Best bang for the buck Laptop for Under 30K

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Suggest me what brand of RAM to get? and what clock speed RAM the X53 comes with? It must be same to work, am I correct?

1333Mhz. so buy any standard 1333Mhz ram stick from Flipkart.

Hi Sam, thanks! You could try Snap deal - they have re-listed the x53 at Rs.400 more than the price I ordered - or from the websites I dug up - 'm not familiar with most of them though..

i'll send a mail to Technotronics. i think they were earlier known as BuyGamingStuff. Snapdeal i am not so sure. Looks like they source their product from multiple vendors. Not comfortable with that kind of dealing.

Monk

Journeyman
Thanks Monk! Suggest me what brand of RAM to get? and what clock speed RAM the X53 comes with? It must be same to work, am I correct? I see D3 in your currently playing list? How is to play? Good as Diablo 2? How is the performance on the X53? So are you playing as the Monk

Ha ha! You seem pretty excited! I'm using Corsair ram. i think it has Samsung 2gb ram 1333 ram pre installed. I played diablo with 12.4 catalyst driver with crossfire mode turned on at 1366 x 768res , game play so far has been amazing and smooth.

The performance has been fairly smooth till now, what i didn't expect was a gesture enabled touch-pad!! it was a sweet surprise.
In the drivers CD you will find many utility software's like ASUS Sonic Focus ( For increasing sound and clarity) , Splendid Utility (Screen color profiles), etc. do install them for better performance. :D

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Congrats Games Goblin :)
so bad news for me. was thinking of ordering one from SMC but bad timing of exam spoiled everything :(

huh !?!

Thanks Monk! Suggest me what brand of RAM to get? and what clock speed RAM the X53 comes with? It must be same to work, am I correct?

Llano supports upto 1600MHz. See if you can sell stock RAM (assuming its 1333MHz, if its 1600 which I doubt, then leave it), and upgrade for a 4GB 1600MHz stick.

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
Ha ha! You seem pretty excited! I'm using Corsair ram. i think it has Samsung 2gb ram 1333

Hi monk, your sig says you upgraded to 8gb RAM - so did you take out the stock RAM and put in 2x4 GB sticks? How is the performance boost? Great to know that D3 is running smoothly!

In the drivers CD you will find many utility software's like ASUS Sonic Focus ( For increasing sound and clarity) , Splendid Utility (Screen color profiles), etc. do install them for better performance. :D

Thanks for the tip!

Llano supports upto 1600MHz. See if you can sell stock RAM (assuming its 1333MHz, if its 1600 which I doubt, then leave it), and upgrade for a 4GB 1600MHz stick.

Correct :thumbs: ! Llano supports 1600mhz, but only MX variants support 1600mhz the normal M ones (like in x53ta) only supports 1333mhz - found out from here

I'm a bit confused - say if I buy a Corsair 4gb 1333mhz and put it along the stock ram to make it 6gb in a 1x2gb + 1x4gb config, will it affect performance? the frequency of both is same but I read somewhere that 2 identical pair of RAM gives best performance (eg. 2x2 GB, 2x4 GB etc)

i'll send a mail to Technotronics. i think they were earlier known as BuyGamingStuff. Snapdeal i am not so sure. Looks like they source their product from multiple vendors. Not comfortable with that kind of dealing.

Best of luck with your inquiry! Interestingly, snapdeal has the X35ta back in stock at the price which I bought - 27199 AND they have another listing at 27599 - quite extraordinary - leaves me confused!:confused:

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I'm a bit confused - say if I buy a Corsair 4gb 1333mhz and put it along the stock ram to make it 6gb in a 1x2gb + 1x4gb config, will it affect performance? the frequency of both is same but I read somewhere that 2 identical pair of RAM gives best performance (eg. 2x2 GB, 2x4 GB etc)

in case of laptop, latency and timing doesn't matter much as you can't overclock considering the space constraints. you can go for 2 as well as 4Gb.

Best of luck with your inquiry! Interestingly, snapdeal has the X35ta back in stock at the price which I bought - 27199 AND they have another listing at 27599 - quite extraordinary - leaves me confused!:confused:

will first inquie locally. a friend of mine also wants to buy it and hes not so comfortable with online shopping. retro guy :p

Monk

Journeyman
Hi monk, your sig says you upgraded to 8gb RAM - so did you take out the stock RAM and put in 2x4 GB sticks? How is the performance boost? Great to know that D3 is running smoothly!

Actually i bought this laptop from a local shop, the guy happily took the pre installed 2gb ram and installed 4gb ram instead. Later i bought an another 4gb ram to make it dual channel i sorta found that out later.
Do you plan to OC the CPU?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Hi guyz i am in a similar situation, but why you guyz are bashing trinity for its availability here.
After quick googling i came to knw last year amd had severe production problems and laptops availability was delayed till sept oct in usa and there were rumours of dell buying amd also. But this time story is diff , they generated about 30 min cash in q3, q4 and q1 2012 and created a big name for themselves for these fusion laptops.
And this time they have already shipped millions of apu to oem.
To give you more hope read this

*articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-04-17/news/31355417_1_amd-chip-amd-s-india-form-factors

and this

AMD betting big on Indian market for business growth - Latest IT News, Computer vendors in India, IT Blogs, IT industry in India : Latest IT News

though i am hopeful that we will see trinity in india in by june end , i am a bit sceptical about the price
since hp pavillion g6 with amd a6 4400m dual core is available for 570 dollars in australia . So if i am looking for amd a8 and 7670m xfired it would come for 35 k thus beyond my budget of 30k. Then i also might stick to asus x53ta .
So owners of x53ta please tell me
1) How is the crossfire performance of this laptop i have searched a lot and all pointed to micro stuttering a big issue what are your views.

2) amd trinity will have support for direct x 9 games in crossfire mode , is this a hardware feature or software . Can we also have the direct x 9 crossfire compatibility in llano with new drivers.

this question is for experts

see on flipkart many laptops are with free dos which results in laptops being cheap by 5k on a laptop with windows 7.
But not all laptops are with free dos . So my question is where to get these laptops without windows because spending on windows seems like waste of money
and if i get a laptop with windows can we sell that ?
I am really looking forward for laptop with amd a8 4500m and 7670m 1 gb without windows for 30- 31k.
Thanks waiting for your replies

Last edited:

Monk

Journeyman
Hi guyz i am in a similar situation, but why you guyz are bashing trinity for its availability here.
After quick googling i came to knw last year amd had severe production problems and laptops availability was delayed till sept oct in usa and there were rumours of dell buying amd also. But this time story is diff , they generated about 30 min cash in q3, q4 and q1 2012 and created a big name for themselves for these fusion laptops.
And this time they have already shipped millions of apu to oem.
To give you more hope read this

I'm not being skeptical but its all about 'Demand & Supply' in India there is not much demand of AMD (laptops).
If you see the market, there are only 2-3 laptop available with AMD A6 APU's, and not a single one with A8 processor.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
I'm not being skeptical but its all about 'Demand & Supply' in India there is not much demand of AMD (laptops).
If you see the market, there are only 2-3 laptop available with AMD A6 APU's, and not a single one with A8 processor.
thanks for the reply , i couldn't complete my post last night. I have edited now.
So please read it again and please answer the questions

thanks

Monk

Journeyman
1) How is the crossfire performance of this laptop i have searched a lot and all pointed to micro stuttering a big issue what are your views.

2) amd trinity will have support for direct x 9 games in crossfire mode , is this a hardware feature or software . Can we also have the direct x 9 crossfire compatibility in llano with new drivers.

1. Crossfire does what it says, i haven't experienced any major shuttering with it I have played games like Diablo 3, Crysis 2, Skyrim, CODMW3 on crossfire. Actually you have to manually assign games in the AMD CCC to 'High performance'. And they work great.
More-ever if you update your BIOS to 212, you will have freedom to use dGPU rather than crossfire.

2. Llano supports DirectX 11, Shader 5.0. I have heard DX 9/open GL games don't work great on this machine, but that's something i haven't tested.

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
Guys, this story is far from over ... its becoming like a bollywood blockbuster with so many twists and turns.... First off, snapdeal cheated me in the most despicable way...before placing the order with them, I called them twice to confirm the X53 was in stock and they reassured me that it was in stock and I can go ahead and confidently place my order - after I placed my order, the x53 was marked out of stock, but few hours later, they marked it in stock again- My order page was showing est. delivery date as 27th may

COD was not being offered with X53 so I paid the entire amount upfront on 22nd may and was really excited having found an x53 in stock.... On 23rd ordered 4gb corsair RAm from flipkart - which arrived in record time as usual

but as for the laptop- 22nd went 23rd, 24th, 25th....and still no response from snapdeal confirming the shipment with tracking no.....my order page showed the status as "processing"

On 27th May I called up customer service and he said that the laptop has been dispatched and smooth talked me by saying it will definitely reach my house on 31st may and that they would send me tracking no. 28th may, 29,30,31, 1st june - still no laptop or tracking no. My brother called customer care again on 2nd june and to our shock, they guy responded that they never shipped my order as it was out of stock - Imagine the audacity to say that to a customers face after they themselves said that my order was shipped and would "definitely reach your hands on 31st saaar" Bro gave the guy a piece of his mind and blasted him left, right and center for half an hour- in the end felt almost sorry for the dude who attended our call. And to add the icing on the cake, they replied that it would take 10 days, yes you read that right - 10 days for us to get the refund -citing that it's their bank's procedure yada yada! Unbelievable! 10 days to get a refund - when they greedily snatch your money in seconds! I will never ever deal with snap deal again - and I wholeheartedly suggest you never go anywhere near them!

I was too dejected to post back these happenings back here - with the x53 out of stock, I really had no other option other than the Asus K53SM-SX010D. After the effects of the snapdeal saga wore off, today I decided to go and buy the K53SM - I went to the store and almost finalised on the Asus when the sales guy showed me a Samsung Model - the NP305E5A-S01 IN - 1TB HDD, AMD A6 3420M - 15" - first off, I was blown away by the display- it looks like watching one of the new samsung smart TV models - the colors were so much richer than all the other laptops on display there and to top it off - it was a Matte display - a rarity among laptops here - the only problem was the bland design but I could live with that - and he was offering it for Rs.30k which I though was good value - Rs.9k less than the ASUS - but ASUS is definitely having stronger performance - I was torn - Samsung or ASUS? I decided to come back home and decide - If he hadnt shown me the Samsung, I would have brought home the K53 today -

I decide to research more on the Samsung so I came back home and started researching - I logged into flipkart and wanted to check the price of this model when something caught my eye in the new arrivals page - AMD APU Quad Core A8, Rs. 32667 - I blinked for a second - what in the world is this?? Was I dreaming?? HP Pavilion G6-2005AX with trinity APU + dedicated graphics + 7200 rpm drive + 2x USB 3 + Altec Lansing Speakers - available NOW @ Rs.32K??? WOW!!!! Insane!!! Here Im thinking trinity wont be launched for a good 6 months in India + I almost bought a laptop today -- and now this happens -- I wasted no time and ordered it in a heartbeat - But due to snapdeal experience, i will only rest easy after I get my tracking no. - but flipkart has always been exceptional in service everytime I dealt with them.

As old sayings goes, all things happen for a good reasons- unbelievably snap deal rascal's cheating and sales person showing samsung model both resulted in me buying a laptop I hope suits me best - so I guess this blockbuster turned out all right - a happy ending, but the audience must be exhausted by now :) - hope no more twists and turns though :O

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Congrats on all the tussle :)) Indeed it turned out to be good enough for you. :)

Leave feedback for snapdeal in shopping thread.

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
^Congrats on all the tussle :)) Indeed it turned out to be good enough for you. :)

Leave feedback for snapdeal in shopping thread.

