Apple expensive? I don't think so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
woooow design of that dell laptop looks great. Compared to that the mac book's design is looking pathetic.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You are not really serious, are you! :eek:

I mean, I know these things are supposed to be subjective but calling the Dell laptop's design in the given picture superior to the MacBook Pro's design is... well, LOL! :lol:

mediator

Technomancer
May be according to u, but I find it amazing. Dell one got great flaunt value. U may not like that, but flaunt value in a hardware design shud be high according to me. :)

Neways who needs 17 inch screen man? Tomorow a 23 and then 45 inch screen may come on laptop, will u buy that? 15 inch is more than enough for me and a lotta users.

B

brutality9k

check this out

*www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m2010?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~section=specs#tabtop

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Here are a few (lot?) more screenshots:

A HUGE one:

*img151.imageshack.us/img151/733/macbookpro17pfopenprintpx1.th.jpg​

Others:
*img156.imageshack.us/img156/2894/indextop20061024hy6.th.jpg *img243.imageshack.us/img243/7139/indexfrontrow20061024bk4.th.png *img243.imageshack.us/img243/4640/macbookpro0220061024ain5.th.jpg *img156.imageshack.us/img156/1170/macbookpro0120061024mn2.th.jpg *img329.imageshack.us/img329/2834/macbookpro0420061024zc0.th.jpg *img329.imageshack.us/img329/1619/macbookpro0020061024cy9.th.jpg *img300.imageshack.us/img300/8591/inteltop20061024ov7.th.jpg *img88.imageshack.us/img88/9711/isighttop20061024qb5.th.jpg *img88.imageshack.us/img88/5527/designtopimagecenter200tt0.th.jpg *img81.imageshack.us/img81/542/designtopimageleft20061lv1.th.jpg *img81.imageshack.us/img81/4504/designtopimageright2006hu5.th.jpg *img243.imageshack.us/img243/8881/indexmagplug20061024yz7.th.png *img151.imageshack.us/img151/8780/wirelesstop20061024ro6.th.jpg *img151.imageshack.us/img151/5079/whatsinsidekeyboard2006zk8.jpg

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
mediator said:
Dell one got great flaunt value. U may not like that, but flaunt value in a hardware design shud be high according to me. :)
Uh? And Apple products haven't got greater flaunt value! That is right on top of the ridiculous comments list. You were the one, along with several other people such as gxsaurav, who were saying that Apple has just got loads of flaunt value and is priced very expensive just because of that. Now, when I proved that Apple products are not unreasonably priced, you say that it does not have flaunt value. How come flaunt value suddenly became so important for you anyway! Right through that 'Mac vs. Linux' discussion, you were saying that you could not care less about how cool the Mac Mini was or how sexy Apple's computers looked.
And even if you leave aside all that, you are actually saying here that Dell Inspiron M65 has more of a flaunt value when compared to Apple MacBook Pro. LOL! My MacBook Pro is such a people (and kids) magnet, that it has become a huge problem for me. If you had said the same thing about Dell's XPS series, I would have had no problem with the statement. But the Inspiron in that picture... :?

brutality9k said:
Well, yeah arya, everything white looks good, & everything black is bad
MacBooks come in black too and they look awesome!

brutality9k said:
apple is good thats it
Yeah, I know that. Thanks for reminding again though!

brutality9k said:
now go sing everywhere
That is pure desperation. What happened to all your tall claims! All you have been doing is posting such useless statements, which have no relation to the debate going on.

BTW, you sound awfully familiar to gxsaurav (but he is saner and does make some valid points sometimes), and you made an appearance here just after he was suspended for a week and made your first post in this topic supporting his viewpoint. Could you be gxsaurav himself with a different alias to get around the suspension? :?

K

krazyfrog

Someone please change the title of this thread. Its totally misleading! Change it something more fitting like 'Mac v/s Windows' or 'Aryayush v/s Rest of the forum' or something to that effect!:D

B

brutality9k

krazyfrog said:
'Mac v/s Windows' or 'Aryayush v/s Rest of the forum' or something to that effect!

It started as PC vs. Mac (hardware) Arya was pawned on the first page itself. But he deviated it to MacOS X & Windows, yet again; he was pawned cos MacOS X is limited to their own hardware which he finds a good thing

Then, when windows users gave him reason, he said, we are lying, said features don't exist, when we gave him prove he said "sorry, I didn't know" like he did in other threads too

Digitadmin said us to shut up, & use whatever we like.....well, for a while, Windows users went silent, & Arya provoked again, tell me, do u get paid by apple to post like this,

aryayush said:
when I proved that Apple products are not unreasonably priced, you say that it does not have flaunt value

Here is the thing, a similar configured PC Laptop, will cost 70k in manufacturing, just like a Apple Macbook, add to this the cost of the OS, development, profit & rest, & still what u get is a PC Laptop of no more than Rs 1.1 lakh (at maximum price), still he got pawned but since he cannot accept the fact that apple is defeated, he is fighting back for no reason. U didn't prove anything, U yourself said, it's nothing wrong with apple charging 10k for a sexy laptop, ,

aryayush said:
And even if you leave aside all that, you are actually saying here that Dell Inspiron M65 has more of a flaunt value when compared to Apple MacBook Pro. LOL! My MacBook Pro is such a people (and kids) magnet, that it has become a huge problem for me. If you had said the same thing about Dell's XPS series, I would have had no problem with the statement. But the Inspiron in that picture..

