Not open for further replies.
They are clean.
They are cheap.
They are cool.
They are healthy.
They make you strong.
They are the future.
They are Bicycles.

How many of you regularly use bicycles for travelling here ?
How many of you agree that bicycles rock ?

I started this thread so that we can discuss about and apriciate good bicycles.

Transport for the Human Being.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
They also break your groins but yes they are cool.

I had a Top Gear Ezy, and a mini Trailblazer before it, and one of Dasan's smaller range even before that. IMO you HAVE to experience driving with gears, its really nice and untiring to go from 1..5/6 than having one gear and pumping your legs over it and saturating in the end.

Unluckiest of the groin-victims are the BSA SLR owners :)

I have a Hercules Storm.
With Gears extra attached.

Its an awssome ride, and gives me no pains, but its a bit ugly looking now due to lack of maintainence. I need to get it fixed, because its unoiled, with flat tubes which might have a crack or two, has gears stuck in 5th gear, and is in an overall bad shape.

I am thinking of buying myself a new ride with those spring thingys for the seats and tires, to avoid the bump in the ass on tough roads.

It gave me a real pain in the ass when I raced with it once on a construction site, riding on tubes, jumping off 15 cm high steps, going up the same, and most painfully, riding full speed on a road with nothing but big fat jelly stones all over it. That was before I bought gears for my ride, and after 10 hours of doing so(3 years back), I couldn't sit on even a chair and ended up finding the toilet the best place to sit in :lol:

This bicycle was my third, but also the first *proper* ride. Looooooooong before that, I had a tricycle and a few years after the tricycle I had a mini bicycle. This was the only one I ever owned which was proper. But then again, bicycles are like Keyboards of computers. If it ain't too broke, don't get a new one,

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
'Sif age mattered, pfft, you should have known that.

Doesn't break your butts anyway, its the elbows and knees. Fun if you got a rink in your town.

Last edited:

digitizen

Journeyman
after almost seven years of not touching a bicycle and traveling only by motorcycle , i never thought il get bitten by the bicycling bug . it happened a year ago i was browsing for something and came across mountain biking and i got really interested . so after months of researching i finally decided to buy a bike and to my surprise all the good mtb's were expensive , never thought hercules had cycles that went for 26,000 . so i bought a sri lankan mtb called lumala storm which also has disc brakes and 21 gears , bought it for 7000 . i love taking the bike out on sunday mornings with a mp3 player its too good .

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
How much do a decent pair of blades sell for? Any recos?

i was a skater.good pair of quads(the ones with four wheels)sell for around 3000/-
but the inline ones are costlier.if you want good ons u gotta import em frm somewhere and i have a frnd who got em for ~21000.

omigosh!! ....21 gears??... are you going to the moon on that?
+1 :lol:

Five Gears is more than enough for most people.
And As for spending 7k on a Bike, its not at all needed.

I recommend going for a Standard MTB(the one which looks most like a normal cycle) with Gears attached. Some come with factory attached gears, so look out for them. They should cost you 3k maximum.

The only other mod I recommend in a cycle is a bump guard for the seat and the wheels, so that you don't get hurt much during bumpy rides.

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
I almost use bicycle for every purpose. whether it's going to school, or play or any other work. It is fast Who will be kicking motorcycles for that much long time :D :p

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
21 translates to 7 x 3 for those who don't know. 7 actual gears and 3 free-wheeling ones. That's a nice amount of flexibility, could achieve a faster acceleration if used well, of course top speed will not be higher, as most would think when they hear "gears". Its about how fast you reach there. :)

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I had TopGear. Got stolen in my apartments. Lot of cycles got stolen :( When I ride my bicycle, I need company. It's much more fun that way :)

praka123

left this forum longback
I had owned bsa slr,hero,hercules and BSA -what you call as "classic cycles" :lol:the last one I owned was a Hercules MTB with shock absorbers .all during school days.it was 15 years before.

seems like I too wanna cycle after a long time :p but already addicted to motorcycling ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom