Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
have holidays so I am confused b/w which anime to start and complete fully:
1.naruto(watched couple of episodes when cn india used to air it during 2009 or so have good memories then then they banned it)
2.one piece (watched couple of episodes)
3.fairy tail(watched few episodes on animax)

Obviously One Piece. Naruto and Fairy Fail aren't worth wasting time on.

Piyush

Lanaya
have holidays so I am confused b/w which anime to start and complete fully:
1.naruto(watched couple of episodes when cn india used to air it during 2009 or so have good memories then then they banned it)
2.one piece (watched couple of episodes)
3.fairy tail(watched few episodes on animax)

One piece all the way. Watch it in sub. Watch at least 80-90 episodes to get an idea.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
lol Naruto was banned in india because it was portrayed as "too violent" for kids..
Typical Indian bullshit lol we better watch chotta bheem and bal ganesh instead, those are so amazing and rich in entertainment

All the indian made cartoons, arent made by people that enjoy cartoons/anime themselves

- - - Updated - - -

anyway pkkumarcool, watch Fullmetal ALchemist Brotherhood, it has 64 episodes only and I am sure you will love it, its rank 1 in MAL and a couple of mainstream anime sites..
very mature and deep, with an excellent soundtrack and conclusive ending

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
lol Naruto was banned in india because it was portrayed as "too violent" for kids..
Typical Indian bullshit lol we better watch chotta bheem and bal ganesh instead, those are so amazing and rich in entertainment

All the indian made cartoons, arent made by people that enjoy cartoons/anime themselves

- - - Updated - - -

anyway pkkumarcool, watch Fullmetal ALchemist Brotherhood, it has 64 episodes only and I am sure you will love it, its rank 1 in MAL and a couple of mainstream anime sites..

Shonen are for teenagers and above. Kids are below 13. Nobody obviously takes parental ratings under consideration for animated series in India. Shin Chan is rated for teens aged 14+ yet everybody assumes it to be for 2-3 year olds.

You might as well flash a warning before the show starts, heck you can even announce it publicly but Indian people will still be ignorant about it.

Edit:

Talking about rankings, Gintama holds 5 of them in MAL top 10 :lol: just because noobs/haters keep rating it low. Gintama° had 9.8 score even before it started. ;)

I'd recommend Gintama over One Piece but both are great.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Shonen are for teenagers and above. Kids are below 13. Nobody obviously takes parental ratings under consideration for animated series in India. Shin Chan is rated for teens aged 14+ yet everybody assumes it to be for 2-3 year olds.

You might as well flash a warning before the show starts, heck you can even announce it publicly but Indian people will still be ignorant about it.

The t hing is, most indian adults consider cartoons AND anime to be something a kid should watch, they will likely categorize Naruto or anything animated as a kid's show..
I hate generalizing a population but this is so true, i really hate it

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I downloaded Manga Rock in android and also downloaded One Piece first 10 chapters. :-D
as per Manga statistics One Piece is ranked 5 and Bleach 3
Naruto is #1
and what is Naruto Gaiden ?? is it shippuden ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I downloaded Manga Rock in android and also downloaded One Piece first 10 chapters. :-D
as per Manga statistics One Piece is ranked 5 and Bleach 3
Naruto is #1
and what is Naruto Gaiden ?? is it shippuden ?

While in reality, Naruto is not worthy of being mentioned along side One Piece.

Gaiden is Kishimoto's attempt to rip people off (again) post completion of Naruto.

kisame

King of Heroes
+1 for FMA.You won't find an anime with such a good plot by villains.And an equally good counter-measure.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
thanks for suggestions really but why i should watch one piece over others any particular reason for that? also i am considering FMA too but i guess there are two series FMA and FMA brotherhood do i need to watch FMA then watch brotherhood?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
FMA brotherhood completely follows the manga so it is recommended over FMA which was made earlier & whose story deviates from the manga.one piece is considered better but it is still ongoing while naruto has ended(at least manga) so you won't be able to complete them.in that sense FMA Brotherhood is a better option.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
FMA has a mature and darker storyline but its ending was pretty bad, think of it as mass effect 3 ending..
FMA B had a much broader out look and it's ending was conclusive and satisfying.. only thing i disliked in FMA B is that lust's character was completely deteriorated..
Both have very good soundtracks, but i personally like FMA soundtrack more (Search FMA bratja OST on youtube to know why)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it doesn't matter to me whether story has been improved or not if it does not follow faithfully the source material(manga in this case).FMA indeed has more mature & darker storyline but because it deviated from original story i don't recommend it over FMA Brotherhood.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
No, FMA and FMA B have the same storyline upto episode 15ish but they diverge pretty much afterwards..
Just watch FMA B and if you really liked it, watch FMA from episode 15

- - - Updated - - -

it doesn't matter to me whether story has been improved or not if it does not follow faithfully the source material(manga in this case).FMA indeed has more mature & darker storyline but because it deviated from original story i don't recommend it over FMA Brotherhood.

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=-h_H4g2Px-g[/YOUTUBE]

dislike this and whitestar_999 = homonculus confirmed, :p

Zangetsu

I read 1st chapter of One Piece Manga and also watched 1st episode of its Anime..
why they have jumbled up the chapters in episodes ?? why they don't follow the manga sequence ?
are all Animes use the same culture ?

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
I read 1st chapter of One Piece Manga and also watched 1st episode of its Anime..
why they have jumbled up the chapters in episodes ?? why they don't follow the manga sequence ?
are all Animes use the same culture ?
Dunno about one piece but Naruto and also FMA B follow manga sequence although sometimes they remove some little parts or they add some parts

Zangetsu

Dunno about one piece but Naruto and also FMA B follow manga sequence although sometimes they remove some little parts or they add some parts
It breaks the interest..I know many people who read manga and also follow the Anime version.
I was surprised to see One Piece Chapter 1 = Episode 4 :-x

Top Bottom