All laptop related queries here!!!

rider

as Kratos
hi
i have spent near around searching a good gaming laptop near around 50-55 k for 1 month and finalized hp dv6 6121tx but hp discountunied it when i am just to buy it :-?
plz help me selecting a laptop with nearly same confug. as in dv6 6121tx
config of dv6 6121tx is
Model No - HP Pavilion dv6-6121TX

Operating System - Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Microprocessor - 2 GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM

Microprocessor Cache - 6 MB L3 cache

Memory - 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Memory Max - Upgradeable to 16 GB DDR3

Video Graphics - AMD Radeon HD 6770M (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

Display - 15.6" High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display (1366 x 768)

Hard Drive - 640 GB SATA (5400 rpm)

6121tx is very old model started to come 8-10 months ago. It was replaced by 6165tx in the end of november with a 10% better processor and 750 GB HDD.
Now days that has been also been discontinued. Now hp india is not providing a good gaming laptop in that price range. But some shops still have old stock of 6165tx like in saholic.com
You can buy new inspiron 15R special edition that is new in the market with better gaming performance and battery backup.

aroraanant

Explorer
Currently Dell is only offering laptops with IVB processors, though there are few models in HP and Asus but they are not worth.
So if you wanna buy a laptop right now then get dell inspiron or wait to get some other good options

far

Keep Going!
Dell Inspiron looks good.. :) . Hopefully new laptops with 3rd gen processors comes in quickly.. Looking for a laptop(3rd gen proc) 35~40 k.

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
I've seen a lot of places that the hd 6770 in the HP dv6 is much better then the GT-555 in the Lenovo Y570.....

But on notebook check the 555 give a better performance then 6770, per individual games...yet overall the 6770 is placed higher then the 555????

Please someone clarify this for me..

rider

as Kratos
I've seen a lot of places that the hd 6770 in the HP dv6 is much better then the GT-555 in the Lenovo Y570.....

But on notebook check the 555 give a better performance then 6770, per individual games...yet overall the 6770 is placed higher then the 555????

6770M is better in performance than GT 555M. I checked notebookcheck where 6770M is higher in class than GT 555M. In gaming performance both are in tie condition. I'm comparing with alienware M14x GT 555M.
But the lenovo model that you mentioned comes with this is under-clocked version of GT 555M so much much less in performance than hp's 6770M.

BTW Are you purchasing a laptop for gaming?

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

6770M is better in performance than GT 555M. I checked notebookcheck where 6770M is higher in class than GT 555M. In gaming performance both are in tie condition. I'm comparing with alienware M14x GT 555M.
But the lenovo model that you mentioned comes with this is under-clocked version of GT 555M so much much less in performance than hp's 6770M.

Nothing like that the 555M in Y570 contains lower clocked 555M, just that it has lowest variant of 555M, technically with much lower shader count which directly affects performance, giving performance level of ~540M or even low. (not more)

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
You could say gaming with the whole package(i.e. entertainment)

I'm still volleying between a desktop or laptop...i just saw the DELL 15R special edition which has the gt640.....
plus i want a system which will last at least 2 yrs even if on medium settings (I definitely want it to play GTA 5)

It is better then both the 6770 and 555, isn't it???

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

I'm still volleying between a desktop or laptop...i just saw the DELL 15R special edition which has the gt640.....
plus i want a system which will last at least 2 yrs even if on medium settings (I definitely want it to play GTA 5)

Though 640M will be able to let you play those games at least at medium settings, but if your sole purpose is gaming, opt for a desktop. Laptop can't replace it. And you will be able to game at max with much cash saved.

rider

as Kratos

In case of lenovo's GT 555M = A big NO!
And dell inspiron 15R special edition is not with GT 640M, it is with HD 7730M which best among all of 15" laptops, it ties with GT 640M of inspiron 14R special edition.
You can play GTA V with low or medium setting with these dell laptops, though requirements are not came out yet.

far

Keep Going!
Guys... now I have changed my budget for laptop from 45k to 30 ~ 35k due to the purchase of my new phone :p ...

I'm not going to game on the laptop... just use it for browsing,occasional videos/movie watching... and programming (java, .NET , SQL... etc)..

Please suggest me any suitable models... If I can get a 3rd gen will be more than happy..

I dont mind the screen size being 14 of 15.6 ...

I dont prefer brands like , ASUS , ACER ..:-? ..Main thing... I want a laptop that will not have heating issues for my usage and with Original Win OS.

rider

as Kratos
Guys... now I have changed my budget for laptop from 45k to 30 ~ 35k due to the purchase of my new phone :p ...

I'm not going to game on the laptop... just use it for browsing,occasional videos/movie watching... and programming (java, .NET , SQL... etc)..

Please suggest me any suitable models... If I can get a 3rd gen will be more than happy..

I dont mind the screen size being 14 of 15.6 ...

I dont prefer brands like , ASUS , ACER ..:-? ..Main thing... I want a laptop that will not have heating issues for my usage and with Original Win OS.

As per your requirement check vaio or Thinkpad models.
First suggestion is Thinkpad coz it has awesome battery life and durability. I hope it would be updated with 3rd in a month.

abhikdutta

Right off the assembly line
guys please help me. i have 33k to 34k budget... i want to buy a laptop...is asus a good option? i only play fifa 2012 and nfs...so is it sufficient to buy a core i3, 4gb ram, 2gb nvidia grafix model? or should i go with amd quad core processors?

saswat23

Human Spambot
This is the only option under 35k: HP 2000 2116TU Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/2GB/500GB/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
guys please help me. i have 33k to 34k budget... i want to buy a laptop...is asus a good option? i only play fifa 2012 and nfs...so is it sufficient to buy a core i3, 4gb ram, 2gb nvidia grafix model? or should i go with amd quad core processors?

which model? give link.

rider

as Kratos

New quad-core core-i7 processors start from approx 55k price tag so forget in ur budget.
Intel HD Graphics 4000 of 3rd gen processor core-i5 is good enough to play games like FIFA 12. It is almost as powerful as nvidia GT 525M of XPS 15.

far

Keep Going!
As per your requirement check vaio or Thinkpad models.
First suggestion is Thinkpad coz it has awesome battery life and durability. I hope it would be updated with 3rd in a month.

Can you be a bit precise... I assume that thinkpads will not have heating issues...and also.. any specific model that you can suggest ?

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
Though 640M will be able to let you play those games at least at medium settings, but if your sole purpose is gaming, opt for a desktop. Laptop can't replace it. And you will be able to game at max with much cash saved.

I thought about a desktop but i want the portability of a laptop as well,plus i'm not a hardcore gamer (by definition).

the DELL 17R comes with gt650m 2gb GDDR5....is it good choice

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I thought about a desktop but i want the portability of a laptop as well,plus i'm not a hardcore gamer (by definition).

the DELL 17R comes with gt650m 2gb GDDR5....is it good choice

650M is definitely very good. If the portability issue doesn't worries you, you may go ahead.

Top Bottom