Best Headphone in budget

rajsanand

Right off the assembly line
I have these. They are almost dead now, within a year. There seems to a loose connection causing one of the speakers to black out quite often. The volume knob is a complete mess, touching it will cause the headphones to stop producing sound.

IMO the volume knob on the headsets shouldn't be fiddled with. Instead using the desktop controls will prolong the life. Read the same in many forums.

Apart from that, they produce good sound and are moderately confortable and good for video chatting.

Absolutely true. I don't which model I have of Logitech H 250 I purchased exactly 1 year ago. Some 3 months ago it started giving me the same problem.
It seems they are using a cheap "gum" on the soldered parts. This will cause soldering to give way and cause these loose connections.

I believe they are doing it on purpose or else How could these earphones expire in just a year.
I thought it was more than a year, I just checked my email to get the model number to reply to this thread and saw i had purchased it on 11 dec 2012. I could have applied for warranty :(

ANyways after this I decided never to buy logitech again.
I had purchased HP the year before it gave me the same problem but after 2 years of usage.

Last year i thought let me buy a "branded" earphone. The HP was a high quality one too with gold plated connecters. It cost 900 bucks.
This logitech one cost me 800 bucks odd.

This time i want to go in for a new one but everything seems bad.
Even Creative headsets on Flipkart reviews are having the same problem.
It seems only headsets above 3k seem to last and have a decent sound quality

I am thinking of going in for a local brand like iball but then it makes me think twice.
If branded companies like logitech products become loose in less than a year how much these local brands would last?