Ok, this is subjective, People are attracted to both, be it white or black, u like white, we like black, some people like smooth finish, some like rugged, some like professional looks

mediator said:
Neways who needs 17 inch screen man? Tomorow a 23 and then 45 inch screen may come on laptop, will u buy that? 15 inch is more than enough for me and a lotta users

Yeah u r right, even I would say that. A notebook is supposed to be small, 17" is too big, even 12" is better for a mobile use

aryayush said:
Video: Built-in iSight camera, DVI, VGA (DVI to VGA adapter included)

Built in camera are also an option in dell inspiron, but a intelligent buyer will not include this for Rs 2000 approx. extra, a cam which cannot move on its own, & needs the monitor to be moved along with it, webcams cost as low as Rs 600, but then again, u don’t even have an option not to chose it & reduce the cost unlike PC laptops. VGA adapters, well, ever seen a PC Laptop? They have them from 1997, even before that.

aryayush said:
Combined optical digital input/audio line in, combined optical digital output/headphone out, stereo speakers, microphone

U call this a superior feature , it's been on PC Laptops from ages. u seriously need to know something about laptops, apple don't even have option for 24bit audio in Mac/Macbook, & still u were saying apple users get the latest technology first

aryayush said:
Apple Remote; full-size, illuminated keyboard with ambient light sensor; scrolling trackpad

A keyboard is a keyboard, is a keyboard....well, since I guess just like those animation effects written above this also has a purpose superior to PC counterparts

aryayush said:
Could you be gxsaurav himself with a different alias to get around the suspension?

I don't need to be someone else to post what I think

prakash kerala said:
Macintosh Computers are definitely ahead of M$ Windows, I’ve watched for myself their demo.With UNIX based OS under the hood,How can you compare MAC with Windows!Compare it with other better OS's like Linux!.

Well, there was another thread running which was closed by the mods. Besides, this thread like I said above, started as a PC vs. Mac (hardware) thread, which he deviated to software

GeekyBoy said:
It is Core Duo. Core 2 Duo is for desktops

No, core 2 duo is also for Laptops now. It a mobile version of Core 2 duo.

K

krazyfrog

I think this thread be closed by now. There is no point in continuing further. This thread started out good and was very informative for quiet a few of us but ended up being messy with lots of mud-slinging and personal remarks and two good members actually being suspended. If this continues there's no telling how many more will get 'miserabled'.
There is no point in changing others point of view, no matter how beautiful you think your viewpoint is. If you can't beat them, either join them or forget about them!
Also it seems the only one supporting Mac side is Aryayush alone. While apparently the whole forum is supporting windows. Quiet an unfair fight this is!
So my suggestion to supporters of both side is to like what you use but have some respect for the other party. Windows users need not disgrace Mac and the same applies to Mac users.
So my requests to mods is to close this thread as soon as possible. It has served its purpose.

mediator

Technomancer
aryayush said:
Uh? And Apple products haven't got greater flaunt value! That is right on top of the ridiculous comments list. You were the one, along with several other people such as gxsaurav, who were saying that Apple has just got loads of flaunt value and is priced very expensive just because of that. Now, when I proved that Apple products are not unreasonably priced, you say that it does not have flaunt value. How come flaunt value suddenly became so important for you anyway! Right through that 'Mac vs. Linux' discussion, you were saying that you could not care less about how cool the Mac Mini was or how sexy Apple's computers looked.
And even if you leave aside all that, you are actually saying here that Dell Inspiron M65 has more of a flaunt value when compared to Apple MacBook Pro. LOL! My MacBook Pro is such a people (and kids) magnet, that it has become a huge problem for me. If you had said the same thing about Dell's XPS series, I would have had no problem with the statement. But the Inspiron in that picture...
@Arya.....Ur not only a fanboy but also very amusing. Please quote if I stated as highlighted (first part). As I said tons of times before that I know nothing about Mac OS and Apple products, but only echoed what u said. Proofs!

The Mac Vs Linux thread was not only enlightening but also dissapointed me of ur exaggeration about Mac. I'm lucky enough to be enlightened here about Mac's miserable UI, as u enlightened me about it thoroughly.

About ridiculosness, everyone here I see is only mocking u of ur misery that is generated only when u become a fanboy. Everyone here knows who is making ridiculous statements. As I stated tons of times that fanboyism mentally retards everyone and fails em to see light and think properly.

About unreasonable pricing, its OS I guess is unreasonably priced tooo. They not only charge u highly for its products,OS but also extract huge amount of money from u in MAC OS upgrade as u told in that Linux Vs MAc thread. So it seems ur proof is quite contradictory.

Also u posted nice specs of Mac, but who needs that specs anyways when u can't play hifi games like on windows?? U only said in that Mac vs Linux thread when I posted UI/eyecandy of Linux from various sources that most of the eyecandy serve no purpose. So why did u buy Mac with that hifi specs?? Just for ease?? Are u that rich or just foolish??

Do u even use these hifi features?? Its like buying a hifi cellphone and only using its MP3 player and camera and then going all the way blablabla about it.

