S. No. Particulars BBG Combo ULD 990 ASoM
1Bandwidth (Download Speed)Up to 2 Mbps till 8 GB, 512 Kbps beyond
2ApplicabilityAll Users
3Monthly Charges (Rs)990
7Download/Upload Limit (MB/ GB) per monthUnlimited

BSNL launches unlimited broadband combo plan BBG ULD 990 Pan India

*www.sherv.net/cm/emo/rude/1/smiley-middle-finger.gif

The 512kbps is just crap!!!
Even if BSNL keeps its normal(minimum) speed at 1Mbps,still it is better.
As on the BBG Home Combo ULD1445 plan,under which I am currently subscribed.

Flash

Lost in speed
I received 2mbps full November month, uld850
Haven't you experienced any disconnections?
As per some comments which i read, BSNL checks for 2Mbps for 1GB limit everytime the modem/router restarts. So, if it didn't restart, you can go for 2Mbps speed.

amjath

Human Spambot
Haven't you experienced any disconnections?
As per some comments which i read, BSNL checks for 2Mbps for 1GB limit everytime the modem/router restarts. So, if it didn't restart, you can go for 2Mbps speed.
I restarted and switched off the modem multiple times, but still 2mbps. Have to check this month on the same and will revert back

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
ACT has not even 10% of BSNL customer base.

India's telecom subscriber base reaches 96.42 crore in November - timesofindia-economictimes

ACT Broadband | 25 MBPS | IPTV | Digital TV | Analog TV | Internet Connection | Broadband High Speed

He claimed that ACT contributes by 30% - that's pretty much correct. Also note that Steam detects ACT and Beam Cable as different networks.

BSNL does have the highest subscriber count. But the question is does it generate the highest network traffic in India?

The whole point of my average speed argument is related to only & only Retail Wired segment.

You guys are taking Steam data for reference.. which is completely inaccurate.

Firstly, The total bandwidth in India in use (Lit) is 1.6Tbps (link ref1.46), this bandwidth is used for 3G,4G,2G wired line and WiMax Etc.. by various operators.
From what i know BSNL hs total capacity of 240Gbps, while MTNL has around 60Gbps Etc Etc for use which is also used for 3G/Wired/Wimax Etc.

Of all BSNL has just 150Gbps for wired broadband, MTNL has just 50Gbps, Airtel has around 120Gbps for wired subscribers. Finally ACT has around 170+Gbps in use for their customers.

The above figures beat my own estimations of ACT contributing to national average. As for any sources, You can file RTI to BSNL and MTNL and find out their present capacities and how much of bandwidth is in use for Wired segment (ADSL+FTTH).

*i.imgur.com/9v0QIxX.jpg

*i.imgur.com/vEKA0p1.jpg

*www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/WhatsNew/Documents/Performance_Indicator_Report_Jun_2015.pdf

- ISP's keep 20% free International bandwidth even during peak hours.
- Worth noticing : Airtel International bandwidth during peak hours in AP.

Demand for international bandwidth is clearly growing.. 1.55Tbps to ~1.7Tbps in 3 months, This figure was around 1Tbps in 2009.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
BSNL will never increase speed nor FUP.
They are very adamant about that.:twisted:

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
Hey guys!
BSNL Bangalore user here!
I have the "BBG Combo ULD 945" plan with an FUP of 8GB at 2mbps.

During this big news of the speed being minimum of 2mbps, i actually did get a 2mbps speed even after 8 GB, that is until today.
checking my downloads, I surpassed over 20GB in 3 days alone (am not a big down-loader ), And now its down to the pathetic 50KBps (download).
Well, I had Fun for a while and kinda thought BSNL got their act together, but looks like I was wrong.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys!
BSNL Bangalore user here!
I have the "BBG Combo ULD 945" plan with an FUP of 8GB at 2mbps.

During this big news of the speed being minimum of 2mbps, i actually did get a 2mbps speed even after 8 GB, that is until today.
checking my downloads, I surpassed over 20GB in 3 days alone (am not a big down-loader ), And now its down to the pathetic 50KBps (download).
Well, I had Fun for a while and kinda thought BSNL got their act together, but looks like I was wrong.

You get 2mbps speed every start of month unless you have not disconnected.. as on every new connection bsnl system checks data usage and assign port speed.

amruth kiran

You get 2mbps speed every start of month unless you have not disconnected.. as on every new connection bsnl system checks data usage and assign port speed.
So basically if I keep the router switched on all the time.. I'll always have the 2mbps speed?

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
So basically if I keep the router switched on all the time.. I'll always have the 2mbps speed?
No, you will simply be redirected to BSNL's page where you will get an option to either purchase more high speed Internet or use slow speed. You will then be needed to reconnect in order to use the Internet.

Last edited:

amruth kiran

No, you will simply be redirected to BSNL's page where will get an option to either purchase more high speed Internet or use slow speed. You will then be needed to reconnect in order to use the Internet.
Yeah I am aware of that.. Kinda depressing when I come across that page..
Guess I'll be changing to Hathaway or ACT, although I have my doubts about them too.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
My observation since last 3 months that I am getting full 2 mbps on 25th of every month till 30 or 31st. My 8 Gb cap obviously gets over in first week itself. So I am downloding at full speed after 25th again and then on 1st date the the speed will reset and again 8 gb cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom