-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
i still can't understand "what good online petitions are?" kalpik
jus venting ur anger online with no resulting o/p

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I took an AIRTEL 512KBPS Unlimited connection Rs. 1499 pm.

My download speed doesn't ever cross 30KB/s, but my upload speed hits 50KB/s

I called AIRTEL to say, WHAT THE BLOODY HECK(used a few more words, a "she" caught the phone, so stopped soon), and they say the new Rs. 1499 plan has only 256KBPS.

How could this be, a 256KBPS UL for Rs. 1499, who are they fooling. I can't find any solution, nor can I change my connection due to some other VERY LENGTHY issues WITH AIRTEL ITSELF.

I feel tried, tested, cheated, everything. WHAT DO I DO, to get my 60KB/s download speed BACK?????????

Impatience is the new life. WTF!
Initially I thought to get the 20GB plan just to check out 16Mbps but later I realized that I can't manage withing that limit. I need at least 60-70GB/month.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I feel tried, tested, cheated, everything. WHAT DO I DO, to get my 60KB/s download speed BACK?????????
That's insane. A 256Kbps unlimited plan on MTNL costs Rs. 999, I believe. The amount you're paying if a rip-off. Have you confirmed the scheme on their website as well? I still have Airtel's brochure in front of me, which clearly states Rs. 1599 is for 512Kbps unlimited. Just confirm it again or speak to a higher authority at their contact centre.

Also did you try downloading from an FTP or HTTP based site? A torrent download would be pretty bouncy depending on the amount of seeders & peers.

Xmen360

Broken In
Back when I was on BSNL UL900 (now 750) I used to download/upload in total 60GB per month.Now I am on H500 and I clock avg 100GB/month ....but lately I dont download much...it hovers around 40GB per month.

pingu789

Right off the assembly line
Airtel has povided us with good facility.It will decrese the work of those who work mainly on internet .

well, airtel is trying to get subscribers towards this scheme. It did put an end to the unlimited@249 GPRS plan:cry: and changed the rates to 30 paise/50 KB i.e 6Rs/MB. (ridiculous)

the 16Mbps and 20 GB limit plan is extremely stupid. If it was possible (for me ) to downloaded 10 gigs in a month with the GPRS connection (laptop was always ) then how long will it take to cross the limit with the speed provided???

any ways with no internet connection, I am having a NICE time 8)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Also did you try downloading from an FTP or HTTP based site? A torrent download would be pretty bouncy depending on the amount of seeders & peers.

I've done SPEEDTEST for ultimate confirmation.

here were the results:-

Download SPEED = 0.32 Mb/s
Upload SPEED = 0.29 Mb/s

A few days ago, my Upload SPEED was = 0.45 Mb/s

tejass

tHe rEacTioN iS hEaTinG
Bharti Airtel has launched 16 Mbps broadband in the country.

This service, powered by Airtel's Carrier Ethernet Network, will be initially available in Delhi NCR, Chennai and Bangalore with phased roll-out in Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai and Kolkata.

K Srinivas, Joint President, Telemedia Services, Bharti Airtel said, "Airtel has constantly strived to innovate and deliver high quality products to its broadband customers. We are the leading private broadband service provider in the country and pioneered 8 Mbps broadband. It gives us great pleasure now to be able to introduce the fastest, wired broadband service on DSL. We will be able to offer 16 Mbps broadband to 70% of the households in the 3 cities of Delhi NCR, Chennai and Bangalore."

Airtel delivers its broadband service to customers through a fibre backbone of Carrier Ethernet Network with last mile delivery on copper using ADSL2+ technology. This technology enables ultra high-speed broadband which is scalable and affordable.

Customers have 2 tariff plans to choose from -

- Speed Combo 2999 - receive 16 Mbps broadband speed with monthly data transfer limit of 20 GB along with a fixed line connection at Rs. 2999 per month.

- Speed Combo 4999 - receive 16 Mbps broadband speed with monthly data transfer limit of 50 GB along with a fixed line connection at Rs. 4999 per month.

Source: *tech2.in.com/india/news/internet/airtel-launches-16-mbps-broadband-in-india/64222/0

are there any user in forum of this service,wat wud be the actual end user speed we will get is not mentioned here!! but still 16 is great !!

amitash

Intel OCer
Useless plans...on my bsnl home1800 i dload around 45gb at night and still cross the 10gb limit in the non-unlimited hrs...

demoninside

In the zone
well MTNL 256KBPS UL and only total of 675 with tax and everything, and I use it more then 20 GB .. :)
Hack 20 GB on 16mbps line, they must be out of there mind. That too cost 3K without tax.
This is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom