Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Zankyou no Terror - 8/10
Art was cool, animation is excellent(is it CGI?). Colors are vibrant and vivid. Characters are good, and your cliche characters that we expect from Psychological Thriller. Story is meh, but the screenplay was good. I can't say it exceeded my expectations. It is just another good thriller anime IMO.

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou - 8/10
It started off as something hilarious and becomes pretty repulsive, repetitive and monotonous. The high school girls are seriously a sore point of this anime IMO except a few times. Only good thing was Hidenori and Tadakuni, and it is episodic. There are laughs throughout the episode, but now ROFLMAO kinda laugh. Still I enjoyed whatever laugh it gave me.

Not sure, what to watch next. GTO was already dropped. Planning to resume Tokyo Maijin 2. Let's see!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Finished watching Your Lie In April

Art is pretty good, so is the music. First thing I did was to get hold of the soundtrack. I feel that Animes relie much on piano score. It's a cultural thing to learn piano ? And I happen to like the duo of piano and Violin.

Story plunges down into all cliches you can imagine, and yet, before reaching the bottom it soars above and defies your usual line of thought. Cliched but not actually cliched kind of anime.

The direction and writing is so much good that you can draw inspiration from it for your own project.

Each episode has an arc of happy, sad, and again happy moment. I didn't like the repetition of scenes though. It gets boring after a while, especially midway.

Giving it a 9/10. Is it better than Toradora ? I guess not. May be I need to watch Toradora again to see.

Adding more, the story stays with you. Especially the last episode. Something is very memorable about the unfolding of story in last episode.

A

amit.tiger12

*s8.postimg.org/fgr1v0jkk/02_06_2015_103_1be432ef387ac83ebf2daf00bd7cc440.jpg

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Started White Album 2. Damn, the first episode itself is so interesting. It's a lot more mature though compared to "Your Lie In April". Another anime where music shapes up the character development. How do I handle these many feels and cool music...haha.

Not watching White Album 1 as it's not recommended.

Piyush

Lanaya
Started White Album 2. Damn, the first episode itself is so interesting. It's a lot more mature though compared to "Your Lie In April". Another anime where music shapes up the character development. How do I handle these many feels and cool music...haha.

Not watching White Album 1 as it's not recommended.

White Album series is also in my "plan to watch" category, but I forgot to go through it. But if I skip WA1, what about story link?

- - - Updated - - -

Started watching Welcome to NHK. It is quite interesting and different! Life of Otaku!!

Its a great anime. Many people find so much common in this one especially if they are living away from home for job / while searching for job.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
White Album series is also in my "plan to watch" category, but I forgot to go through it. But if I skip WA1, what about story link?

There is no link between 2 seasons. 1st season got 6.8 rating. And nobody recommend it at all.

Second season is rated highly at 8.06.

Piyush

Lanaya
One Piece # 789 released.
For those who are unsure what happened in the last page
Law used Room and switched Viola with Luffy
No chapter next week coz of "break" ... Damn you Oda Sensei
Next release on 18/6/2015

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Started Nodame Cantabile, it's lovely complex funny but with modest restraint. Funny music themed series. Solid gold.
*i.imgur.com/qfXvKse.jpg

snap

Lurker
Completed reading 'Sanctuary' and 'Akumetsu'. Sanctuary is a bit old but a great political thriller manga.

Top Bottom