Ok now about second highlighted part. Thats correct I care less about flaunt value, but if u read it correctly without ur fanboyism then u will see that I restricted it to Operating SYstem. I dont care if one OS has less UI and eye candy though I found later in same thread that Linux has greater eyecandy than Mac. I know u'll ridicule this statements as well or say funny/lol for it coz thats the only thing left for u to say. I was terribly dissapointed in desktop comparisons in that thread and found Mac much inferior to Linux in UI and eyecandy comparisons toooo. "Tooooo" means it(Mac) is closed source also. So I dont care in desktop part though Linux rulezz now in UI/eyecandy department. I was also very dissapointed that it(mac) doesn't have extra window managers. What a waste of money!!! Ur welcome to ridicule this as well. I suare I wont be surprised! :)
So what I said about flaunt value was restricted to OS, but I always liked flaunt value in hardwares. I hope u know the difference between an OS and a hardware atleast or only the things marked in bold act as an eye opener for u??

About the third highlighted part, r u telling that to urself and having a false feeling of happiness????

The first picture u posted of MAc book (3D pic) in ample lighting conditions was more than enough to show everyone how pathetic it is looking. I'm sure kids aren't that stupid to hug that pathetically designed piece. And then u posted (2D) pics in dark. U showed those latter inferior 2d pics in dark to prove ur word about flaunt value?? What a misery!!

And about Dell I have seen many models of em online and simply just luuuvv em. Dell got the style!!

Neways arya u may defeat Steve Balmer in his real skills. :)

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
brutality9k said:
It started as PC vs. Mac (hardware) Arya was pawned on the first page itself. But he deviated it to MacOS X & Windows, yet again; he was pawned cos MacOS X is limited to their own hardware which he finds a good thing
Yes, because I realised that a Mac is not just about the hardware or the software, it is about the integration of the two. I was never 'pawned' anywhere and I DID accept that upgadeability was a definite strong point of PCs. But since I am not the type who spends on upgrading his computer every year or so, I much prefer one that is superior to other computers and is reasonably future-proof. Plus, I am done with Windows crap.

brutality9k said:
Then, when windows users gave him reason, he said, we are lying, said features don't exist
That never ever happened. Please do quote if you feel the need to do so!
brutality9k said:
when we gave him prove he said "sorry, I didn't know" like he did in other threads too
That happened just once and I am proud of the fact that I am not narrow-minded like you and can accept it if I make a mistake.

brutality9k said:
Digitadmin said us to shut up, & use whatever we like.....well, for a while, Windows users went silent, & Arya provoked again, tell me, do u get paid by apple to post like this,
And do you get paid by Microsoft and Dell for defending them!

brutality9k said:
Here is the thing, a similar configured PC Laptop, will cost 70k in manufacturing, just like a Apple Macbook, add to this the cost of the OS, development, profit & rest, & still what u get is a PC Laptop of no more than Rs 1.1 lakh (at maximum price)
I have yet to see any proof of that. Aberforth put forward his points and I replied back with conclusive proof that the same configuration from Dell is actually a shade more expensive than Apple. Even I was surprised by that. I also posted a screenshot for doubting Thomases like you.
brutality9k said:
still he got pawned but since he cannot accept the fact that apple is defeated, he is fighting back for no reason. U didn't prove anything, U yourself said, it's nothing wrong with apple charging 10k for a sexy laptop, wow, gr8 thinking & wallet u got man, but not us, we use our mind when buying something & we do not talk of the white side
I said this:
aryayush said:
Yes, you may get a similarly configured laptop for maybe 120K, but it is completely justified that Apple charges 10K extra for making the sexiest and lightest laptop in its class with one of the brightest displays available in the market, a beautiful backlit keyboard, on-board sudden motion sensors, a much better operating system than Windows crap and a host of professional quality bundled software.
I did not say that it was OK to charge 10K extra just for better looks. Don't you realise that it is very easy to quote from past posts in a forum? Quit lying around, man. :mad:

brutality9k said:
Ok, this is subjective, People are attracted to both, be it white or black, u like white, we like black, some people like smooth finish, some like rugged, some like professional looks
It is not just about a better case. There is a fundamental difference between design and decor. No other company puts a magnetic connection on the power port so that the laptop does not fall to the ground when someone trips on the power cord (and it also makes plugging the cord a snap and prevents it from wearing out quickly), status indicators on the battery and magnetic latches to ensure that it is closed firmly and effortlessly. You'll realise the convenience of the light sensor and backlit keyboard when you use it in the dark. There is no rubber button (that anyone can easily press) for making the notebook sleep. There are no stickers on the notebook. So much of horsepower is packed into a 1-inch thin frame. Plus, it looks elegant and classy. It is perfect for both a business environment and for funkier purposes. Honestly, I cannot believe that you guys are questioning Apple's designing! digit (or it might have been PC World) described the XBOX 360's cool looks by saying that it looked like something designed by Apple.

brutality9k said:
Yeah u r right, even I would say that. A notebook is supposed to be small, 17" is too big, even 12" is better for a mobile use
Apple laptops come in 13-inch, 15-inch and 17-inch configurations. Suit yourselves. I wanted a 17-incher and I bought it.

brutality9k said:
Built in camera are also an option in dell inspiron
It is not. I posted a screenshot, just have a look at it before posting such ignorant posts, for God's sake!

