Apple Pulled Up In Taiwan For Interefering In Pricing

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
haters gonna hate

Good job Taiwan's Fair Trade Commission. :D
Hoping India follows this too.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12996&d=1387310158

:rofl:

@Anorion: i dont have anything against apple, but honestly i dont know what they have inside their gadgets so that they price it so exorbitantly high. i mean, even the price of their "hi-end" hardware we cant get much more high end hardware by assembling from the market.

my point is apple product are not VFM.

much more swag maybe.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
:rofl:

@Anorion: i dont have anything against apple, but honestly i dont know what they have inside their gadgets so that they price it so exorbitantly high. i mean, even the price of their "hi-end" hardware we cant get much more high end hardware by assembling from the market.

my point is apple product are not VFM.

much more swag maybe.

:+1:

This is why there are people who hate Apple. The moment Apple stops making 250%-300% profit on its products, more people will start buying them.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Good job Taiwan's Fair Trade Commission. :D
Hoping India follows this too.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12996&d=1387310158

true... apple is making huge profit even more /just below than samsung with very less number of gadgets they have compared to samsung. it implies they are selling their gadgets at sky high prices what they actually cost and again cheating like this :banghead: :banghead:
Noooo. i wont forgive
Jago people jago
Jago people jago
Jago people jago

When mobile prices become comparable to two-wheelers, and people still purchase them, it's Hell on earth. I know students who are financially unstable but still keep demanding 4s from their parents because they want Apple. And they openly admit that they want it because it has an apple logo on it!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
fine. you have no love for apple. apple's contracts with taiwanese providers have nothing to do with how the device works. who even analyses or consider these things for any other oem.
then at least discuss the ecosystem you do love, why worry about apple at all. what is to be achieved by actively hating it
what makes android cheap is google ads, and apple has much reduced interest in pushing ads to your devices. can't escape it even with cyanogenmod, jailbreaking an ios devices gets rid of most so called limitations. think about that before calling everyone who uses an apple device isheep, fanboys, noobs, hipsters, technologically unwise, congress vote bank...

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
As long as there are iSheep and iShepherds,Nope.

+1, for this comment.
Their Technology and Hardware is doubtless classy and good,but their attitude in Marketing Strategies,its a shame for mankind as a whole.
Long live Android.

:+1:

This is why there are people who hate Apple. The moment Apple stops making 250%-300% profit on its products, more people will start buying them.
+1,also for this.

Last edited:

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I dont know if Apple sells products on contract basis here in India like they do in U.S.If they does then the whole hate based on price of apple will decline.$199 for Iphone 4 seems good to me.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Why would one hate a Tech company so much is beyond me. Ok so agreed you are only concerned with the Ghz your mobile processor and display has and not with the app market or software it has, there are few people like me who need seemless app performance and a wide choice.

Please before we jump the guns i keep two mobiles, An apple and Android HTC one and use both the platform.
Specs wise HTC is right there on top but The Easy App and near perfect app experience is just not there on the android market. The apps are there the useability is not.

If there is this difference whats the bashing only considering pricepoint on hardware basis. Some of us here would pay much more just for the apps that Ios has...and thank God for the choice.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Why would one hate a Tech company so much is beyond me. Ok so agreed you are only concerned with the Ghz your mobile processor and display has and not with the app market or software it has, there are few people like me who need seemless app performance and a wide choice.

Please before we jump the guns i keep two mobiles, An apple and Android HTC one and use both the platform.
Specs wise HTC is right there on top but The Easy App and near perfect app experience is just not there on the android market. The apps are there the useability is not.

If there is this difference whats the bashing only considering pricepoint on hardware basis. Some of us here would pay much more just for the apps that Ios has...and thank God for the choice.

Just tell me, how apple using 64 bit processor, even when the OS is not capable of utilising 2 GB of RAM fully, is not a marketing gimmick?

I didn't knew Apple provided wide choice of OSs on its devices :deadbored:

Ok, does iphone has a bluetooth file sharing app and drag-&-drop files ability without the need of syncing it with itunes ever.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I dont know this...I dont care.Marketing gimmick, or CPU or hardware. What i know is there is this app kids song machine which i use on ios and android both.
You try it too.
Even on Quad core Mobile with Dedicated graphics it shutters and almost is very very gittery. On very very old 3gs iphone it plays so buttery, so smooth.

Not only this...take most software on google play and iOS. The difference is there.

I want to so agree with you about the Value for money and Apple being shrewd tactics and all and how only how fanboy could love apple.
But try telling it to my daughter who calls it a night with ios apps and her day shuffling so effortlessly between iphone and ipad.

I wanted to tell her that the specs of my mobile and Android tabs blows the Apple out of water but in her world it hardly makes a difference....

For all the kids Toca Boca apps and n number of Apps out there made by Apple is what they want.What runs it is not there cup of tea. How it runs is all they care for.....

For that kid in my house,my Heart simply refuses to Hate Apple. :) Peace...!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I dont know this...I dont care.Marketing gimmick, or CPU or hardware. What i know is there is this app kids song machine which i use on ios and android both.
You try it too.
Even on Quad core Mobile with Dedicated graphics it shutters and almost is very very gittery. On very very old 3gs iphone it plays so buttery, so smooth.

Not only this...take most software on google play and iOS. The difference is there.

I want to so agree with you about the Value for money and Apple being shrewd tactics and all and how only how fanboy could love apple.
But try telling it to my daughter who calls it a night with ios apps and her day shuffling so effortlessly between iphone and ipad.

I wanted to tell her that the specs of my mobile and Android tabs blows the Apple out of water but in her world it hardly makes a difference....

For all the kids Toca Boca apps and n number of Apps out there made by Apple is what they want.What runs it is not there cup of tea. How it runs is all they care for.....

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12798&d=1385395337

I just checked, the free version of that app works fine on a two year old single core 832 MHz Galaxy Y with 512 MB ram (290 MB accessible) on rooted stock Gingerbread (2.3.6).

so either you mentioned the wrong app or you didn't actually use it on a standard Quad core device like Nexus 4.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
You try it too.

I tried it on my N4.. & it's even smooth than butter..

masterkd

Padawan
Hey guys please do not start the Apple-Android war again. No one will win and both Apple and Google will continue to be the same.

Its all with the company viewpoint. Google wants to create such a thing that you cannot live without. Apple wants to create premium product that will remain top of the chart. However Apple is failing on that part now a days because the products are either failing to stay on the top (e.g. iPad mini retina) or they are fooling non tech people with gimmicky thing (e.g. iPhone 5S). Apple gave us some marvelous products in the past. (Please accept it because that is the fact. IMO Apple lost its golden time with Steve Jobs). Regarding cost its true that Apple product does not deserve the price it comes with. Moreover Apple does not do anything to bring the cost down. Just compare the ad campaign for Nexus 5 and iPhone 5S and 5C. But we cannot help it anyway. So peace~

Top Bottom