Best 3rd gen i5 or i7 laptop ?

aroraanant

Explorer
All parts are replaceable if I just make them call, I recently broke my DVD burner and call them to fix, they send an engineer next day with a new writer to change without any questions
Well every company does that, many of friends has got that changed in their dell laptops

rider

as Kratos
Well every company does that, many of friends has got that changed in their dell laptops

It is started by dell laptop, now hp laptops following this, only those which come with damage cover do this. BTW is vaio providing damage cover?

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@ @ndroid_rocks

Sony VIAO E Series SVE15118FN @56k
HP Pavilion DV6-7010TX @59k
Both the models have full keyboard and have win7 preinstalled.
HP 7010tx comes with a bit better processor,more RAM,3 usb3.0 ports,640GB hdd.It also has 1 Year Onsite Accidental Damage Protection and costs 59k.
The Viao has more storage space(750GB) and is cheaper.

If you would wait and buy later then newer models would have arrived and you might get a better deal then.

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
Thanks...

Yea.. I would wait for a better deal :) in the meantime.. looking out for VFM products.

neha31

Broken In
@android_rocks- I guess my laptop requirements are same as of yours...
Please help me if you have found an option....

I would be buying my first laptop..basically for coding purposes(using heavy applications like netbeans/eclipse,oracle etc for programming)
I was going for 15R SE but I am not just happy with its looks..
Can anyone suggest a better option for my purpose..??
I was considering hp but cudn't get a third generation one...my budget is upto 55k
Please help me ,its been a month of wait for me now..and i don't want to wait anymore...
Also will it really matter much if i go for a second generation in hp..?
I am preferring
-third generation i5
-4 GB RAM
-500 GB hard disk
PS-I am no gamer!

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
On a second thought... you can look into G6 2005 AX , 4 GB , 500 GB for 32k.. Its not intel but AMD A8 quadcore... I beleive.. this quadcore would suffice the multitaksing in programming... plus no gaming...

Looks are pretty decent than 15 R SE ... Why not give a thought of going for this.. which can run easily for 3 years... then buy a high end one ...later down the line 2~ 3 yrs... think about it...

If you want only 3rd gen i5 gotta wait for couple of weeks atleast to get new models for comparison..

randomuser111

Technomancer
@neha31

SVE15118FN : E Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

3rd gen Quad Core i7
4 GB RAM
750 GB HDD
AMD 7650M 2GB GPU
15.5 inch
Backlit keyboard

57990 MRP

After Discount 55k (or below, if you are good at bargaining)

neha31

Broken In
On a second thought... you can look into G6 2005 AX , 4 GB , 500 GB for 32k.. Its not intel but AMD A8 quadcore... I beleive.. this quadcore would suffice the multitaksing in programming... plus no gaming...

Looks are pretty decent than 15 R SE ... Why not give a thought of going for this.. which can run easily for 3 years... then buy a high end one ...later down the line 2~ 3 yrs... think about it...

If you want only 3rd gen i5 gotta wait for couple of weeks atleast to get new models for comparison..

Basically I was considering this to go through my final year(engineering) and initial years of my job...until i earn enough...:-?
yeah..I know i should wait but i am tired using my desktop for projects!
want one asap...therefore was thinking of 15R SE..
As suggested.....I think i am considering this one as the best option for me right now..
HP Pavilion G4 Series G4-2036TU Laptop (Sparkling Black) (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7HB)

neha31

Broken In
@neha31

SVE15118FN : E Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

3rd gen Quad Core i7
4 GB RAM
750 GB HDD
AMD 7650M 2GB GPU
15.5 inch
Backlit keyboard

57990 MRP

After Discount 55k (or below, if you are good at bargaining)

Actually..I was confused....some ppl advised me not to go for a vaio just for its design and looks..According to them dell and hp are better than vaio in performance...
you think i should consider sony vaio in my options..coz i completely discarded it...are they good..?.

@randomuser1111
how about this
SVE14116GNB -MRP Rs 48,990 /-*
SVE14116GN : E Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India
-Intel® Core™ i5-3320M
-500 GB hard disk
-4 GB RAM
-no dedicated garphics..Intel® HD Graphics 4000
I was browsing vaio laptops and this one also caught my eye..although it doesn't have a backlit keyboard...
Any suggestions..?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Actually..I was confused....some ppl advised me not to go for a vaio just for its design and looks..According to them dell and hp are better than vaio in performance...
you think i should consider sony vaio in my options..coz i completely discarded it...are they good..?.

they are right but i am sure they have mainly checked the entry level Vaio that cost around 30-35k. Those look great but the configuration is really poor. But once you cross the 50k mark you can have some descent laptops with Full HD screen, descent internals and Sony's trademark i.e. great looks :wink:

check this: Sony Vaio VPCCB35FN/B

randomuser111

Technomancer

@randomuser1111
how about this
-Intel® Core™ i5-3320M
-500 GB hard disk
-4 GB RAM
I was browsing vaio laptops and this one also caught my eye..although it doesn't have a backlit keyboard...
Any suggestions..?

Well what they mean is Dell and HP offer better hardware for the same price as Sony. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't look at Sony.

The model you chose is quite good. You can get upto 6% discount on the MRP so you should be able to get this model for around 46k.

rider

as Kratos

@randomuser1111
how about this
-Intel® Core™ i5-3320M
-500 GB hard disk
-4 GB RAM
Any suggestions..?

Vaios are great for a non-gamers you will get same performance in coding like you will get in hp or dell 3rd gen processor. hp-dell are better for gaming performance and cheap maintenance.
Don't buy an ultrabook you will not get performance like mainstream laptops like these.

neha31

Broken In
@rider and randomuser111
Thanks a lot guys!
I think I would be buying SVE14116GNB by tomorrow!!!!
Thanks again!!!

neha31

Broken In
@Sam
I guess you are right...I think it will be sony vaio SVE14116GNB for me!!!!!:cool:

Just one last doubt..
Through employee discount..i am able to get 15R SE in around 49000(including taxes)
along with a bagpack
notebook mouse,
and mcafee security-15 months
Do you think I should compromise in looks and go for it...(and forget abt vaio as evryone says it is overpriced)
Or Vaio would be the right choice ??
If anybdy can give an opinion...

randomuser111

Technomancer
Specs of the 15R SE you are getting for 49k ? If you are getting better specs then go for the 15R SE. Otherwise get the Vaio and pay 2490 and get 2 years additional warranty. :) 2+1 = 3 years peace of mind.

neha31

Broken In
Specs of the 15R SE you are getting for 49k ? If you are getting better specs then go for the 15R SE. Otherwise get the Vaio and pay 2490 and get 2 years additional warranty. :) 2+1 = 3 years peace of mind.

Yeah definitly better specs than vaio
See the comparison where there is difrnce
SVE14116GNB
Hard Disk 500 GB
Graphics- Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Backlit KeyBoard- No
Accessories- (don't know)

15R SE
Hard Disk: 1 TB
Graphics: AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M DDR3 2GB
Backlit KeyBoard: Yes
Accessories: Notebook Mouse,Targus bagpack
and they both cost me the same around 48-49k
Only thing that is bothering me is SE looks...therefore should I compromise on looks..?

rider

as Kratos
for you dell @49k is better value for money product. But the more use of plastic is not much appealing for many customers like you. Also dell is providing accidental damage cover which is a very useful thing, if any physical harm happen to your laptop dell will replace with a new one.

for you dell is more vfm and comes with damage cover.

Top Bottom