All About Wordpress - Themes, Plugins, Tips and Tweaks

Do you have a Self-Hosted Wordpress Blog ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Setup your Sitemap generator should take care of the indexing problem. Use the Google XML generator even if you are going to use Dragon Design.

gauravsuneja

macaddict
sabke paas wordpress ka paid account hai kya .mein toh theme bhi change nahin kar paa rahahoon .kahin se wordpress ke them ko blogger themes mein convert kaise karte hain tutorial do

narangz

Web developer
^^ Most have own domain & hosting. Checkout wordpress.org.

Wordpress.com doesnt allow custom themes or theme editing (I guess).

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Hey guys, got a problem.

Google Search is not giving any results when I search on my blog. When I use the search bar on my blog, it gives me no results for anything. :?

slugger

Banned
a lil strange
only your home page is getting indexed on google

did you play around with robots.txt?

do you have a google webmaster account.. if ya then u cud go threre to see when wwas the last time ur blog was indexed

check for web crawl errors there

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Weird! Robots.txt wasn't checked in the Google XML Sitemap plugin settings. And also, I have not been able to verify my site in the Google webmasters.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
was you site never verified?

did u add the code for verification?
I have tried both methods in the past, but it didn't verify the site. For meta-tag it gave error that meta-tag not found & for html file it said that System experienced temp probs.

I have put the meta-tag in the Wordpress theme's header file and the html file is in the root /www my blog is on /wp

@Manan
check ur awstats in logs

Googlebot 23444.09 KB19 Jul 2008 - 10:37

slugger

Banned
w/o verification u wont get webmaster results

but it does not mean google does not index ur site, unless u asked it to exculde the blog from indexing [robots.txt]

did u check if your blog content was getting indexed earlier?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Interestingly Yahoo crawls your website efficiently :)
*siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/search?p=*beingmanan.com&bwm=p&bwms=p&fr2=seo-rd-se

Its google realted issue

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
This is the right place to ask:
*www.google.com/groups/signin?login...le_Webmaster_Help-Indexing%2Fpost&cd=US&hl=en

slugger

Banned
noticed 1 thin

u got site at beingmanan.com and also www.beingmanan.com

not applied re-direction?

not sure if it is relevant but i happened to notice it now

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
It's been like that since it's inception. It was not an issue, I usually would see a post of mine if I searched on google but not now. :( Ah! damn!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^funny thing is this
Did you mean: beingaman.com

lolz...google's gone grazy
Yeah, it gave me that too.

@slugger: Webmasters verified when I used www.beingmanan.com and even beingmanan.com now. But, the sitemap gives error saying that sitemap contains www. and site does not. This is all in webmasters. Whatever problem is now, wasn't before.

I am getting this error on webmasters: We were unable to crawl your Sitemap because we found a robots.txt file at the root of your site but were unable to download it. Please ensure that it is accessible or remove it completely.

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer
Hey guys, got a problem.

Google Search is not giving any results when I search on my blog. When I use the search bar on my blog, it gives me no results for anything. :?

The Google search bar in your blog is giving me results but only the index page. I searched for professor. Searching your content on Google.com didn't give proper results.

I have tried both methods in the past, but it didn't verify the site. For meta-tag it gave error that meta-tag not found & for html file it said that System experienced temp probs.

I have put the meta-tag in the Wordpress theme's header file and the html file is in the root /www my blog is on /wp

Googlebot 23444.09 KB19 Jul 2008 - 10:37

What is your robots.txt content? Post the content here.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The Google search bar in your blog is giving me results. I searched for professor. Searching your content on Google.com didn't give proper results.
Even my site's search is giving me no results, How did it give you?
What is your robots.txt content? Post the content here.
# BEGIN XML-SITEMAP-PLUGIN
Sitemap: *www.beingmanan.com/wp/sitemap.xml.gz
# END XML-SITEMAP-PLUGIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom