All laptop related queries here!!!

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Ivy bridge core-i7 3612QM 2.3Ghz consumes just 35W, sandy bridge core-i7 267QM 2.2Ghz consumes 45W.

okey tnkz buddy..
good so heat generation will also be low in IB no?means longer lap life :-o:razz:

BTW i7 3612QM is 2.1Ghz and 2.3Ghz is 3610QM :| :wink:

raj_55555

Journeyman
Hey guys, really confused between Asus K53SM-SX130D (50000) and K53SM-SX010D(40000). My aim is to play hardcore games at low or medium settings. If that's possible with SX010D, I would love to save 10000 bucks.
Also I guess it would heat less. Is that right?

Can anybody cite an example of games that can't be played in those laptops?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Check this: HP 2000 2116TU Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/2GB/500GB/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook
Is that Clock Speed real? Or is that in Turbo Boost mode?

aroraanant

Explorer
Hey guys, really confused between Asus K53SM-SX130D (50000) and K53SM-SX010D(40000). My aim is to play hardcore games at low or medium settings. If that's possible with SX010D, I would love to save 10000 bucks.
Also I guess it would heat less. Is that right?

Can anybody cite an example of games that can't be played in those laptops?

Obviously among the two you acn get SX010D but why don't you get the laptop with ivy bridge i.e. 3rd gen processors.
Dump these 2nd gen and get the latest one bro.

rider

as Kratos
Obviously among the two you acn get SX010D but why don't you get the laptop with ivy bridge i.e. 3rd gen processors.

Yea! why to suggest people to get old laptops, if new ones are available.
Its better to get all new Dell Inspiron special edition in this price range.

lakhim

Broken In
Hi,:lol:

I am thinking of buying a laptop which I saw on Infibeam & Flipkart.
It is Asus Eee PC 1015CX-BLK011W Netbook Intel Atom/1GB/320GB/Linux.
I am choosing it because it is easy for my pocket and it is Asus and I am also been told that to gofor this laptop as it is good and easy to use for general home work.
But I want to know if I want to install Win-7 or play games suc as Far Cry or Crysis or even Most Wanted.Will it be helpful as I it seems I have to pay extra for portable DVD Writer.
Please help.

lakhim

Broken In
Well I've also looked on the other laptops and this laptop is good but a little costlier for me. It is Sony VAIO E Series VPCEG35EN Laptop.:shock:
Will it be ok for playing games or only general purpose work.:lol:

rider

as Kratos
Well I've also looked on the other laptops and this laptop is good but a little costlier for me. It is Sony VAIO E Series VPCEG35EN Laptop.:shock:

What is budget? That vaio laptop has no dedicated graphic card so not much for gaming.

aroraanant

Explorer

Most wanted can be played very easily on this.
But I suggest you to wait for IVB i3 processor laptops.

raj_55555

Journeyman

You mean the same model is available with 3rd gen core i5 processors? I tried to search flipkart, ebay and a few more sites, couldn't find any. Could you please help?

Also I read in wikipedia that Ivy bridge heats 20 degrees more than sandy bridge when overclocked, does it heat more even when not overclocked?

rider said:
Its better to get all new Dell Inspiron special edition in this price range.
Looking at it right as we speak. Is it below 50 k?

Guys thanks a lot, I really appreciate your replys.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
You mean the same model is available with 3rd gen core i5 processors? I tried to search flipkart, ebay and a few more sites, couldn't find any. Could you please help?

just a matter of time before same laptop with IVB shows up.

Also I read in wikipedia that Ivy bridge heats 20 degrees more than sandy bridge when overclocked, does it heat more even when not overclock?

if companies spend time improving the cooling then its nothing to worry about. but most just swap processors. thats why heating problem will be there initially. also let it launch and have someone review it. nobody knows if Asus has done something about IVBs heat.

rider

as Kratos

Also I read in wikipedia that Ivy bridge heats 20 degrees more than sandy bridge when overclocked, does it heat more even when not overclocked?

Looking at it right as we speak. Is it below 50 k?

Guys thanks a lot, I really appreciate your replys.

Yes, it is in your budget and comes with genuine windows and total damage protection that you are getting in asus. This one with 500GB HDD and this one with 1 TB HDD
It comes with 3rd gen new core-i5 and HD 7670M (keep in mind HD 7670M> GT 630M)

Last edited:

himanshubias

Broken In
hi
i have spent near around searching a good gaming laptop near around 50-55 k for 1 month and finalized hp dv6 6121tx but hp discountunied it when i am just to buy it :-?
plz help me selecting a laptop with nearly same confug. as in dv6 6121tx
config of dv6 6121tx is
Model No - HP Pavilion dv6-6121TX

Operating System - Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Microprocessor - 2 GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM

Microprocessor Cache - 6 MB L3 cache

Memory - 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Memory Max - Upgradeable to 16 GB DDR3

Video Graphics - AMD Radeon HD 6770M (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

Display - 15.6" High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display (1366 x 768)

Hard Drive - 640 GB SATA (5400 rpm)

Top Bottom