All new TDF - New features and theme suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I am missing this feature from ages, and now seriously want this to be implemented.

When anybody clicks an unread thread via usercp, if you click on thread title, it just takes to the first page; if you click on the last post icon, it takes you to the last/latest post of that thread.

What I want, that it should take you to the post from where it's actually "unread".

And it can be simply implemented by binding thread title link to this >

ex - target thread -> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/101180-offtopic-thread.html

How it should be ?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/101180-offtopic-thread-new-post.html

That should take you exactly to the post, from where you left it, and rest of the posts are unread.

This can be applied to thread coming in "new posts" also.

Just adding a couple of words, and bingo!

Looking forward to it's soon implementation. :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Fixed. Reduced to three.

Better use Google anyway. Much quicker.

Search in TDF is really a problem. Like when I was trying to looking for information on Consoles before my PS3 purchase. PS3 didn't worked for the same reason. I tried to modify it to Play Station 3 still didn't work, though I understand it has been modified now.

But still, it's too hard to search for a thread or post in TDF. Searching for a specific thread with keywords in thread title returns many irrelevant results sometimes it doesn't return what I'm trying to search for.

snap

Lurker
imo the online shopping section should be a bit lower like near the marketplace section.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
TDF layout got changed!!!

okay.. so the online shopping is the new "section"

TDF is primarily a tech discussion forum, so IMO, the presense of a Shopping section above the tech sections is not right.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
The front shopping sites list is making home page ugly. It should be under shopping feedback sub-section.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yeah right. Also I think we can introduce Storage sub forum under Hardware. Nowadays everything goes to Hardware QnA

Gollum

Collector
I hate tdf on mobile
you get two add colums on the side and they do not go away
even if you zoom in or out they remain - webkit browser which comes with android default

ALso the TDF server resizes of the photo posted, instead of having the option of adding the option of clicking on the photo to increase the size. I'm talking about the photos not uploaded on the tdf server.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
IMO, Online Shopping should be between Bazaar and Bandwidth Wastage.

mitraark

Decrepit
Even if Online Shopping is made a separate section, Flipkart, Snadeal etc should be Sub Forums and not separate forums

gameranand

Living to Play
1. Place of Online Shopping Section is kinda awkward at the top of everything.
2. I agree with mitraark that particular sites should not have separate sections. Separate threads are good enough.
3. If there is already a Online Shopping section then whats the purpose of separate sub section for shopping in Internet section.

snap

Lurker
imo make the whole new online shopping section a sub section of shopping.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I made the popular sites as sub forums so that they'd be easily searchable, and just by looking at the threads you would get an idea of how many positive and negative feedback comments that site was getting. Also it gives the sites, if they want it, the option to come here and reply to the OP and solve a query in case it's negative feedback. I'm happy to change it based on popular opinion of the forum members. So suggest options and once were at a consensus I will make the necessary changes.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^ Raaabo - Please have a look at this.

I am missing this feature from ages, and now seriously want this to be implemented.

When anybody clicks an unread thread via usercp, if you click on thread title, it just takes to the first page; if you click on the last post icon, it takes you to the last/latest post of that thread.

What I want, that it should take you to the post from where it's actually "unread".

And it can be simply implemented by binding thread title link to this >

ex - target thread -> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/101180-offtopic-thread.html

How it should be ?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/101180-offtopic-thread-new-post.html

That should take you exactly to the post, from where you left it, and rest of the posts are unread.

This can be applied to thread coming in "new posts" also.

Just adding a couple of words, and bingo!

Looking forward to it's soon implementation. :)

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Ok, will try that after I upgrade the forum. I think a plugin should be able to do that, because it will be different links for logged in users and different for unregistered. Will check to see how much overhead it will add to the system load and get back to you.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
nice to see Raaabo actually coming in to interact with the members

:)

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
To be completely honest, when I get some time :)

Yeah I've been too busy to come on here in the past few years, which I plan to remedy. My apologies for disappearing on you guys.

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
^ why not conduct a survey for digit magazine? It may include questions on mag's design, content, format.

^ why not conduct a survey for digit magazine? It may include questions on mag's design, content, format.

Status
Not open for further replies.