Apple reveals new iPad Mini

rider

as Kratos
*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/10/2012-10-231appleipadminiliveblog20124919jt-1351014741.jpg

Apple announces iPad Mini with a 7.9-inch, 1,024 x 768 display, A5 CPU and LTE
There it is, the long-telegraphed iPad mini has just been announced at Apple's late-2012 press conference. The 7.9-inch display device has the same 1,024 x 768 resolution as the iPad 2, which doesn't bode well for the elder slate's future. The new hardware is 7.2mm thick, .68 pounds heavy and has been manufactured with a new process with the same anodized edges as the iPhone 5. While Phil Schiller didn't mention the Nexus 7 or Google directly, he compared the new device against its rival in terms of its app library and screen size. He claimed that the .9-inch increase in diagonal space gives Apple's slate 35 percent more display area than Google and ASUS' collaboration.

If you were hoping for equal specifications to the current-generation iPad, you'll be mildly disappointed. The iPad Mini has Apple's A5 CPU, although it will run LTE and has a 5-megapixel camera. The lack of retina display may contribute to the reported 10-hours of battery life, despite its small size. For the base 16GB, WiFi only model, it'll set you back $329, while the 16GB, LTE version costs around $130 more per model.

Source: Engadget

billmaster

Broken In
Pricing is a little high @ 329 and it should have obviously gotten everything that iPad 3 has but thats not the case -- little disappointing but otherwise looks good!

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Base model will cost 20k in India. Price is reasonable as it is an iOS device.

Pricing is a little high @ 329 and it should have obviously gotten everything that iPad 3 has but thats not the case -- little disappointing but otherwise looks good!

It's an apple product, they never compromise with the quality and performance.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
:lol: the cost of product might hardly be 199$

what? keep laughing I am sure you never used iOS, right? :lol: Nexus 7 faced issues related to screen is anything happen to an apple product?
Don't go specs iOS 6 is much superior than any version of android practically. There is no sign of Nexus 7 release in India.

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
imac is stunning, awesome!!!!

Apple's best show in 2012 would be ipod touch (insane) and iMac

Don't go specs iOS 6 is much superior than any version of android practically. There is no sign of Nexus 7 release in India.

I used Galaxy Nexus with JB on it, it is smooth but I really like ios cause they tweaked/made perfect in certain areas.

BTW Nexus 7 coming in Diwali it seems, but new version's coming

EDIT:
*www.engadget.com/2012/10/23/nexus-7-8gb-not-available/
I did not see that coming :p

FYI

*www.engadget.com/2012/10/23/some-apple-stores-offering-exchanges-on-ipads/

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Wohah Mr Rider, Although no doubt Apple give a bit more attention to details but I hope you do remember about iPhone 4 Death Grip and iOS 6 Maps

yes I know! death grip was the only temporary issues faced in an apple product it was just an exception and ios maps has no issues. I am talking about durability and product elegancy of apple product. They are far more innovative than any other competitors. Apple creates and other always other brands follow to make similar.

The only good product in the whole keynote was Imac :), Ipad mini was a huge disappointment to me

Yea! new iMac looks superb and specs wise price is justified. What makes you disappointed about iPad Mini? They launched an affordable iOS device most affordable after iPod touch.

@amjath
imac is stunning, awesome!!!!

Apple's best show in 2012 would be ipod touch (insane) and iMac

I used Galaxy Nexus with JB on it, it is smooth but I really like ios cause they tweaked/made perfect in certain areas.

BTW Nexus 7 coming in Diwali it seems, but new version's coming

Android is far more complicated to use than any android for user of any age It lacks simplicity of iOS. And how much battery life you get in your galaxy nexus while browsing ? I guess not more than 3 hours whereas iPhone 4S gets 7 hours.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
@Rider First comeon?The price is not justified comeon...Even the biggest apple fan boys CNET are not happy with apple, all people are sad of the keynote yesterday, all polls said that they preffer nexus 7, even i do preffer it.
If ipad mini at least had 720p i would recomend it.
Google please taunt ipad in your event comming monday :D

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@Rider First comeon?The price is not justified comeon...Even the biggest apple fan boys CNET are not happy with apple, all people are sad of the keynote yesterday, all polls said that they preffer nexus 7, even i do preffer it.
If ipad mini at least had 720p i would recomend it.
Google please taunt ipad in your event comming monday :D

The price of new iPad would be around 20k in Indian market which I think is overpriced for sure but okay as it runs iOS for it half of the processor and RAM of nexus 7 is justified. Don't forget it has a 5MP camera too, 35% broader screen and 3G optional model which lacks in Nexus 7. Where would get nexus 7? google not even wants to sell in India yet, still not launched officially WTH!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Android is far more complicated to use than any android for user of any age It lacks simplicity of iOS. And how much battery life you get in your galaxy nexus while browsing ? I guess not more than 3 hours whereas iPhone 4S gets 7 hours.
Actually Android is much more simpler and easier to use than iOS. My father has an iPhone 4S. Still can't copy files to his Ubuntu machine.

If you think going to London from Delhi via a connecting flight to Tokyo is simplicity.. then lol. :) Battery life on iPhone 4S while browsing is also not 7 hours. Get it, use it and then comment.

The only good product in the whole keynote was Imac :), Ipad mini was a huge disappointment to me
Next year you'll see iPad mini with Retina display. lol.. that would be the one to buy. ;)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^it's the way you use it, dont ever copy files from my pc to idevice or vice versa... when I do still dont use the wire but the cloud in some way eg: just tweet photos from the phone and download them from PC
never tether my idevices to a pc, use them over wifi exclusively
so "user friendly" here cuts both ways, some people think iOS is more user friendly, and some people think droids are, but its really how the user wants to use the device

anyway, there is the same big bundle of misconceptions to wade through in every apple related thread
and beneath all the misconceptions is often just undisguised hate

amjath

Human Spambot

Simplicity of OS:

ios>>Android>>Windows 8 [especially on tablets]

Features:
android>>> ios [i'm not including windows cause i have not used it]
y am i defending android here one little example

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-t...offer-exchange-my-sgs2-my-dads-iphone-4s.html

I dont have G Nexus it was my friend's phone but anyways I agree about battery life.

Android is Spec and battery hungry but Samsung promised about battery life in its smartphone
Samsung promises full day of battery life for 2012 smartphones | Android and Me

and they did
*www.androidauthority.com/which-tes...allenge-heavily-beats-apples-iphone-5-122142/

android is getting better accept it, but I still like IOS and OSX

Top Bottom