Airtel Launches 16 Mbps Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
20 GB...man i download almost 2gb in the free night time given to me by BSNL, so in just 10 days, I'll exceed the limit...:p

On BSNL H500, I used to go 4GB/night on alternate days after my 10th exam. I ended up downloading 60GB in one month, yet only Rs. 500 per month charge :D

Thats why BSNL launched H150 and H99 plans. These new plans loot n00bs who buy them so that it can subsidise guys like me with H500 :D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got Home 1000, as I easily cross 2.5GB while browsing during day time in a month and I think I deserve more than 256kbps of upload. :|

expertno.1

Technomancer
Lol , will i eat pickle out of speed ? if there is such a worst download limit .

512 kbps unlimited @1300 is far better . Or the bsnl night ones :grin:

On my current Airtel 1Mbps plan I have a limit of 150 GB and I can very easily manage within that. I never download more than 70-80 GB/month. ATM I don't need this 16Mbps crap.

amol48

Searching...
On my current Airtel 1Mbps plan I have a limit of 150 GB and I can very easily manage within that. I never download more than 70-80 GB/month. ATM I don't need this 16Mbps crap.

What plan is that? Never heard of it. How much it charges you?

sanads

Tech Lover
both the plan very poor

AMDX2 4800+, MSI K9AM2, SEAGATE160GB, SAMSUNG15'' CRT, LG DVD WRITER, ZION 1GB DDR2 RAM, MICRISOFT USB MOUSE, LOGITECH EX100 WIRELESS KEYBOARD, LOGITECH 2.1 SPEAKERS

What plan is that? Never heard of it. How much it charges you?
Hitboxx has it too. Rs. 2222 per month. 150GB/month limit and if you exceed limit, speed goes down from 1mbps to 512kbps.

I think the best now is BSNL C500 Plus. Rs. 600/- per month, with 20% discount for govt employees so 480/- per month. 2.5GB download limit per month. 2AM-8AM unlimited download. No Phone rental. 50 free calls. And 80 paise for 1 pulse per phone call (Re 1 became 80 paise after discount), with local landline calls @ 3min/pulse, and mobiles/outstation calls @ 1min/pulse.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I, for one, am glad that Airtel is actually trying to bring broader pipes into India. Sure, I would’ve preferred it to have been unlimited as well and am glad people in India are protesting against their plans, which might put pressure on them to eventually bring cheaper, less restricted plans to India.

But till that happens, at least Airtel is giving us the option of getting faster connections. Remember, not everyone wants a fast connection for downloading stuff. I want it because my job is entirely Internet based. So, I’m going to subscribe to their 20GB for Rs. 3,000 plan and then get another Internet connection from either them or BSNL that allows unlimited downloading. That’s the best I can do right now within my budget of Rs. 5,000 per month for an Internet connection.

Of course, for people with lower budgets, these plans solve nothing. But hopefully it will turn out to be a step in the right direction and we will see them introduce better priced plans in future. :)

@Gautham,I have Airtel 2222 plan and the limit is 100 GBs and speed gets reduced to 512K if we exceed the limit. I use 50-60 GBs to the max,so this plan is the ideal one for me. Moreover,I get speeds of 160kBps on HTTP downloads. So,I'm getting well over 1Mbps here.

@Aayush,5K per month for just internet? Robbed a bank or something?

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....
as statedbsnl 500c combo is the best .
i pay 500 bucks p/m and dl approx 150gb .
i've completely tweaked my connec to give >=200kbps thro torrents and a simultaneously 150 kbps for direct download from 2 to 8.

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....
as statedbsnl 500c combo is the best .
i pay 500 bucks p/m and dl approx 150gb .
i've completely tweaked my connec to give >=200kbps thro torrents and a simultaneously 150 kbps for direct download from 2 to 8.

ps the cake is a lie ( re stated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom