Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
The_Devil_Himself said:
8600gt--6.5k

perfect I mean 18k+6.5k=24.5k.just fits your budget.
wow... it does rightly fit..

man .. i do wish one rig config with intel.. can u suggest one for me ???
just curiuos ;-)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
ok this should be good enough for you:

Intel e4400---5.5k
XFX 650i ultra---5k
2gb transcend ddr2 RAM @ 667mhz--2.4k
2x320gb hd in raid config---6.5k
XFX 8600gt 256mb ddr3---6.5k

Down points of this system(over config suggested by choto cheeta):
1.It is a power hog.IT will consume a lot of power so higher power bills if you use it for long stretches everyday(i.e. for downloading)
2.costlier

+ points:
:can play most latest games at decent settings(thats what makes it power hungry)

So basically its your call buddy.Or take my suggestion use the above system as your gaming machine and your current one as downloading centre.
But please do consult with choto cheeta before making any final decision.

regards.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thnks devil..

is xfx mobo available easily??

heard asus mobo come with good cooling technique..??
if so can u suggest one??

really thks man...

if rep systwm is present ... i would have repped u mate..
but i have a suprise 4 u .. check ur pm...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
lol thanks for the surprise but sadly i have a limited b.band connection.

Asus mobo:p5B-VM:it has onboard graphics(confirm yourself)

And yes XFX mobos are easily available at all Rashi outlets.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
but digit magazine this month, shows that msi one is better, and they also are giving away company of heroes!

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
^^There is a hardly measurable performance difference since both brands are good, but consider price and after sale service.
BFG and EVGA are quality brands are cheaper than XFX but they don't have any distributer in India, so its all the matter of price and services.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^dude every XFX card(8600+8800) is now shipping with free COH and the after sales service of XFX is unmatchable.Hurry up before the offer ends.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
He is right.
XFX is known for graphics cards since from a long. It even compared itself with EVGA and BFG and some people says XFX is even better than the two.
Rashi Peripherals owns the distribution in India.
Also liek he has already mentioned about the game COH and also Lost Planet, XFX is giving these 2 games with their cards.
Although MSI is not bad but i have a bad experience with MSI.... still i own a MSI motherboard!

XFX will be my pick!

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
okay but i though lost planet was exclusive to 8800 and coh exclusive to 8600, could u guys make me clear, and which GRAPHIC CARD is actually BETTER

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Hey CHOTO.... glad u r back...

i read ur opening post (first one in the thread)

u mentioned a TV tuner Card from Pinnacle for 2100

I have one analog video camera with composite and S-video output.
will the card help me record from it in good quality?

I followed the product url but couldnt figure out which one u had used...

This is my initial post, pls read it
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=628209&postcount=746

thnx

nd4spd

Broken In
i want to buy
1) DVD writer
2) UPS 600VA
suggest me which one to go for cause i have heard that sony's dvd writer (190c) is not good, i was told that sony's DVD writer DRU-830A is very good.
please give me also price also of Lamington.

prunthaban

Broken In
nd4spd said:
i want to buy
1) DVD writer
2) UPS 600VA
suggest me which one to go for cause i have heard that sony's dvd writer (190c) is not good, i was told that sony's DVD writer DRU-830A is very good.
please give me also price also of Lamington.
For DVD Writer I always suggest Liteon drives. They are the best.

For UPS, if you have money got for APC Smart series. If you don't have... well anything else will do.

I am planning to purchase a high end pc for gaming. I also run applications like VS 2005 and SQL Server 2005 as part of my work. So a 'pure gaming' pc is not the one I am looking forward to.

With my limited h/w knowledge I have come out with a config. I need some advise from h/w gurus.

Here is the config.

Processor - Intel Quad Core Q6600
-I know many people prefer a dual core to quad core. But I am strong believer that in future most application will be capable of using all four cores. Also Vista is capable of splitting instructions intelligently across cores.

Motherboard - Asus P5K-C
-Motherboard is still one area where I have very less knowledge. Let me explain why I want to go for P5K-C. It supports 45nm procs (Penryn). So I can upgrade my proc later. It supports DDR3 RAM. So this MB looks like future proof.
If you can give me some suggestion of good MBs from other manufacturers with 45nm support, it is welcome. I don't want an SLI board by the way.

RAM - Kingston HyperX KHX6400 2 * 1GB PC2-6400
I would have gone for Corsair Dominator. But I heard Corsair is good only for Over clocker and I am a strict 'No overclocking' guy. So I think the Kingston will perform equal to Corsair. Am I correct? Remember Kingston costs 10.5K whereas Corsair costs 16K.

Speakers - Logitech - Z2300
I don't have place to fit 5.1 speakers. So I prefer stereo. I saw the review on CHIP-October. It says the Logitech Z-4 is the best. If I can get it I will buy it. If not Z2300 is the choice.

Cabinet - Antec 900 or Cooler Master Stacker
I need good cooling solution.

Power Supply - Corsair CMPSU 620 HX Modular
This seems to be the best out there.

UPS - APC Smart Series 750 VA
If smart series is not available I may go with APC 1 KVA. Is it fine?

Keyboard - Logitech G15
Nothing can beat this :)

Mouse - Logitech MX518
I saw G5, G7 and G9 mice too. G9 looks crappy. G5 is good. But I heard MX128 performs better for the cost.

Monitor - Viewsonic 22"
The only available 22" monitor in Chennai.

Graphics Card - XFX 8800 GTX
Yummy. yummy.

My dilemmas,
1. Whether to go for Corsair or Kingston (Corsair is 5.5K more for 2GB)
2. Whether to get Q6700 (It is 11K more than Q6600 but the clock speed increase is only 0.22 GHz). But I DON'T overclock. So Q6700 might worth the price.
3. Which motherboard (<10K) is best for my requirement?
4. Which cabinet to go for?
5. Last but not least. Shall I got for XFX 8800 Ultra? It is the best card in the planet as of now and I am tempted to buy it.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
entrana said:
okay but i though lost planet was exclusive to 8800 and coh exclusive to 8600, could u guys make me clear, and which GRAPHIC CARD is actually BETTER

Nothing better than XFX!

prunthaban said:
Yep. I can :D

Lets start:
1. Processor: It should be a quad core because we are talking about future proofing. Overclock or not, its your option.

2. Memory: Try www.memoryc.com, where u can own an OCZ for almost half the price of Corsair or may be Kingston( Check the offer).

3. GPU: Ultra? Really?.....The GTX is really worthy enough and having fair P Vs P (Performance vs Price). So.... 8800GTX will be my choice.

4. Motherboard: Since now i was only in favor of ASUS STRIKER EXTREME or P5N 32 SLI....but this motherboard (P5K-c) is a deal.

4. Spend some more on PSU if u are buying GTX or Ultra and building a monster...like 750Watt PSU.

5. Cabinet: I 'de say.... COOLER MASTER....had a very good experience with Cavalier.

6. Try some liquid cooling for ur monster boy.

Rest of your system is rocking.....well the whole system is rocking!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom