Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@spartacus

Its P5K-Vm you should look for :) it is replacement for P5B-VM, which is GMA x3000 under G965 platform where as the new P5K-VM is Rs. 7200/- comes with G33 platform with GMA x3100...

Thnx.,..

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^wb choto cheeta.(how were the exams?)

He said this system is no longer just for downloading since he has increased the budget.Now he wants to Play online games on it.

Edit:naveen's system.^^

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@bhaskar

No my frnd :p if you are talking about P5N-E SLi them sorry its one the board you would think to run under SLI and it cant run both cards at 16x mode so when under SLI both card will run at 8x mode !!!

and there is no need to run 8600 GT under SLi :p no real performance you would get out of it...

rather buy XFX 650i Ultra Rs. 4800/- with XFX 8800 GTS which around Rs. 14k :) that would performe far better than 2 x 8600 GT with a 650i SLI chipset board like P5N-E Sli...

thank you..

^^wb choto cheeta.(how were the exams?)

well exam is still not over... :p just droped by as from tomorrow will be completelly offline for a quite a few days :lol:

anyway what was his innitial budget for a Seeder box ??

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
The_Devil_Himself said:
ok budget-25k
whats needed-Proccy,mobo,hdd.RAM,G.card(i think you need an upgrade over 6200tc.

Is that it?

no i am going to use the 6200 tc which is a pcie compatible one ... this gfx is actually from my gaming system for which only i bought 6800 GT a week before with all ur help guys ...
so the deal is why waste that card..

so gona use it for this new rig ...

i am not too much into gaming with this one ... so this should do the work i think..

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
@choto cheeta:here are his earlier posts
ist post by naveen said:
guys i need a suggestion ..

i am going to build a system say for download mainly for torrent ..

wht shall i go for ??
intel or AMD ??
i heard AMD gets heated soon ..
since i may have to run the system for long .. loooooong hours ..can anyone suggest a system which is under 20-23 k , excluding monitor, keyboard, dvd drive , mouse , speaker.. and gfx card
2nd post by naveen said:
I have geforce 6200tc supporting 256...
Now since by budget has good slightly up after few saving i am planning to put in a rig to play ONLINE GAMES.i haven tried it.
I dont know whether it can be done with a 256 kbps connection!
I want to play ONLINE games like cs ,secondlife ,i dont know whether we can play in india?i was just thinking of.
And guys suggest a core 2 duo system also...
Since the only thing i found which cant be updated later is processor.so i am having second thought of going for core 2 duo system..
And also a nice mobo.B-)
Each time i think i go one step further...sh!t
Why cant systems be like TV ,buy them, forget them for a solid 5-8 years.:':)':)@

spartacus

Right off the assembly line
Choto Cheeta said:
@spartacus

Its P5K-Vm you should look for :) it is replacement for P5B-VM, which is GMA x3000 under G965 platform where as the new P5K-VM is Rs. 7200/- comes with G33 platform with GMA x3100...

Thnx.,..
i searched on wikipedia , where it says that gma 3100 's 3d core is similar to older gma 950 where as x3000 is something new .........

here is the link :*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Choto Cheeta said:
^^^

The system is only for Downloading right ??

then few things you need to consider :p a Stable platform :p heat issue and off course the power bills...

Adding a GRFX Card will mean extyra power and heat !!

Here is what I would recomend for a Seeder Box type system under Rs. 25k...

AMD X2 4000+ @ Rs. 2800
MSI K9AMG2 @ Rs. 2450
320 GB x 2 HDD 16 MB Buffer @ Rs. 6400
2 GB DDR-II 667 MHz @ Rs. 3600
A large well ventilated Cabinet with Few FANs and 500 Watts SMPS @ Rs. 2500

TAX @ 4% Kolkata Rs. 710

Total Rs. 18460/-

for a Seeder box type system no need for a DVD RW :p as put that in LAN with your main system and transfer files when needed.... now you have still Rs. 6.5k left, intest that full in a better and heavy duty UPS for higher backup time for your seeder box and the modem/switch !!!

System is future proof will be able to run Vista with ease :p ... I would also suggest buy Kaspersky 7.0 for maximum protection of DATA !!! put KAV on highest of its settings !!!

Thank you...

man really thnks for the config...

really thnks ..

can u also give a rig with c2d ... just curiuos ..want to run vista ultimate....

:)) :) ;-)

why to go for two hard disk when 320 gb is available @ 3200???

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

Give a sencod thought as Devil said :p... please clear me out there... you already have a running system with 6800 GT for gaming purpose !! right ?? then I would suggest some thing else...

like this bellow,

Setup a simple home network naa :p in that case you can operate the Second Seeder Box system without any Display under Remote desktop :p

AMD X2 4000 @ Rs. 2800/- + TAX
MSI K9AMG2 @ Rs. 2450/- + TAX
320 GB HDD 16 MB Buffer @ Rs. 3200/- + TAX
1 GB DDR-II 667 MHz @ Rs. 1650/- + TAX
A large well ventilated Cabinet with Few FANs and 500 Watts SMPS @ Rs. 2500/- + TAX

Total Rs. 13104/- incl 4% VAT

how ever u will neev Keyboard Mouse for boot up related issue and trouble shoot if any !! :p

So, Rs. 350/- for local made keyboard and mouse any cheap will do.. :p

Now Buy one 4 Port swicth which is Around Rs. 600 incl TAX

Setup lan between your main system and this one :p ...

P.S. forgot to add :p Run Windows XP instade of Vista :p no need for Vista in this system...

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Choto Cheeta said:
^^^

Give a sencod thought as Devil said :p... please clear me out there... you already have a running system with 6800 GT for gaming purpose !! right ?? then I would suggest some thing else...

like this bellow,

Setup a simple home network naa :p in that case you can operate the Second Seeder Box system without any Display under Remote desktop :p

AMD X2 4000 @ Rs. 2800/- + TAX
MSI K9AMG2 @ Rs. 2450/- + TAX
320 GB HDD 16 MB Buffer @ Rs. 3200/- + TAX
1 GB DDR-II 667 MHz @ Rs. 1650/- + TAX
A large well ventilated Cabinet with Few FANs and 500 Watts SMPS @ Rs. 2500/- + TAX

Total Rs. 13104/- incl 4% VAT

how ever u will neev Keyboard Mouse for boot up related issue and trouble shoot if any !! :p

So, Rs. 350/- for local made keyboard and mouse any cheap will do.. :p

Now Buy one 4 Port swicth which is Around Rs. 600 incl TAX

Setup lan between your main system and this one :p ...

P.S. forgot to add :p Run Windows XP instade of Vista :p no need for Vista in this system...

the two system are 450 km far guys.... :)
lets say one in my home and another in my grandma`s house...

so please suggest as if a new system is built //

and why buys keyboard and mouse.. i dont get u..

my budget is 25 k guys .. so play with it ... no problem..

coz as far amd is concern .. it sends me a creep ...along spine .. idont know why .. but if u guys say its good i will surely go with it blindly..

but since in near future i may install vista ultimate..
will this system will be able handle REALLY GOOD ??? thats my point ..

and guys wht is the diff between core duo and C2D??

OFF TOPIC :

why is there a spike in the download speed at the initial start of the download ..???

why cant it sustain that speed ....

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@naveen_reloaded

I didnt get my answer !!

Give a sencod thought as Devil said ... please clear me out there... you already have a running system with 6800 GT for gaming purpose !! right ?? then I would suggest some thing else...

What is the exact need for the system ?? Downloading and seeding later on isnt it ??? !!!

anyway, it will b you would run and buy and use the system so cant really force you for any setup, what I can do is only suggest few option which I would personally feel good for you... but once again its you who would spend your hard earn money (or is it ??) for the purpose...

and for a 25k system I have already given my suggestion for the need you have specified...

and guys wht is the diff between core duo and C2D??

For information, Core Duo is not a Desktop range !!!

also take a look at here, *www.chotocheeta.com/2007/09/01/dif...-2-duo-vs-intel-dual-core-vs-intel-pentium-d/

and why buys keyboard and mouse.. i dont get u..

side by side 2 desktop with one single monitor, well not a problem :p as you can plug and un-plug when needed.... but personally i have felt that plging and un-pluging all 3 is really a pain in the ass... :lol:

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
@naveen:bro the main use of system is still not clear.Just for downloading or downloading+gaming.The one suggested by saurav sir is just for downloading.It will run cool,consume less power and most of all is pretty cheap.ok.
Now the configuration will vary if you want to play games on it.I mean if you wanna play second life or cs:s then you will need something better.

So state your main purpose.

@choto cheeta:are you sure about the price of 320gb hd?I am also purchasing 250gb but i think i wil buy 320gb if it costs just 3200.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Choto Cheeta said:
@naveen_reloaded

I didnt get my answer !!

What is the exact need for the system ?? Downloading and seeding later on isnt it ??? !!!

anyway, it will you would run and buy and use the system so cant really force you for any setup, what I can do is only suggest few option which I would personally feel good for you... but once again its you who would spend your hard earn money (or is it ??) for the purpose...

and for a 25k system I have already given my suggestion for the need you have specified...

For information, Core Duo is not a Desktop range !!!

also take a look at here, *www.chotocheeta.com/2007/09/01/dif...-2-duo-vs-intel-dual-core-vs-intel-pentium-d/

side by side 2 desktop with one single monitor, well not a problem :p as you can plug and un-plug when needed.... but personally i have felt that plging and un-pluging all 3 is really a pain in the ass... :lol:

i have this gaming rig in place and this new system in another place...
yes i am mainly for downloads ... the system should be stable for long hours so thouht intel would be good
secondly since i upgraded my gaming rig ..the old gfx card became useless and was about to sell... but thought of usingit with the system which i am going to buy next week..

i think i cleared ur doubt...
and thnks for the link ..
will u now suggest a rig mate..
sorry for going too deep... want to put some good money in a good system... thts y ..

anyway thnks for all the replies...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
6200 is a really worth less card right now :( and as u upgraded to 6800 GT i really asume that 6200 that which you have is one AGP interface :lol: so really on chance of finding a AGP based board...

and even you had PCI-E Inteface 6200, then still face this Vista will rate 6200 as 2.0 in grfx status :p just enough to run Areo :lol: where as in case of Onboard AMD 690V (ATi X1200) of MSI K9AGM2 vista will rate it as 3.1 / 3.0 grfx :p

even in real life performance it is better than 6200 :lol:

i have this gaming rig in place and this new system in another place...

I am still confuse :lol: both system will be in same Home right ??

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^nahin.ok let me tell you what i have gained so far.He has a PC which he says is his gaming PC but he cannot access internet from this PC.
Now he wants to have another PC(25k) for accessing net and downloading.He also wants to play some lightweight online games like cs1.6.He has spare monitor,keyboard et al.SO he just needs processor+motherboard+RAM+HDD for 25k and he want to spend 25k(means he dont want to save money).

I hope it is clear now.

@choto cheeta:are you sure 320gb hd is available for Rs,.3200?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@The_Devil_Himself

yes Brother :D it is Rs. 3200/- + TAX Kolkata Price for 320 GB !!! cant really comment what would cost at event horizon :lol:

and thnx for clearing it up for the system config for Naveen :lol:...

anyway,

@Naveen

I already said... !!! Both needs are also quite different like Gaming and a Seeder box... !!! the rule for both are also different... one is ment power saving and Data Storage :p where as one is power hugnry monster :lol:

anyway,

I would still stand by the 18k config !!! AMD 4000 is a good performer with value for money and it will allow you option for a value for money motherboard... which is MSI K9AMG2 comes with AMD 690V with onboard ATi x1200/x1250 which is better than 6200 anyday and will allow some light gaming without any issue...

:D

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
hello i have asrock mobo having model P4i45GV R5.0
which is based on intel 845gv chipset
currently i have 2.0 ghz processor(oc to 2.26 ghz) @ 400 mhz fsb
2 * 1 gb ram sticks (266 mhz)
palit AGP 8x nvidia geforce mx 4000
400 w smps without molex connector

i want to invest in 6600 or 6800 based card
plz suggest a one suitable for me
give its brand name , model no. and availability at nehru place delhi with price
thx

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

opss... 6xxx cards are really hard to come by these days :( how ever I think BGalaxy still have 6800 in market in AGP interface... :) do check that out...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
choto cheeta said:
yes Brother it is Rs. 3200/- + TAX Kolkata Price for 320 GB !!! cant really comment what would cost at event horizon
Hmm..if Kolkata price is 3200 then it should be even lower at event horizon.lol.
I am from delhi.I will buy this on monday or tuesday.Thanks a lot.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
The_Devil_Himself said:
^^nahin.ok let me tell you what i have gained so far.He has a PC which he says is his gaming PC but he cannot access internet from this PC.
Now he wants to have another PC(25k) for accessing net and downloading.He also wants to play some lightweight online games like cs1.6.He has spare monitor,keyboard et al.SO he just needs processor+motherboard+RAM+HDD for 25k and he want to spend 25k(means he dont want to save money).

I hope it is clear now.

@choto cheeta:are you sure 320gb hd is available for Rs,.3200?

u read my mind devil..
guys then suggest a gfx card also..one good for vista ultimate but also wthin the budget..

ooooooooo....i keep thinking hard.. land up somewhere...????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom