BSNL Broadband to offer minimum Internet Speed as '2Mbps'

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No,even if one keeps modem on 24*7 bsnl network will disconnect & reconnect every home connection once in,say,2-3 days.otherwise every home user will get static ip.there is a reason isp charges extra for static ip.also everywhere bsnl has this topup plan option to buy extra bandwidth at pre-fup speed,if one is not getting it then most likely problem is with user's setup(some dns/browser/addon/security software etc).

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
No,even if one keeps modem on 24*7 bsnl network will disconnect & reconnect every home connection once in,say,2-3 days.otherwise every home user will get static ip.there is a reason isp charges extra for static ip.also everywhere bsnl has this topup plan option to buy extra bandwidth at pre-fup speed,if one is not getting it then most likely problem is with user's setup(some dns/browser/addon/security software etc).
I tried doing the topup and the charges seems decent. The maximum charge of 500 rupees for 20GB of data at pre-FUP speed, but I don't have a BSNL ID, required to login.
It's not the user name and password of the router(Server ID). I couldn't find a way to even create a new one. They supposedly it when you apply for a connection.

Anyone who has successfully tried the topup?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
One needs to create a login ID at bsnl selfcare portal site for their region(east,west,north,south) using the customer no. printed in the bill,this is the only bsnl id that needs to be created.the other bsnl id is the connection id with username & password cretaed by bsnl & seems to be the one used to do the topup.this connection id is saved in modem(if net connection is established by simply turning on bsnl modem).note this is not the same id as modem id used to login & open the modem settings page.

Genius-jatt

Broken In
Please any one help me How to get "The maximum charge of 500 rupees for 20GB of data" as said in post no.343 or any of the best 3G data pack for month thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
From whatever i know,there will be a popup once a month after crossing FUP,one needs to bookmark the link of this popup for future use.also some security software/popup blocker/addon may interfere with this.after clicking accept button in popup the next screen will have 4 options with Rs.500 for 20gb being the costliest one.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
From whatever i know,there will be a popup once a month after crossing FUP,one needs to bookmark the link of this popup for future use.also some security software/popup blocker/addon may interfere with this.after clicking accept button in popup the next screen will have 4 options with Rs.500 for 20gb being the costliest one.
Wait a sec. I will post that link. This is the link that I got last month. I am still within the FUP and this link isn't working right now.

*172.30.35.20/bsnlfup/top_up.php?service=HS-I-H-2MB-8G-512K-M&timeMetered=false

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
the link indicates plan as 2mbps till 8gb & then 512kbps,i guess this will work once 8gb is crossed.btw these popup links are specific to each region & won't work outside that region.

Flash

Lost in speed
Check BSNL Dataone Broadband Plan Usage under FUP Limit
Alternative Link 1
Alternative Link 2
Alternative Link 3 (Kolkata and Assam)
Alternative Link 4 (Kerala)
Alternative Link 5 (Bangalore)
Alternative Link 6 (Gujarat)
Alternative Link 7 (Chennai)

*www.askvg.com/bsnl-dataone-tip-check-data-usage-or-add-extra-gb-to-your-broadband-plan/

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Well This month December I opted the Extra 20 GB option by paying 500 plus taxes in my ULD 845 Plan.

I didn't not opt it first but later i opted 10th Dec - I mean clicked.

Why I opted ?

I need to update my Mac OS to El Capitan which is 6.17 GB Downloads and each month I try to get update at the beginning of the month since it released (past 2-3 months) but never ever succeed - But This time I'm able to successfully update it - Thanks to this new system. I tried several other download method incl Torrent but none worked with my Mac - all rejected.

How much Data this Update 6.17 GB consumed ?

Well App Store consumed just over 10GB - Nearly 3.73 GB Data rejected internally - Thank God I opt the highest plan...else the whole effort lost.

Am I Stupid by clicking 500/- for 20GB which I entitled free ?

Yes - maybe - But I only have BSNL BroadBand (ULD 845) and BSNL 3G Access - other service I have T24 Sim and it don't offer 3G either <- So there is no point to opt for a new service just to update OS.

For BSNL 3G Speed is good (with help Huwai 8231 Dongle) in my area but for 10GB i need to spend 1011/- or 20 GB 1949/-, but connection may break from slow App Store Download - Then it is Total Loss. For Cheapest plan BSNL 3G offers 1 GB for 3 Days 68/-, So 10GB cost will be 680/- as example - but that not serve my purpose either.....where only BSNL BB can solve my problem with help Speed restore option which provide constant speed.

