All About Wordpress - Themes, Plugins, Tips and Tweaks

Do you have a Self-Hosted Wordpress Blog ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Check out the first page First post

I had sent my URL to google for indexing and even created a robots.txt page inorder to speeden up google's spiders (crawlers..whatever)
Now although my site is indexed, it has indexed my wordpress login page and not my homepage
This is a security lapse as anyone with my password and username can access my site
Please help...
PS. my site is NOT the blog link on my sig
I made a parallel thread on QnA but i need an urgent reply
Please Help

Last edited:

karmanya

Journeyman
I made a new wordpress blog, named it, modified it, made a first post- all the bells and whistles; now i have only one problem- having a .co.nr domain- how do i get my blog onto that domain? and how do i link that domain with webspace?
Yes i am a noob

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@VG try one of these:

Batch Categories WordPress Plugin

Category Converter WordPress Plugin

Category Overload WordPress Plugin

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
I had sent my URL to google for indexing and even created a robots.txt page inorder to speeden up google's spiders (crawlers..whatever)
Now although my site is indexed, it has indexed my wordpress login page and not my homepage
This is a security lapse as anyone with my password and username can access my site
Please help...
PS. my site is NOT the blog link on my sig
I made a parallel thread on QnA but i need an urgent reply
Please Help

Nothing to worry.. just for few days. Install All-in-one SEO Plugin and add Title, Description and add keywords in the settings. After few days the login page wont appear..

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@iMav
Thanks. "Category Overload" doesnt seem to have the feature which I wanted but I think "Batch Categories" will do the job. I'll give it a try. Thanks again. :)

@ Gigacore
Thanks Man..:)
I was worried there for a sec (read : Paranoid):(
And Great Theme
Seriously how do you come up with such designs? :eek:

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Gigacore...stop releasing sponsored themes....those won't get you any popularity...release pure free themes......put ads on your blog....go places ga ga....check clazh.com as a designer..earning lots.

With free themes...lot of people will use it and you will be able to release on many wp theme site including weblogtoolscollection.com

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I made a new wordpress blog, named it, modified it, made a first post- all the bells and whistles; now i have only one problem- having a .co.nr domain- how do i get my blog onto that domain? and how do i link that domain with webspace?
Yes i am a noob
Login to your co.nr account
Then Website Information
Fill in the form, give the target url of your webspace.
Should do the trick.

karmanya

Journeyman
I have my blog ready locally- as in i've designed it on my /localhost/ url, but how do i upload it to the internet so that other people can view it?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
You need to get yourself hosting where you upload the files and then re-direct co.nr there. If you want to use free hosting then use x10hosting.

karmanya

Journeyman
Ive created my x10 hosting username.. though how do i upload my wp-content folder? do i need to do each file indiviually?

tuxfan

Technomancer
Do you have FTP access? If yes, you will need to install FTP client (software). You can try filezilla. It's free.

With FTP, you can upload entire folders in one go.

With regard to my earlier query
My sites homepage has not yet been indexed :(
How long will this take?
I have created a google webmasters ID
Can it help in any way?
And How do I create a sitemap for a wordpress site?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Being Manan said:
Dagon Design Sitemap Generator:
Makes a really really nice sitemap for your site. It also allows you to link your XML format sitemap too. A demo.

Google (XML) Sitemaps Generator: Generates A Sitemap in XML format that helps Bots & Search Engine in crawling your site.

For more plugins thatI use:

WordPress Plugins I Like
WordPress Plugins I Like #2
WordPress Plugins I Like #3

Status
Not open for further replies.