Any good phone @ 11k

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
After a long time(nearly after 6 years) i am going to purchase a new phone for myself. Yesterday my brother bought C6 only for qwerty and it comes around 13390 Rs including insurance. Now i don't want that Symbion and need Android.

I zeroed at LG P500 but i need to know whether any android mobiles comes with qwerty at this budget? I can stretch it to another 1-2k but just if it worth it. Please suggest me options other than LG P500 at this price point.

I can spend upto 13k not more than that.

1. Budget?

budget 11k max... can extend 2k if it's really worth it

2. Display type and size?

any

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?

slider (for QWERTY)

4. Preferred choice of brand?

any

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).

qwerty + touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.

camera is not my main concern, A decent camera is enough

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.

3g must, if there is ,WiFi its good

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?

none

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?

gaming

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

thought of LG O1 P500

12. Any other info that you want to share

Please dont suggest any nokia phones...

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
There are no good physical QWERTY alternatives right not... There is one Samsung Galaxy 551, which has a bad screen resolution and poor battery.

So, LG Optimus One is the best choice at that price point right now...

But if you can extend your budget a little, I'd suggest Samsung Galaxy Ace. Its slightly better... can be found around 14k in local stores...

Cheers!

dsneih

da Mafia
Galexy Ace .. if you want 5 MP camera .. else LG O1 is also better ... u can save some bugs

no QWERTY keypad with ace ..

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ That's bad. Actually, is there any Android phone with QWERTY keypad @ sub 20k, just to know.

EDIT : What will be the price of Moto Cliq 2 in india?

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
@OP
Why qwerty....do u have any specific prob with software keypads of full touch devices or are you using a qwerty phone and want the same after switching...coz if not that then after some intial hiccups one get's used to it......

If you are hell bent on getting a QWERTY then you have only two decent options in Android:
1.Motorola Charm
2 SE Xperia mini Pro
details and pricing on the net...will not dwell further as both are not recommended as of now....Xperia is too old a model to consider.....still only option for the likes of qwerty.......hail blackberry here ;-)

Other option is to go for what android market is giving best right now i.e full touch devices.....if one is price conscious to go with the crowd is a better option...
I would recommend as you are a newbie to actually having an Android device...get a ZTE blade aka DELL XCD 35(15k if bought in india from dell) ....

Now there is a catch ....it is a great device as one can get it for <10k from UK(99 pond as u go offer)......many threads in various other forums are available regarding that...PM me if u can't find it.....

Great device and super value for money for what it costs.....AMOLED screen if stocks are there for <15k devices is unheard of ...let alone for <10k...
It is a no brainer deal and sweet on one;s pocket....

Only -ve is the camera performance but that is not ur major req ....also don;t expect a sub 10k phone to do what 25k phone's do....not much difference but yes people get carried away by new h/w specs and spend the extra cash...then justify their hyped requirements (deuchebags...oops pardon my language :p )

List of all qwerty android devices
HERE

p>S:also devs @XDA have already provided 2.2 upgrade....so no prob about that either

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
^^ LG O1 is the definite choice in your budget. Don't consider any other phones, they are not worth it.

LG GW620 is waaaaay outdated + resistive touchscreen sucks.

And if you want improvements in camera at the cost of battery life, look for Galaxy Ace.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ LG O1 is the definite choice in your budget. Don't consider any other phones, they are not worth it.

LG GW620 is waaaaay outdated + resistive touchscreen sucks.

And if you want improvements in camera at the cost of battery life, look for Galaxy Ace.

Not my interest. I will not use phone to take pics, i have digicams for that.

BTW Galaxy Ace is 15k? No way i can extend upto that, if not QWERTY.

My choice is :

1. LG O1 P500
2.????

Is there anything else?

pauldmps

Banned
^^

1. LG O1
2. Galaxy 551 (qwerty)

And remember that the LG O1 is getting Android 2.3 "Gingerbread" update soon which none of the other phones in this price-range would.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Galaxy 551 is 667MHz, whereas P500 is 600MHz proccy. And 551 have QWERTY keypad but P500 doesn't have. Then why everyone suggesting LG O1 P500? Any reason guys? And finally both running Froyo.

Galaxy 551 is 667MHz, whereas P500 is 600MHz proccy. And 551 have QWERTY keypad but P500 doesn't have. Then why everyone suggesting LG O1 P500? Any reason guys? And finally both running Froyo.
PHP:
Galaxy 551                                  Optimus one
240 x 400 pixels, 3.2 inches 	      320 x 480pixels, 3.2 inches
160 MB 	                                170 MB user available, 512 MB RAM
667 MHz processor 	                600 MHz ARM 11 processor, 
                                      Adreno 200 GPU, Qualcomm MSM7227 

Standard battery, Li-Ion 1200 mAh 	Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh

Also, Optimus one gingerbread update will be available in may end. For galaxy series ?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
PHP:
Galaxy 551                                  Optimus one
240 x 400 pixels, 3.2 inches 	      320 x 480pixels, 3.2 inches
160 MB 	                                170 MB user available, 512 MB RAM
667 MHz processor 	                600 MHz ARM 11 processor, 
                                      Adreno 200 GPU, Qualcomm MSM7227 

Standard battery, Li-Ion 1200 mAh 	Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh

Also, Optimus one gingerbread update will be available in may end. For galaxy series ?

That's some good clarification. Thanks for the info btw.

Even i am also keen on P500, but the issue is i am not comfortable with touchscreen keys. Even in my friends iPhone i used to struggle a lot to type a sentence. That is the main reason i expected a QWERTY+Android combo.

That's some good clarification. Thanks for the info btw.

Even i am also keen on P500, but the issue is i am not comfortable with touchscreen keys. Even in my friends iPhone i used to struggle a lot to type a sentence. That is the main reason i expected a QWERTY+Android combo.

Well then you have to sacrifice for the screen resolution, less battery, less number of application support, no future updates to be confirmed. Go get Galaxy 551.

PS: If you used to struggle with iPhone touchscreen, then there is no touch phone that can change your mind :grin:. I love typing with my iPod 4g rather thn Optimus one.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Well then you have to sacrifice for the screen resolution, less battery, less number of application support, no future updates to be confirmed. Go get Galaxy 551.

PS: If you used to struggle with iPhone touchscreen, then there is no touch phone that can change your mind :grin:. I love typing with my iPod 4g rather thn Optimus one.

No i can't for Samsung 551 just because it does have QWERTY. I am doing a bit of research and will get QWERTY if available within 13k, (don't suggest X10). If i have to live with it, i'm ok with that and will get used to it. :lol:

have you ever used swype?

Also galaxy 551 uses their inhouse soc. Slower in gaming.

WTF!!! Slow in gaming, then no way that i'll get that shi1t. Thanks for pointing out. I even have a flash of thought to go for that, now it completely changes my decision to stick with P500.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
You made a nice decision of going with QWERTY. I use soft keyboard now and my texting is so error-prone and slow.
Now I realize how useful QWERTY keyboard is!!!

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Not exactly. If i find any decent Android+QWERTY @13k i'll buy it. Otherwise will try to get used to swype. :D Not that QWERTY is my main concern but i don't want to have too many errors while typing a simple message.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
Galaxy 551..uhh and O1 are the main devices hyped about ......
Guess nobody here minds using LG's crappy UI........i have used O1 personally and except for android 2.2/price the device has nothing to offer....

@OP
was talking to get a ZTE blade which is known as XCD 35 in india.....
Get the original Blade from orange and not XCD as it is costly here...

Specs wise both are same but sans LG's UI which is why it is buyable.....plus one gets an AMOLED display and better resolution.......but -ve is that there are some problems also.....
Compare here

p>S:"The ZTE Blade is not a bang for your buck…it’s a nuclear explosion for your buck."

Top Bottom