How I opted ?

I didn't feel to go through this option when my Speed Limit exhausted during the beginning of the month, but later when needed,
I just clicked the E-mail where they send the necessary link to do that in case user not opt it first when their speed runs out - just my case. Even after this 20 GB usage over again system send another E-mail to opt the Speed Restore Plan.

Where I'm now ?

I'm still in ULD 845 plan just to see the exact charge 500+ tax which is coming next month - after that I will upgrade my plan to ULD 1445 which looks most VFM right now.

Last edited:

Assassini

Broken In
Hey guys! BSNL aka Scammers are taking it to new heights.Is anyone experiencing issue of having logged in as some other user for broadband?I am having this strange issue.When i go to usage check page i am not logged in with my bsnl id but someone else and when i restart modem...the id changes but again its not mine....
The bigger problem is that the High Speed data units shows zero(i had top up 2 days back @ 10GB :( ) .This is complete scam...what if someone else tops up in place of ours because the ids are haywire?We may end up with a hefty bill.

Flash

Lost in speed
Anybody noticed this news?

BSNL has announced revision to its broadband plans in Chennai and Karnataka circles. Fixed monthly charges of broadband plans have been increased by Rs. 15 – Rs. 30 across different plans. The new tariffs will come into effect in both these circles starting January 01, 2016.

1. No.
ExistingRevised in Chennai TD only
Plan NameFMC (Rs.)Plan NameFMC (Rs.)
1BBG Combo ULD 675675BBG Combo ULD 699 CS85699
2BBG Combo ULD 845845BB Combo ULD 875 CS86875
3BBG Combo ULD 999999BBG Combo ULD 1025 CS881025
4BBG Combo ULD 999 CS13999BBG Combo ULD 1025 CS131025

The BSNL broadband plans BBG 375, BBG ULD 542, BBG Combo ULD 675, BBG Combo ULD 845, BBG Combo ULD 845 CS50, BBG Combo ULD 945, and BBG Combo ULD 999 have been revised to new tariffs in the Karnataka circle. While BBG Combo ULD 675, BBG Combo ULD 845, BBG Combo ULD 999, and BBG Combo ULD 999 CS13 are revised in the Chennai circle.

No.ExistingRevised in Karnataka Circle only
Plan NameFMC (Rs.)Plan NameFMC (Rs.)
1BBG 375 CS19375BBG 390 CS19390
2BBG ULD 545545BBG ULD 560 CS84560
3BBG Combo ULD 675675BBG Combo ULD 699 CS85699
4BBG Combo ULD 845845BB Combo ULD 875 CS86875
5BBG Combo ULD 845 CS50845BB Combo ULD 865 CS50865
6BBG Combo ULD 945945BBG Combo ULD 965 CS87965
7BBG Combo ULD 999999BBG Combo ULD 1025 CS881025

BSNL has further clarified that existing customers, who are already under annual payment option, will not be charged with the revised tariff till the expiry of their current annual subscription. However, new subscribers taking annual option will be charged as per the revised tariff structure.

BSNL revises its broadband plans for Chennai and Karnataka circles with slight increase in tariffs

Another reason for BSNL users to switch to other ISPs. They give the pathetic 512kbps and that too not consistent, yet they increase the plan cost.

amjath

Human Spambot
^ I'm chasing act for connection for more than 3 months, but they say no feasibility. I see connection in 500 range from my locality.

My speed is now down to 512kbps, but last month it was 2mbps while month.

Flash

Lost in speed
BSNL said:
BSNL has announced a special promotional offer where it is providing a discount of 10 percent on broadband speed restoration add-on plans as a part of Christmas, New Year and Republic day. This offer will be effective from 25-12-2015 to 31-01-2016 in all the circles on a promotional basis.

BSNL’s speed restoration add-on plans for broadband subscribers offer restoration of unlimited broadband plan speed even after crossing the FUP limit. Subscribers can choose from Rs. 100 for 2GB, Rs. 200 for 5GB, Rs. 300 for 10GB, and Rs. 500 for 20GB high-speed data quota for the rest of the billing cycle. Subscriber will then receive to a pop-up message when the data quota gets exhausted. Subscribers can then choose add-on plan of choice and the charges will be included in the next billing cycle.

Christmas and New Year holiday are the times when a lot of data is used by customers. Hitting FUP limit and using slow Internet speed for the rest of the month is something that everyone hates. This is a welcome move from BSNL to offer discount on its add-on plans broadband plans.

BSNL offers 10 percent discount on broadband speed restoration add-on plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom