Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I used to use Quickheal few years back..The best thing about it was that it looked cute & friendly...thats it. :p

I used the Avira Premium Version, wonderful AV, but for some reason, its detection rate was not that good ( maybe its better now )..

I just use the MSE now..seems ok so far..what do u think guys ? is MSE good enough to be at the best AV ?? :)

Its far from being a good AV.. leave alone being the best.

BD and N360 are good now.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Today, I used avira for the first time, and I must say its pretty good and much much better than avast in terms of protection.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
bitdefender free is also very good.it is partially cloud based but even on bsnl 2mbps limited plan(1.5gb/month) it does not consume much bandwidth.system impact is almost nil & its main drawback aka nagging ads are not applicable for indian users(it seems annoying ads are only for US & European users :) ).

ratul

█████████████████
Sorry may be off topic.
Please someone tell me how to protect any UBS pen drive from getting infected.

There aren't many solutions right now, either you can encrypt using Truecrypt, or can use this (don't know if it's available here or not): *www.tech-titan.com/en/consumer/t-drive/t-drive-pro-detail#.UfuFXW13WX8

I use a combo of free and paid.

Microsoft Security Essentials.

Advanced System Care with Iobit malware fighter. Both paid.

Smooth sailing for past two years.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Thanks!
I will try Truecrypt.
Truecrypt free or paid ?
And how to use it for USB drive ?

Its opensource. Everything is written here: TrueCrypt - Introduction

I use a combo of free and paid.

Microsoft Security Essentials.

Advanced System Care with Iobit malware fighter. Both paid.

Smooth sailing for past two years.

That's some heavy load on the system. Surprising that its smooth for you.

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Ive got a 6months key for kaspersky IS 2014 . will KIS on i3 laptops slow down the pc ?
Avcomparitives gave kis a whooping A+ in performance beating others ... :confused:
I dont have idea of installing that in ma desktop cause i have comodo IS ,the free version.

BhargavJ

In the zone
I'm using Kaspersky antivirus with Comodo firewall on a Toshiba i3 laptop. There are no issues. But Bitdefender had slowed the boot time.

andy_65_in

Padawan
i m using kaspersky antiviris internet security 2013 on my win 8 laptop.abt 2 days back i had a win 32 type virus attack which had 2 b neutralized which led to rebooting- for sometime i lost the power setting function ie the function which activates shutdown/restrart as also the internet acess function which was only restored after the successful reboot.i now someimes see a little slowing down of the compuetr-what should i do now-the AV is functioning and updating normalyy

i m using kaspersky antiviris internet security 2013 on my win 8 laptop.abt 2 days back i had a win 32 type virus attack which had 2 b neutralized which led to rebooting- for sometime i lost the power setting function ie the function which activates shutdown/restrart as also the internet acess function which was only restored after the successful reboot.i now someimes see a little slowing down of the compuetr-what should i do now-the AV is functioning and updating normalyy

Go into safe mode adn scan your system using Malwarebytes anti malware. then after it has cleaned all malwares boot normally and run Norton Power Eraser.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

download avira boot disk and scan for viruses

andy_65_in

Padawan
will downloading avira boot disk and using the same concurrently create problems with karpersky-the sysytem incidentally is working fine now

Top Bottom