brutality9k said:
U call this a superior feature , it's been on PC Laptops from ages. u seriously need to know something about laptops
Yes, it has been on PC laptops since ages and I never questioned that. But you cannot have a microphone on a Dell Inspiron M65. At least, it is not an option on Dell's website.

brutality9k said:
A keyboard is a keyboard
Of course, when you do not have the option of a backlit keyboard, this is the only thing you can say. :lol: Even if your mobile wouldn't have had a backlit keypad, you would have said, "a keypad is a keypad"! :lol:

brutality9k said:
Well, there was another thread running which was closed by the mods. Besides, this thread like I said above, started as a PC vs. Mac (hardware) thread, which he deviated to software
So, what is the problem with that. I wanted to discuss everything. You neither have points to defend in the software department nor the hardware one. You are just... I don't even know what you are trying to do. PCs have only two things going for them: a) The individual parts can be upgraded; and b) when you pop in a pirated version of Windows XP and other pirated software for security, CD/DVD burning, etc., it becomes a lot cheaper. But on a laptop, you even do not have those points to make, so all you can do is flame me meaninglessly.

brutality9k said:
Well, this is it for today, I have spent a lot of time on this thread, they tell me arya, u got a job or something, just curious, cos u post here all day, how much free time u got? Or is it that posting for Mac is your job, a part of viral marketing, cos I have seen macboys all over the net, they post the same thing. Even if not asked or welcomed, if there is a new thread for say, Windows aero & we are discussing, u guys jump in & say, Mac looks gr8 with Quartz, when we never asked your opinion, or if there is a news that there is a new fix or feature in Windows, u jump & say, it’s been on Mac for ages. Looks exactly like viral marketing
This is totally off-topic and does not contribute to the discussion in any way. You do not need to post when you don't have anything to say. You say that Mac users jump into threads, I don't see anyone inviting you to this thread either!
@Arya.....Ur not only a fanboy but also very amusing. Please quote if I stated as highlighted (first part). As I said tons of times before that I know nothing about Mac OS and Apple products, but only echoed what u said. Proofs!

The Mac Vs Linux thread was not only enlightening but also dissapointed me of ur exaggeration about Mac. I'm lucky enough to be enlightened here about Mac's miserable UI, as u enlightened me about it thoroughly.

About ridiculosness, everyone here I see is only mocking u of ur misery that is generated only when u become a fanboy. Everyone here knows who is making ridiculous statements. As I stated tons of times that fanboyism mentally retards everyone and fails em to see light and think properly.

About unreasonable pricing, its OS I guess is unreasonably priced tooo. They not only charge u highly for its products,OS but also extract huge amount of money from u in MAC OS upgrade as u told in that Linux Vs MAc thread. So it seems ur proof is quite contradictory.

Also u posted nice specs of Mac, but who needs that specs anyways when u can't play hifi games like on windows?? U only said in that Mac vs Linux thread when I posted UI/eyecandy of Linux from various sources that most of the eyecandy serve no purpose. So why did u buy Mac with that hifi specs?? Just for ease?? Are u that rich or just a fool??

Do u even use these hifi features?? Its like buying a hifi cellphone and only using its MP3 player and camera and then going all the way blablabla about it.

Ok now about second highlighted part. Thats correct I care less about flaunt value, but if u read it correctly without ur fanboyism then u will see that I restricted it to Operating SYstem. I dont care if one OS has less UI and eye candy though I found later in same thread that Linux has greater eyecandy than Mac. I know u'll ridicule this statements as well or say funny/lol for it coz thats the only thing left for u to say. I was terribly dissapointed in desktop comparisons in that thread and found Mac much inferior to Linux in UI and eyecandy comparisons toooo. "Tooooo" means it(Mac) is closed source also. So I dont care in desktop part though Linux rulezz now in UI/eyecandy department. I was also very dissapointed that it(mac) doesn't have extra window managers. What a waste of money!!! Ur welcome to ridicule this as well. I suare I wont be surprised! :)
So what I said about flaunt value was restricted to OS, but I always liked flaunt value in hardwares. I hope u know the difference between an OS and a hardware atleast or only the things marked in bold act as an eye opener for u??

About the third highlighted part, r u telling that to urself and having a false feeling of happiness????

The first picture u posted of MAc book (3D pic) in ample lighting conditions was more than enough to show everyone how pathetic it is looking. I'm sure kids aren't that stupid to hug that pathetically designed piece. And then u posted (2D) pics in dark. U showed those latter inferior 2d pics in dark to prove ur word about flaunt value?? What a misery!!

And about Dell I have seen many models of em online and simply just luuuvv em. Dell got the style!!

Neways arya u may defeat Steve Balmer in his real skills. :)
A totally opinionated and useless post. The whole post contains no facts, just your opinions which are derived from other people's opinions. What a waste of space!
You have never even seen a Mac in reality, leave aside using it and you suddenly know everthing about Macs from the opinions you have formed out of seeing the screenshots posted by me and mail2and. I said it does not have transparency but you could enable it if you wanted it and you start saying things like "oh, it does not have transparency, what a terrible UI. mah linux has transparency, it is very productive becuase I can see behind the windows I am supposed to be working on!" And you totally ignored the points that I made about Mac OS that linux did not have such as spring loaded folders and hot corners. After a few posts have passed and the topic is forgotten, you start saying that I has mislead you and told you something else about the UI and mail2and is saying something else - and therefore, the Mac UI is bad. The Mac UI seems bad to you because you are trying to understand it from forum posts.
If you were so keen to learn about it, as you have been insisting, you would have heeded my advice and actually gone out and tested it. But no, you have no such desire. You are just a linux fanboy and an extremely rigid person. You spent twenty posts arguing what the dictionary definition of end-users experience was, giving situation specific examples to support what was already a ridiculous comment.
To top that off, you say that you find the MacBook Pro's design 'pathetic'. I think you wore your glasses behind your head when you saw its picture. You are saying that an equisite and intelligently designed product from a company which has set unrivaled precedents in hardware and software design is 'pathetic'.

