All Bicycle Fans Here!

Are you a bicycle fan ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know a good Hercules MTB range bike with Shock Absorbers for both tires and seat, plus minimum 5 gears ? I am thinking of an upgrade.

digitizen

Journeyman
+1 :lol:

Five Gears is more than enough for most people.
And As for spending 7k on a Bike, its not at all needed.

I recommend going for a Standard MTB(the one which looks most like a normal cycle) with Gears attached. Some come with factory attached gears, so look out for them. They should cost you 3k maximum.

The only other mod I recommend in a cycle is a bump guard for the seat and the wheels, so that you don't get hurt much during bumpy rides.

are you kidding . no offence but what do you mean by a standard mtb . what you get for 3k maximum is just a bicycle used for commuting dont ver call it a mountain bike . and i lol'd at 7k being expensive for a bicycle , that was the cheapest low level mtb i could get . and the gears on the 3k bike's are there just for the show . some international bike brands cost more then three four lakhs .

are you kidding . no offence but what do you mean by a standard mtb . what you get for 3k maximum is just a bicycle used for commuting dont ver call it a mountain bike . and i lol'd at 7k being expensive for a bicycle , that was the cheapest low level mtb i could get . and the gears on the 3k bike's are there just for the show . some international bike brands cost more then three four lakhs .
What I mean is that a mountain bike isn't useful for most of us and a standard bike will do.

digitizen

Journeyman
What I mean is that a mountain bike isn't useful for most of us and a standard bike will do.

yea thats quite true . but buying a decent bike does have its advantages like light weight , gears help you ride better and the tyres will be good . good cycles like those from trek make riding better , be it mountain biking or commuting . the case with the sub 3k bikes is that you will pedalling a lump dead weight . better cycles give better riding experiences .

MTB is teh best pal in mud, monsoon, sand, and any other fu<ked up places
I know it is.
But I DO remember seeing an MTB range bike at 2.5k.
It was a standard design, nothing flashy, and I think its one of those models which sell mainly to those who are 5' 9" plus.
yea thats quite true . but buying a decent bike does have its advantages like light weight , gears help you ride better and the tyres will be good . good cycles like those from trek make riding better , be it mountain biking or commuting . the case with the sub 3k bikes is that you will pedalling a lump dead weight . better cycles give better riding experiences .
Needn't be true.
I have a Hercules Storm and it rocks.
Besides, if you don't sweat, how will you keep healthy ?
Mhg, maybe a Raleigh.
Abhinandh, anything cheaper? Dude, 21k is too much.
Raleigh ? Pic Please. And info page.

praka123

left this forum longback
Raleighs are costly as per my research minimum price Rs22000 and only available in some mall in bombay(they ships though)
see this thread or bottom of this page for more info ;)
Need help to buy a Bicycle.

^^

And I forgot to mention, I need sub 3k or sub 5k bikes.
With Shock Absorbers for tyres and seat.
Atleast 5 gears.
Needn't be flashy, but shouldn't be sissy or ugly either.
Should be able to carry 100KG minimum.

has anyone noticed that bicycles have become very costly these days ? What were once 3.5k are now 7k, etc.

I guess Bicycle manufacturers have noticed this surge in demand for bikes due to petrol cost hike and now they are trying to mint maximum money out of us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.