Battlefield 3 discussion!

abhidev

Human Spambot
Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3
Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850
Graphics card memory: 1 GB

these are req as per the blog.....not sure how true it is..
Source-->

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3
Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850
Graphics card memory: 1 GB

these are req as per the blog.....not sure how true it is..
Source-->

just wait for the official system requirement by EA

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
^^Nope, I will get those... Just received a confirmation tweet.. I asked them if i'll get the goodies and they said yes..

:???::???:

I doubt you will be getting it at that price. ;-)

You will be asked to pay more later... Wait n' Watch. :twisted:

Well, EA ain't a money whore like Activision (almost). So they always release their games at Indian price here. So, Rs999 it is, nothing more, nothing less.:)

EDIT: F U EA, these naabs are asking rs500 more for pre-orders. Damn it. EA is going the activision way now. What a bunch of *beep*.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Seems like all others are screwed now except the guys who ordered it very early when it showed up on Flipkart..

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
People who buy the Limited edition one will get additional maps. But who will they play with if half of the people have normal edition? Servers are anyways usually empty in India.

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
I wouldn't have ordered anyway... :p

I dun think my ping will allow me to play multiplayer of BF3. It's better to stick with single player.... :D

gameranand

Living to Play
Just read a lot of comments on "EA pulled BF3 from Steam". It looks like EA are going to lose a lot of customers because of this. Many steam users said they would rather get MW3 as a shooter than BF3 if it not coming on steam. Bad news for BF3.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
That just proves that the gamers this gen are so foolish. I dont understant this 'I have my friends on steam, so i wont buy bf3' statments ppl are making all over. Even if you have your game and frnds in steam, you'll still have to create an EA id rite? whats the problem with that. And most probably, everyone will have the programs like steam launched and logged in right after the windows boots up, its just matter of launching the game.

Gamers are over reacting to this way too much.

gameranand

Living to Play
That just proves that the gamers this gen are so foolish. I dont understant this 'I have my friends on steam, so i wont buy bf3' statments ppl are making all over. Even if you have your game and frnds in steam, you'll still have to create an EA id rite? whats the problem with that. And most probably, everyone will have the programs like steam launched and logged in right after the windows boots up, its just matter of launching the game.

Gamers are over reacting to this way too much.
Actually gamers are not over reacting. Only one who is over reacting is EA. I mean steam has this policy about DLCs and patches for many years if I am not wrong and correct me if I am wrong. Now EA didn't had any problems with steam until now when EA is launching Origin. Now they are making Valve like a evil company which in false on every base. No publisher has any problems with steam except EA why is that??? First Crysis 2 then Dragon Age 2 and now BF3. What the heck is this??? They are just screwing up with steam and nothing more AFAIK. Gamers want to be organized they want all their games in one place from where they can play or download DLCs. EA's steam is sure to have that DRM issues so many gamers are not happy about it and there is nothing wrong with it. We have also witnessed the crappy EA downloader than gamers prefer to download game from torrent and activate it rather than using EA Downloader. I think EA should get a large drop in sales so that they realize that they did something wrong.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
guys is this demo version selling??

Buy Battlefield 3 PC Limited Edition (Free Reebok Sipper) - PreOrder Now at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually gamers are not over reacting. Only one who is over reacting is EA. I mean steam has this policy about DLCs and patches for many years if I am not wrong and correct me if I am wrong. Now EA didn't had any problems with steam until now when EA is launching Origin. Now they are making Valve like a evil company which in false on every base. No publisher has any problems with steam except EA why is that??? First Crysis 2 then Dragon Age 2 and now BF3. What the heck is this??? They are just screwing up with steam and nothing more AFAIK. Gamers want to be organized they want all their games in one place from where they can play or download DLCs. EA's steam is sure to have that DRM issues so many gamers are not happy about it and there is nothing wrong with it. We have also witnessed the crappy EA downloader than gamers prefer to download game from torrent and activate it rather than using EA Downloader. I think EA should get a large drop in sales so that they realize that they did something wrong.

I remember lots of gamers and reviewers complaining the same way when Valve bring out Steam with HL2 and tied them together. See where we are standing today. ;)

It's looks like a matter of time before EA moves all their games to Origin. We will get accustomed to it also, like we have gotten with Steam.

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
guys is this demo version selling??

Buy Battlefield 3 PC Limited Edition (Free Reebok Sipper) - PreOrder Now at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

thats not demo... :x thats the ultimate one for preorder... Its up on nextworld and flipkart too.. :D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's confirmed now: you will need Origin to play BF3. ;)

Source:
Origin required to play Battlefield 3 - Battlefield 3

And the tweet here:-

*twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/100892143303925760