I posted so many screenshots later to help you out, not to prove that it had a superior design. I do not need to prove it. Two people saying that they find it's poorly design does not actually make it so, and I couldn't care less about your single-track opinions anyway.
BTW, do you know what 2D and 3D is? Those were actual photographs of the product and photographs can never be two dimensional. :lol: And there were plenty of photos in well-lit conditions too (specially the huge one).

You do not like Mac OS? OK, fine. Don't use it and stop discussing it. I bought a product and I found it to be much better than my PC and thought of discussing the pros and cons here. But I guess I should have listened to mail2and's advice. Not one person who spoke against the Macintosh is this thread has actually used it (except gxsaurav, who says he used it in the Mac OS 9 days - how fair is it to bring Windows 98's experience into today's discussion), but everone has formed opinions about it. Keep it up. Use your own opinion based on others' comments and never bother actually trying out a product before passing judgement on it. That's a good modus operandi - keeps you from discovering something good even by accident and thus helps avoid buyer's remorse!

If someone has something remotely intelligible to say, please do so but the purpose of this topic was not to flame people around so refrain from doing so. And mods might want to close this thread because people do not seem to want to discuss the pros and cons of both systems. We are only disussing non-existent cons of the Macintosh because the majority is against it. :mad:
A webcam is not meant to take the pictures of your son learning to walk or your pet performing a trick. It is supposed to show your live picture to the person you are chatting to, an activity which requires you to sit in front of the monitor - unless, of course, you type with your toes (and given your wierd posts, I wouldn't be srprised if that were indeed the case).
And anyway, you can always connect that 600 rupees webcam to a MacBook Pro if you want to record a video of yourself dancing to the tune of "I'm a Barbie girl"!

Plus, a bundled software 'Image Capture' allows you to connect any digital camera and use it as a webcam. So you can even have a 10-megapixel webcam and it can move around as much as the USB cable would allow it to - for whatever purpose you might need it.

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
aryayush said:
A totally opinionated and useless post. The whole post contains no facts, just your opinions which are derived from other people's opinions. What a waste of space!
Sure, everyone can see who is making useless and opinionated post. Ur not only unstabilising digit's mysql's database, but also wasting ur time showing how pathetic Mac is. I got enlightened enough and ur over exaggeration dissapointed me.

Yea I echoed earlier what u said and was not able to form opinion about Mac,but now I can make my own opinions. What a waste of money.

aryayush said:
You have never even seen a Mac in reality, leave aside using it and you suddenly know everthing about Macs from the opinions you have formed out of seeing the screenshots posted by me and mail2and. I said it does not have transparency but you could enable it if you wanted it and you start saying things like "oh, it does not have transparency, what a terrible UI. mah linux has transparency, it is very productive becuase I can see behind the windows I am supposed to be working on!" And you totally ignored the points that I made about Mac OS that linux did not have such as spring loaded folders and hot corners. After a few posts have passed and the topic is forgotten, you start saying that I has mislead you and told you something else about the UI and mail2and is saying something else - and therefore, the Mac UI is bad. The Mac UI seems bad to you because you are trying to understand it from forum posts.
If you were so keen to learn about it, as you have been insisting, you would have heeded my advice and actually gone out and tested it. But no, you have no such desire. You are just a linux fanboy and an extremely rigid person. You spent twenty posts arguing what the dictionary definition of end-users experience was, giving situation specific examples to support what was already a ridiculous comment.
I urged u to post the best screenshots that Mac can have, but then screenshots u posted were disspointing. Is it hard to accept??
As I stated before that I was acting as an observer to know more about Mac, if u can open 2 useless threads about Mac then u should convince others how good mac is, but the only thing u did is radiated how pathetic its UI and eye candy is and how foolish it is to buy expensive stuff that can't even play nice/hifi games and don't even have extra window managers etc. What a waste.
So if u can open 2 threads about Mac with such a confidence, then why not get enlightened from the forum itself?? Ur quite exaggerating but not convincing enough.

And about end-users I guess u still didn't read the books I refereed u or u wont be saying such miserable things again n again n again demoralising everyone to their lowest.

Also before calling me a Linux fanboy, lemme tell u I use windows, BSD, terminal UNIX toooooo and keep finding the ways which make computing efficient. Also I openly declare that at present Linux is inferior in gaming area as compared to windows. Now, that declaration is quite contradicting to the definition of fanboy. I hope u know atleast the definition of fanboy or else google is awating u! :)

aryayush said:
To top that off, you say that you find the MacBook Pro's design 'pathetic'. I think you wore your glasses behind your head when you saw its picture. You are saying that an equisite and intelligently designed product from a company which has set unrivaled precedents in hardware and software design is 'pathetic'.
Getting frenzied just becoz someone glimpsed at MacBook's design and marked it as pathetic? Dont u even know the meaning of flaunt and first impressions?? That MacBook made a terrible first impression on my mind, how can u even flaunt it?? :confused:

aryayush said:
I posted so many screenshots later to help you out, not to prove that it had a superior design. I do not need to prove it. Two people saying that they find it's poorly design does not actually make it so, and I couldn't care less about your single-track opinions anyway.
BTW, do you know what 2D and 3D is? Those were actual photographs of the product and photographs can never be two dimensional. And there were plenty of photos in well-lit conditions too (specially the huge one).
Telling an ED(Enginering Drawing) student the concepts of 2D and 3D?? :oops: How miserable can u get?

aryayush said:
You do not like Mac OS? OK, fine. Don't use it and stop discussing it. I bought a product and I found it to be much better than my PC and thought of discussing the pros and cons here. But I guess I should have listened to mail2and's advice. Not one person who spoke against the Macintosh is this thread has actually used it (except gxsaurav, who says he used it in the Mac OS 9 days - how fair is it to bring Windows 98's experience into today's discussion), but everone has formed opinions about it. Keep it up. Use your own opinion based on others' comments and never bother actually trying out a product before passing judgement on it. That's a good modus operandi - keeps you from discovering something good even by accident and thus helps avoid buyer's remorse!
Yea I'll never use such trash that has such a huge cost and cant even play games. Will u ask to use parallels here now?? Gimme a break! Thanx for enough Mac's enlightenments. I'm lucky not to be wasting my money on it.
And yes u shud listen to advices be it @andy's or @digitadmin's.

aryayush said:
If someone has something remotely intelligible to say, please do so but the purpose of this topic was not to flame people around so refrain from doing so. And mods might want to close this thread because people do not seem to want to discuss the pros and cons of both systems. We are only disussing non-existent cons of the Macintosh because the majority is against it.
Dude, How many cons will u take to change it from non-existent to existent?? :oops:

So I hope u listen to @andy's and @digitadmin's advice and stop giving Steve Balmer a run for his money and skills.

B

brutality9k

aryayush

Neither u gave a valid point why we should switch to Mac, nor do u have any relevent fact to give. U are yourself saying things which u refused in that past, now i m toooo lazy to go back & quote u again.

Yes, you may get a similarly configured laptop for maybe 120K, but it is completely justified that Apple charges 10K extra for making the sexiest and lightest laptop in its class with

did not say that it was OK to charge 10K extra just for better looks

then what else were u saying in these lines, go take english classes, u r not even accepting what u said before....first u said, it's justified that they charge 10k for looks, now u r saying u never said anything like that

Meditator, u r an ED student, Cool.........what do u study in it, autocad or Solid works or something else?

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
I'm seeing personal remarks again. Since I don't have the patience to read through your long rants, please read and edit your posts accordingly - this applies to all who have posted after my last warning.

You have until Thursday afternoon, after which the banning shall begin.

B

brutality9k

edited. is there anything else left other then just the tech part?

mediator

Technomancer
Sir Nimish , I have not seen anyone here flaming and making personal comments after ur last warning. I hope calling someone a "fanboy" is not counted in flames coz even @digitadmin or @raaabo used it for @andy in here itself.

@brutality.....yea I used to be an ED student in 11th and 12th. Yea its a very cool and amazing field that really sharpens ur thinking and visualization. Though in skools they dont teach u autocad or software tools that u might be thinking, but they make u do all the work on drawing sheets that are large enough to cover the whole computer table. But I have used autocad. Its a powerful tool with high system requirements.

The teaching of the tool part is in colleges when u take ME (Mechanical Engineering), B.Arch(architecture), designing etc. Architecture is a nice field, but doesn't have good opportunites in India. I got 22 rank in AIEEE examinations in architecture, but instead refused it simply becoz of same reason. If u take architecture u have to work very very hard if u want a good job or plan to work outside India. Atleast thats what I gathered from professional sources. :)

Aberforth

The Internationalist
aryayush said:
It is Intel Core 2 Duo, not Core Duo.

Aberforth, Dell (apart from Sony) was the worst company you could choose to compare with Apple. They have no better pricing. HP, perhaps, would come in a bit cheaper, but it would still not be a large difference.

If you want proof of the above specs, here's the screenshot from Dell's official website:
*img206.imageshack.us/img206/2218/picture2vz5.th.png

It is a shame that though there are so many supporters for PCs and laptops from other companies out here, no one is actually posting anything concrete with proof. Everyone is just posting their opinions around.
And you guys call us, Mac users, fanboys! :lol:

First point, it was Intel Core Duo, not Core 2 when I purchased my laptop.

Second, maybe I am wrong if what you say now are correct.

For those who think the choice of a PC notebook over Mac is mental.
I would add I liked the idea of MacBook (not pro) for a while. My girlfriend got a MacBook (white) from USA for 1100 dollars. It had a 14 inch screen, Mac OSX and Windows XP loaded, Intel Core Duo 1.86 GHz CPU, 512 MB RAM, Integrated Intel GMA graphics card. I installed MS Flight Simulator 2004 with dynamic scenery and highest settings in MacBook and the game did not perform well, the framerate lingered around 5 - 10 though it performed well at lower settings and the sound sucked. I checked HP Pavilion dv5118tx which had 1.6 GHz IntelCore Duo, 1GB RAM, nVidia GeForce Go with 256 MB video RAM and the framerate laingered at 25 - 35 with occastional bursts of 50 at the highest settings. Unfortunately I had no way to physically test or touch a Dell Latitude 620 (the reason I didn't buy it) but with a similar configuration as the HP I tested it cost Rs. 87000/- which I guessed was fair as performance would have been close but maybe a bit pricey. The MacBook my girlfriend had was not available in India but a close was available at 1.73 GHz for about Rs.96000/- which coupled with 512 MB of RAM, the design (I didn't like it at all) and no dedicated graphics is too pricey in my opinion. The MacBook Pros' were in the Rs. 130000/- band so I took them out of the league. By the time I settled for a notebook HP Pavilion dv5200tx with IntelCore Duo T2250 @ 1.73 GHz (rest same as above) came out so I settled for it for Rs.64000/-

Some would say I did not examine other 'finer points' but for me it didn't matter. What mattered for me is a good laptop I can work on and play my favourite games when I want without hassles or hardward issues. I didn't want video cam or 1234 other features which seemed better for they did not matter and I am not wearing a laptop as a jewellery to show off that I pay more for specs I don't need. I could get extra accessories like driving wheel, joystick, keyboards for far cheaper rates than Apple if I want, from Logitech which made my choice stronger.

Now coming to third point I would not be offended being called a fanboy if I were you. I would rather call myself a Windows fanboy as, as much as I hate Microsoft for its pricing of Windows, I will always use Windows for its game compatibility and wide choice of hardware. I do not mind the Mac users as they have their own reasons for their choice like I did have mine. Mac OS looks great, feels great, good for video and graphics editing perhaps, maybe the reason why my girlfriend chose it. I certainly did not start an argument or write articles commenting her 'bad taste' which I think it isn't, again considering her choice.

By the way if I really miss that cool aqua look I could always get Open Suse 10.1 which is as great as far as I've seen or a Fedora 6.0 (after they've ironed the innumerable bugs out). I wouldn't think my choice of OS would affect my sanity or happiness as I have much more things to concern about than cry over a machine. Making a mud slinging campaign over OS war is a sign of insanity in fact.

mediator said:
woooow design of that dell laptop looks great. Compared to that the mac book's design is looking pathetic.

Agreed. Happy at least one person here agrees. I really think Apple ought to give more choices in the design front, I hate MacBooks design and so do many of my friends. If I could physically check out Dell I would have purchased it, even for its higher price as the design is superb. So goes for Sony and Fijitsu (marred by their high price/performance ratio).

aryayush said:
You are not really serious, are you! :eek:

I mean, I know these things are supposed to be subjective but calling the Dell laptop's design in the given picture superior to the MacBook Pro's design is... well, LOL! :lol:

That is something I dislike. Hammering someone elses' opinion with yours is not a good idea. It seems if you had your way you would kill non-mac users for their choice.

aryayush said:
That never ever happened. Please do quote if you feel the need to do so!

What about the post I made before about Windows instantly recognising my hkeyboard, mouse and joysticks without wait time, you wouldn't agree.

aryayush said:
I cannot believe that you guys are questioning Apple's designing! digit (or it might have been PC World) described the XBOX 360's cool looks by saying that it looked like something designed by Apple.

Believe it or not, digit is not an authority on design. It is a person's choice again, what they like no use making fun of someone for this choice. XBox does look on the leagues of MacBook, iPod, etc. because of its whitish looks. I don't hate all of Apple's design, iPod Nano looks much better than other players around.

aryayush said:
PCs have only two things going for them: a) The individual parts can be upgraded; and b) when you pop in a pirated version of Windows XP and other pirated software for security, CD/DVD burning, etc., it becomes a lot cheaper. But on a laptop, you even do not have those points to make, so all you can do is flame me meaninglessly.

I prefer a full sized keyboard rather than a combo keyboard of Laptop so I have this choice to attach one when I'm home. I like normal handheld mouse rather than trackpad so I carry a small one. If i were to get these from Apple instead of Logitech they would have cost me a bomb. My Sony Ericsson PC Suite software installs only on Windows and so does my new favourite game, GTA San Andreas.

aryayush said:
BTW, do you know what 2D and 3D is? Those were actual photographs of the product and photographs can never be two dimensional. And there were plenty of photos in well-lit conditions too (specially the huge one).

Photographs can never be 3D, they are laways 2D. Only Holographs so far have 3D capability.

B

brutality9k

aryayush said:

I m gonna shoot KY (CEO of nvidia) if u again talk something about graphics :D:D:D:D

Lolz....yeah, i guess that clearly states weather u were taking part here, in your fanboyism or as a forum membar

No one has any idea, weather the images u showed are 3D Studio renders, or photographs, how do u know? did apple photographers told u that

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@Aberforth: I was waiting for your reply. It seems you are the only person here who speaks to the point and makes sensible posts. I've added a rep. :)

Why you bought your HP notebook is your concern and I respect that. And HP's notebooks are the cheapest when it comes to a comparison of price across all major brands. So, just comparing it to Apple and saying that it is very expensive does not make sense. Acer, Dell, Sony, etc. all are more expensive than HP.
Apple's prices keep falling and I showed with proof that Apple's hardware is almost equally priced with Dell. And as I mentioned, Sony's VAIO range is actually more expensive.

