Apple reveals new iPad Mini

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Umm so you suggest a ipad 4 over asus tf700?
I am tempted to get an ipad, but tell me ipad has a sad video ratio of 4:3, it can't play most video formats :(

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Umm so you suggest a ipad 4 over asus tf700?
I am tempted to get an ipad, but tell me ipad has a sad video ratio of 4:3, it can't play most video formats :(

There is also a news that google is planning to lauch a 10" nexus tablet with samsung.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
There is also a news that google is planning to lauch a 10" nexus tablet with samsung.

I know..that, but a 2*** x whatever, It near/more than ipad's retina, but droids most app's are still just for 720p or lower, and i read in xda ,youtube and here in the thread i made that apps look blurred in the 1080p tablet asus tf700 and they're also pixelated that's why i'm hesitant in getting the tf700

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
I know..that, but a 2*** x whatever, It near/more than ipad's retina, but droids most app's are still just for 720p or lower, and i read in xda ,youtube and here in the thread i made that apps look blurred in the 1080p tablet asus tf700 and they're also pixelated that's why i'm hesitant in getting the tf700

Do you have any idea of nexus 7 16GB official release in India?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Novemeber :)

well they already made a nexus india site :)
Galaxy Nexus

Where is the news of november launch? :shock: really!! I thought It will never launch in india like galaxy nexus. This was one of the main point i was praising ipad mini that much.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
There is only one ebay india seller who is selling 16GB model with his own warranty NEW ASUS GOOGLE NEXUS 7 TABLET ANDROID 4.1 PURE JELLY BEAN BLACK 16GB WIFI NFC | eBay

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Where is the news of november launch? :shock: really!! I thought It will never launch in india like galaxy nexus. This was one of the main point i was praising ipad mini that much.

bro do check out thinkdigit.com once in a while ;)

here's an artcile from tech2
*tech2.in.com/news/tablets/google-nexus-7-to-be-launched-in-india-in-november/444952

Combine all three threads and move it mobile's ;) before this thread get's more heated :D

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
bro do check out thinkdigit.com once in a while ;)

here's an artcile from tech2
Google Nexus 7 to be launched in India in November

Combine all three threads and move it mobile's ;) before this thread get's more heated :D

I think the base model would be priced around 20k and 3G 16GB model will be launched for around 30k.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ No ways the imported ASUS Google Nexus 7 Tablet (16GB, Wi-Fi, Android 4.1 Jellybean) | eBay 16gb itself is around 20k.
So i expect the offical version to be much cheaper

ajaymailed

In the zone
I would say great move by Apple to release iPad mini, at the end of the day it will create a massive range for customers to choose from, be it windows/android/iOS.

red dragon

Master troll
^^Disagree to agree,Apple did not need another tablet.
They are making things unnecessarily complicated.
The only 7 inch tablet,I ever used was the first Galaxy tab,and it was mostly of no use,browsing was no fun in it,any serious work was impossible.
Only good thing about it was the nice audio quality(it was awesome for a portable device,it could even drive the hd600 decently)

ajaymailed

In the zone
i am not using any tablet, but think there is quite significant market for 7 inch tablet too. When i got to use 10.1 inch Samsung Netbook , i felt it was much too smaller to work than the regular 14.1 inch laptop which i am used to.

I think in consumer electronics, companies have to push out to extremes, uncharted territories, things which make no sense at times. Let the consumers decide if its junk or an Innovation creating a revolution in the segment.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
It is possible to shove a 7 incher into trouser's/jacket's pocket(it looks weird though!)and that is possibly the only advantage over a 9/10 inch one.
The lower PPI of the mini is going to irritate a lot while browsing through text rich web pages(this was the biggest disadvantage of ipad2 over 3,but there are people who can not find any difference between them,for them even the mini will be fine,but trust me,when you use a tablet every day and read a lot on them,these things matter a lot)

Top Bottom