Thanks dashing.sujay!! I'm exhausted after the ordeal with Snap deal, and yes I guess everything turned out well in the end, but as I stated, I'll only rest easy after getting tracking no. from FK.

And I've posted the ordeal of snap deal in the Service and RMA watch section! Hope no one has to go through what I did!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
better than bolywood story ;)
hope you get your money back soon. And you did the right thing. let snapdeal enjoy a bit more much deserved publicity.

lastly congrats and don't forget to post a review once you receive the laptop :)

rish1

Cyborg Agent
awesome story bro
i had read this thread quite a few days when everyone was saying trinity wont come soon . I googled and got to know that trinity would be launching quite early as i wrote in the above post and so i thought i should post here and inform you but by the time you had made the purchase , and i thought had i posted my post earlier you wouldn't have made the deal and waited for trinity. i am glad You saved yourself a lot of regret bro .

and whats the funny thing everyone was hoping trinity to come after 6 month of usa launch, and its not even launched in usa and people are using trinity here.
Now thats big news for india especially in tech dpt .

as soon as you receive the product please tell us somethings
1) how is the heating in laptop while gaming and while watching movie
2) please run 3d mark 11 and tell us the graphic score of 7640g + 7670m
xfired ( i hope it to score 1800 points)

3) enjoy the lappy :)

change the thread title to
ALL IS WELL IF IT ENDS WELL
lol..

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
better than bolywood story ;)
hope you get your money back soon. And you did the right thing. let snapdeal enjoy a bit more much deserved publicity.

lastly congrats and don't forget to post a review once you receive the laptop :)

Thanks sam! If you go to Snap deal and see the bottom of the page - it states 25000+ units sold per day - I'm wondering if they are selling in their imagination?? Maybe 25,000 sold but certainly not shipped! And look at their motto - Security, Quality, Support, Value for money - total bogus if you ask me

Definitely review is on the cards after I put it through it's paces.

And sam, I guess you predicted my snap deal experience on the day i made the purchase itself:

awesome story bro
i had read this thread quite a few days when everyone was saying trinity wont come soon . I googled and got to know that trinity would be launching quite early as i wrote in the above post and so i thought i should post here and inform you but by the time you had made the purchase , and i thought had i posted my post earlier you wouldn't have made the deal and waited for trinity. i am glad You saved yourself a lot of regret bro .

and whats the funny thing everyone was hoping trinity to come after 6 month of usa launch, and its not even launched in usa and people are using trinity here.
Now thats big news for india especially in tech dpt .

as soon as you receive the product please tell us somethings
1) how is the heating in laptop while gaming and while watching movie
2) please run 3d mark 11 and tell us the graphic score of 7640g + 7670m
xfired ( i hope it to score 1800 points)

3) enjoy the lappy :)

change the thread title to
ALL IS WELL IF IT ENDS WELL
lol..

Thanks rish! I was definitely convinced we were going to get Trinity only late this year, considering how Llano came out - but now we get ivy bridge AND Trinity - hope this is the trend in the future!

A review is definitely coming after I test the lappy! I read that AMD solved all of it's heating issues in it's APU series, but i'll test this out for sure. My bro has a Toshiba laptop with Athlon x64 and it gets so hot that the plastic vent covering on the side of the laptop which conceals the heatsink has melted away!! But laptop still works well though! You can keep you fingers over that broken bit for some serious pain! In comparison his older HP pavilion with Intel Centrino rarely gets hot even if playing games form prolonged periods - so I hope this new gen AMD is gonna change that.

I'm also curious to know what the 3d mark score is gonna be

Another problem I'm having is that the 4gb corsair 1333mhz I bought in anticipation of receiving the X53 is lying idle now (the HP i ordered uses 1600 mhz) I'm gonna see if I can install it in bro's Toshiba - My question is if that laptop uses DDR3 but at lower frequency, can I remove the old RAM (its a 1 x 1 GB stick) and install the corsair alone?

Last edited:
Top Bottom