Airtel 3G prices reduced !

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Biggest News coming this evening
Bharti Airtel has slashed its 3G tariff plans, in some cases by up to 70%. The move stands to spark off a price war in the 3G segment, in an industry that is still recovering from the 2G price wars, and gradually increasing 2G voice rates from their all-time lows, with new TRAI proposals forcing matters.

Reports indicate that Vodafone and Idea will also be cutting their 3G rates in the near future, with different rates for each circle, depending on usage and presence. The Indian market of course, is very price sensitive, and reduced prices could really help bolster sales in lagging areas, and help it penetrate at a mass market level.

According to recently released figures, Airtel has roughly 9 million 3G customers, but apparently, only a quarter of that number can be counted as active data subscribers. