Apple wins $1 billion victory over Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaymailed

In the zone
But i really don't like the way they sue companys.Other companys also have patent wars but not as bad as apple.
words of Steve Jobs himself
"Google . . . ripped off the iPhone, wholesale ripped us off. I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. . . . I'm willing to go thermonuclear on this."

they really do hate the Android and co, to make it worse Android has been stealing Apples market share everywhere. unlike Apple which is just one company selling one or two models in limited countries, there so many Android handset makers selling hundreds of droid models not just in western markets but entire globe. Seems like even if Apple goes thermonuclear, it can't stop the Android Army.

waiting for Note2 launch. Samsung without touchwiz?
they can use two different software versions, one for US and other for international version. Even their phones hardware seems to be different for US ones till now.

pratyush997

Inactive
just read some where that apple buys screen n other parts from sammy to make ipads n iphones....
and apple is biggest samsung's electronics consumer........
seriously.....its crazy....

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^yeah Apple is one of Samsung's biggest clients, it's not the glass though, the glass of phones by both companies is by corning.
the A5 is designed by Apple, based on ARM CPU and PowerVR GPU and fabricated by Samsung
the flash memory is also Samsung
no other parts

this mess was started by Nokia
Apple Vs Samsung, Apple blinked first, but come on

donno why so many people hate Apple so much, maybe it's just because they are so good at what they do. Apple is not an innovation charity organisation, to make disruptive products and everyone comes and steals them

pratyush997

Inactive
^ cuz they sell products at higher prices...n btw apple wants of the sammy devices to be banned
Apple reveals the Samsung devices that it wants to ban | PhoneDog

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
This article pretty much sums up everything. And all mor0ns cheering Apple, consumers have lost.

*www.baekdal.com/opinion/good-job-apple-you-****ed-the-world/

Apple is not an innovation charity organisation, to make disruptive products and everyone comes and steals them

You are mistaken with the definition of innovation, if the tech is new there will be obvious ways to address some problems which people will come up with. Pinch to zoom, one finger scrolling, clickable links in messages to dial numbers, etc are such obvious solutions to commons usage scenarios. The company which patents these is polluting the market and the monkeys which are granting these patents should not even be acknowledged in the court of law.
Sumsung deserved some of it, specially copying the ugly icons and making Galaxy S look same as 3GS, but the other points on which damage has been calculated paints a horrible picture of the future in tech.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
No, If I ask you to cross a small puddle, you will either jump over it if you can , or you will go around it, or make a small bridge if needed. These are the obvious things you will do, not call a chopper to get across because its inefficient.
But you know what, you will have to call the heli/jeep/train/plain/car anyways, because I have patented the very obvious simple solutions.

And I am not saying its Apple's fault entirely, this is what other companies are doing too. Countries need to invalidate the patent system which is becoming ridiculous everyday.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
+1 @ tarey_g.
You've touched the right pulse and thoughts of us alike.

Fanboyism is no evil,EVERY PERSON has that right.

No body is ever arguing about the superior QUALITY products from Apple,but their unjustified DOMINANCE in Market is always arguable. Same goes for Intel too.
Even if I have lots & lots of money to splurge,I shall not buy any Apple products. This is my CHOICE my DECISION.

Samsung deserved some of it, specially copying the ugly icons and making Galaxy S look same as 3GS, but the other points on which damage has been calculated paints a horrible picture of the future in tech.

No single company can and should embark on a mission to force us to buy their products only.
Apple is trying to do that and moving in that direction----->>>>

There should be a healthy competition between various manufacturers/vendors and choice amongst buyer/customers/users in the market of Technology.

These are mine and many of our liked Friend's thoughts.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
words of Steve Jobs himself
"Google . . . ripped off the iPhone, wholesale ripped us off. I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. . . . I'm willing to go thermonuclear on this."

"We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas" -Steve Jobs, 1996. :p

Take that literally...and everybody is an innovator, even Samsung. LOL

Anyway, Apple's win is also a good thing in a way, at least the android phone manufacturers will probably try to do something new rather than depending too much on Apple's work. But Apple doesn't really look like they are protecting their, so called 'innovation'...more like a jealous kid who can't take competition. Obviously Samsung's phones are doing better than iPhones, and saying that people mistake S3 for an iphone is idiotic :|

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Apple has stepped on some toes, the first at the receiving end of a patent lawsuit
they have copied expired patents themselves
Apart from their screws and usb interface, nothing really stands out as original

iOS UI is carefully calculated to do certain things, not all phones set out to do this, and it is very easy to come up with really good features here. HTC phone that lets you take photos and videos at the same time for eg. Also this uncrackable thing:
*i.imgur.com/vFpUv.jpg
droids are much better at crossing that puddle, if anyone went and copied the iOS UX purposely, it was obviously with the sole intention of confusing the consumer about the product. This puts pressure on the other manufacturers to follow suit and deliver a similar experience.

the user thinks that the difference in the phone is only cosmetic, and that the internals don't matter at all.
the iPhone 3GS is still in production, not the Galaxy S or anyone remember SE Satio?

also, Samsung has resorted to a sustained apple mocking ad campaign, something other companies have started doing a bit too frequently, know some of you will enjoy this but

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
also, Samsung has resorted to a sustained apple mocking ad campaign, something other companies have started doing a bit too frequently, know some of you will enjoy this but

People were enjoying when Apple was making similar ads for years mocking windows, so no problem in enjoying this one. But again, some will say Samsung is copying here too :) .
I own a Samsung Galaxy SL, looks like a larger iPhone 3GS and I hate it for that. But Android iss amazing so was the hardware for the price, first thing most of people do after buying a Samsung phone is get rid of the ugly touchwiz launcher. After that using the device is bliss.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Lets not forget :

*www.efytimes.com/admin/useradmin/rte/my_documents/my_pictures/Z7C_micromax_iphone_ad.jpg

bhautikjoshi

Broken In
Battle of Tech Giants: Is it Over?

my view on this lawsuit verdict, comments welcome!

*3.bp.blogspot.com/-c6qvn96aOxk/UDnFtCGcCQI/AAAAAAAABtQ/XBBvoK2bEVw/s320/Samsung-vs-Apple.jpg

Battle of Tech Giants: Is it Over?

ajaymailed

In the zone
"We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas" -Steve Jobs, 1996. :p

Take that literally...and everybody is an innovator, even Samsung. LOL

Anyway, Apple's win is also a good thing in a way, at least the android phone manufacturers will probably try to do something new rather than depending too much on Apple's work. But Apple doesn't really look like they are protecting their, so called 'innovation'...more like a jealous kid who can't take competition. Obviously Samsung's phones are doing better than iPhones, and saying that people mistake S3 for an iphone is idiotic :|
Its somewhat difficult for Apple with present strategy to face somebody like Samsung. Being the worlds largest player in electronics, Samsung has core advantages in designing and large scale manufacturing of phones, Socs, displays etc, commanding healthy margins, allowing them to price their phones competitively against others. Samsung has 150 phone models for sale just in US compared to the few released by Apple. Finally the Android, the OS is just made for a company like Sammy. Backed by Google, these Droid handset makers Combined are a force to reckon with, cut throat competition between them means great pricing for consumers with variety of options at various price points.

Its the Google, Moto, Sammy, Sony, HTC , LG etc so many makers in China, India, rest of the world combined with hundreds of models Vs Apple with few models.

The astounding pace at which Android devoured market share of Symbian, BB and now iOS is frightening any opponent. Its that flood of Android handsets that is a concern for others including Apple.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
hellknight shared this :p
*d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5195630_700b.jpg

Hrishi

Apple Total Asset of Around 120 Billion USD vs Samsung's Total Asset of more than 600Billion USD.

Indirectly apple might suffer a little loss in one way ,
Apple should be ready for getting its parts froms somewhere else , cause Samsung will revenge by increasing the Price for internal equipments to Cope with losses.

I think someone already mentioned it as well.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
apple is the most profitable, otherwise no one would have cared about them enough
their manufacturing is even more streamlined than samsung
from 2010 to 2012 samsung had like 30+ phones, apple had 3 and all 3 of them had the same belly button, along with a handful of other devices that were not iphones
apple shares components across it's entire range, something that drives up their margins and a luxury that other manufacturers with a range of products cannot afford. not even samsung orders a component in as much bulk as apple. another reason they so good. some bits were the same since 2008 actually, but 2010 is the limit till which the devices are still in production, few others can claim the same.

motorola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom