not decided suggest me
PSU: not decided suggest me
CHASSIS: not decided suggest me
if you have better option tell me please.what'll be the final price of pc. I don't need a monitor, keyboard, mouse,speaker or operating system.

If u r going for gaming dont go for AMDphenom9550 (quad core) or Intel c2dE7200
go for E8400/8500 , E8400 would be better for gaming and video editing for better computing hard multitasking AMDphenomx49550 is good for its value ,

hard multitasking ------------> AMDphenomx49550

gaming --------------------->Intelc2duo E8400/8500

and if u are putting AMD means go for BIOSTAR 790gx its latest and good cheap value
its has 2 pcie*16 (2 )

its all just for 5500/-

so u can add two gfx card on crossfire , the motherboard is just 5500/-, i have just missed good and superb value for the money

OP
M

myhotdog

Journeyman
TV tuner : WinFast PalmTop TV works well with BigTV. USB based card with all the connectivity options.
GPU: HD4870 for 17k
PSU: Cooler Master 600W for 3.5k
CHASSIS: Cooler Master Elite 330 for 1.8k

for tv tuner you can also check these two Digital tuner cards. price is around 8k

*www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/...igital+PVR+(DVB-S_DVB-T)/PCTV+Sat+Pro+USB.htm
*www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/...igital+PVR+(DVB-S_DVB-T)/PCTV+Sat+Pro+PCI.htm
Will that pinacle's pctv sat pro work with BIG tv ?

E7200
MSI P45 Neo-F
2x2GB DDR2 800MHz
Palit HD4870 SONIC
Corsair HX520W
CM Elite 330 cabinet
which internal tv tuner card you suggest ? which you think better for gaming/video editing amd phenor or intel's E/Q series cpu ?

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Will that pinacle's pctv sat pro work with BIG tv ?

which internal tv tuner card you suggest ? which you think better for gaming/video editing amd phenor or intel's E/Q series cpu ?

not sure. Will check the BigTV's ports and let you know.

OP
M

myhotdog

Journeyman
most of people here telling me to go with intel's E/Q instead of AMD's PHENOM 9550. so I think this is good configuration. just take a look and tell me if anything should change or not.

MotherBoard:: MSI P45 NEO2 FR -(8350 INR)
CPU:: INTEL Q 6600 (10,400 INR)
RAM:: 4 GB (2800 INR)
CABINET:: COOLERMASTER 334 (1850 INR)
SMPS:: RP-600-PCAR 600WATT (3400 INR)
GPU:: PALIT 9600 GT ( 6500 INR)
TV TUNER:: PINNACLE PCTV SET PRO PCI (7350 INR)
TOTAL::29650 INR

I doubt over tv tuner but DESIBOND will clear my doubt soon.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Q6600 is old workhorse and E8400 beats this one.

For PCTV Pro PCI, you have to use RCA to S-Video converter cable to view BigTV.

I would suggest you Winfast PalmTop TV. It is a USB card and clarity is superb with BigTV. YOu get all the necessary converters in the box and the card itself is tiny. Not sure how well it will work with Vista Media Center but the included app is more than enough.

I checked recordings also and the recorded video's quality is pretty good.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

I would suggest you Winfast PalmTop TV. It is a USB card and clarity is superb with BigTV. YOu get all the necessary converters in the box and the card itself is tiny. Not sure how well it will work with Vista Media Center but the included app is more than enough.

But dun u think in video editing, now and later too, 4 cores will benifit a lot?

OP
M

myhotdog

Journeyman

what is main difference between E8400 and q6600 ? E8400 is 2k INR cheaper than Q

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
E8400 benifits gaming more coz gaming depends on speed rather than more cores and E8400 is speedier (3.0GHz) where Q6600 is slower (2.4GHz). But video editing/rendering benifits with more cores. So its upto u now to decide!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Yes. Q6600 will have little advantage over E8400 in video editing etc but in everything else E8400 excels and with little overclocking, you can reduce the gap.

Coming to TV Tuner card, I found a dead cheap solution.

Tech-Com Internal TV Tuner Card SSD-TV-670.

Price: Rs.700/- or even less.

This one gave me better picture and it is showing TV on 16:10 aspect ratio, which my earlier TV Tuner card's couldn't do. The bundled TV app is superb. Light and very good in functionality.

You can try this:

Ask your local h/w vendor for this card. Tell him that you will get the bill if this card works fine for you and gives the quality that you need else you will get TV card like winfast palmtop TV that costs much more. I did the same to my local vendor and the Tech-Com card is working superbly. This card has Philips 7138 chip.

Give it a try if you want to. There is nothing to lose anyway.

acewin

Point Blanc
Q6600 is old 65nm proccy as desi said, it heats up more and even though has 4 cores, I do not think it is that worth.

If you really hardcore video/audio encoding, it would be just time difference even if 4 core works that good, and the difference being 2-5% max, not really that worth I think.
Instead if you go for Q9xxx series they are beter in performance than Q6600 and have more advantage of core when compared to Q6600 and will show that against Q6600

You can go for desi's suggestion in terms of TV Tuner cards, he has better thing to say, and I will not put in my legs for nothing.

If you think of external, TV Tuner cards, I can suggest from UMax, have used it and also from Techcom, Umax one was much much better than Tech com. Do not know about the chip used in it and all.

Pinnacle has more advantage because of its bundled software I think, but most of the cheap ones have also good enough softwares.

OP
M

myhotdog

Journeyman
Q6600 is old 65nm proccy as desi said, it heats up more and even though has 4 cores, I do not think it is that worth.

If you really hardcore video/audio encoding, it would be just time difference even if 4 core works that good, and the difference being 2-5% max, not really that worth I think.
Instead if you go for Q9xxx series they are beter in performance than Q6600 and have more advantage of core when compared to Q6600 and will show that against Q6600

You can go for desi's suggestion in terms of TV Tuner cards, he has better thing to say, and I will not put in my legs for nothing.

If you think of external, TV Tuner cards, I can suggest from UMax, have used it and also from Techcom, Umax one was much much better than Tech com. Do not know about the chip used in it and all.

Pinnacle has more advantage because of its bundled software I think, but most of the cheap ones have also good enough softwares.
I'm building this pc mainly for video editing purpose I'm not much in gaming. I have a tv tuner card from tech-com it gives me good video quality but audio is very noisy in RECORDING.

dvijaydev46

Broken In
I'm building this pc mainly for video editing purpose I'm not much in gaming.

for video editing go for Yorkfield Intel 45nm Quad core processors never for AMD. Intel quads are better for gaming also. get two 4850s and put in Crossfire. They are mostly better than gtx260 core 216. A single 4850 will be enough if you use a 22" monitor for most of the games. In any case don't forget to buy a good PSU like Corsair. If you can invest a little more money try to get a good overclockable motherboard.

Never an AMD cpu for video editing or gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.