Mac users get offended on being called fanboys because whenever a Mac user posts their pro-Mac comments on any online discussion, all the PC users go crazy and start flaming them as fanboys. It's unnerving. But you are right. I myself did mention a couple of times that I could see no problem in being a fan of a platform I considered better.

And I do agree that there are better choices out there if you want a computer for gaming and a Mac is not the ideal choice, specially on a tight budget. So, even I wouldn't recommend it for the purpose.

Aberforth said:
That is something I dislike. Hammering someone elses' opinion with yours is not a good idea. It seems if you had your way you would kill non-mac users for their choice.
If the same comment had been posted by a person like you or tech_your_future, you would have seen a much better reply from me. The temperament varies from person-to-person. When the whole world is praising the design of Apple products, you come up here and say that it is 'pathetic' and do not expect to get a nasty reply? Maybe you, as a person who uses computers for doing his job and getting done with it, might not feel strongly about your possessions but I, a person totally devoted to anything to do with technology, do. That reply was meant for a person who defended the comparably tough installation precedure (specially the partition) of Linux by saying that it was not a part of the experience of the end-user and then frustrated the hell out of me explaining me the dictionary definitions of 'system administrator' and 'network manager' and whatnot! Since he is a guy who said rude things about my parents, I have no business showing any respect to him. The fact that I am refraining from flaming him personally reflects my tolerance levels, IMHO.

Aberforth said:
What about the post I made before about Windows instantly recognising my hkeyboard, mouse and joysticks without wait time, you wouldn't agree.
Because I have never experienced Windows recognising any USB device instantly. I even posted a screenshot to prove it to you. But because you insisted, I did say that maybe you were right. But how can I totally accept that it does not install drivers for hardware, when it does so for every piece of hardware I connect to it? And I have installed Windows many times and on various machines. Except for the mouse and keyboard that I connected to the PS/2 port, it has installed drivers for every piece of hardware. And I do not really have a problem with it as long as it does so automatically. I was just noting the difference between Mac and Windows as I have experienced it.

Aberforth said:
Believe it or not, digit is not an authority on design. It is a person's choice again, what they like no use making fun of someone for this choice. XBox does look on the leagues of MacBook, iPod, etc. because of its whitish looks. I don't hate all of Apple's design, iPod Nano looks much better than other players around.
Well, you have to set some sort of benchmark, so I cited an example that anyone can double-check. Chip, in its October, 2006 issue, had the cover story of good design and the Apple mouse was featured on the cover though the story has nothing to do with computers. And interior design magazine I read described the iMac as taking 'pride of place' in a house and adding 'significantly to the gleaming splendour'. Plus, I could point to website that are not Apple/Mac centric and still cannot get over the hardware design of the Macs, all of them.
Even if you do not like them, you simply cannot call them pathetic unless you are seriously handicapped. In real life, I have yet to come across a single person who has seen my notebook and not praised it. Sure, they have never heard of the company, but they just see it and assume that it is very expensive because of the classy design. Even on the digit forum, today is the first time a mentally capable person has expressed disapproval for an Apple's product's design, and that has been you. It's OK, not everyone likes everything. When I go out to buy clothes with someone, I like something and they are repulsed by it and vice-versa.

Aberforth said:
I prefer a full sized keyboard rather than a combo keyboard of Laptop so I have this choice to attach one when I'm home. I like normal handheld mouse rather than trackpad so I carry a small one. If i were to get these from Apple instead of Logitech they would have cost me a bomb.
So, you can always use your Logitech accessories with a MacBook too.

Aberforth said:
Photographs can never be 3D, they are laways 2D. Only Holographs so far have 3D capability.
The photographs themselves are not three dimensional (of course, they can never be), but the subject will always be three dimensional. If you capture a snapshot of a live, clearly defined solid subject, it is bound to have a height, breadth and length.
As I am seeing from here, the photographs clearly feature the notebook in a variety of positions and all of them reflect the three fundamental dimensions.

Thanks for a proper reply! :) It's nice to read some factual opinions for a change.

Neither u gave a valid point why we should switch to Mac, nor do u have any relevent fact to give. U are yourself saying things which u refused in that past, now i m toooo lazy to go back & quote u again.

Yes, you may get a similarly configured laptop for maybe 120K, but it is completely justified that Apple charges 10K extra for making the sexiest and lightest laptop in its class with one of the brightest displays available in the market, a beautiful backlit keyboard, on-board sudden motion sensors, a much better operating system than Windows crap and a host of professional quality bundled software.

did not say that it was OK to charge 10K extra just for better looks

then what else were u saying in these lines, go take english classes, u r not even accepting what u said before....first u said, it's justified that they charge 10k for looks, now u r saying u never said anything like that
Why did you eat the highlighted part! I said it was OK to charge 10K extra for:
a) Being the sexiest and lightest laptop in its class;
b) having one of the brightest displays in the market;
c) having a beautiful backlit keyboard;
d) having on board sudden motion sensors;
e) much better operating system than Windows crap and
f) host of professional quality bundled software.

You conveniently left out most of the sentence and quoted only the beginning to back your claim that I had suggested that it was quite OK to charge extra just for better looks. You are sick. I wouldn't have done something like that even when I was at my most desperate stage. :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom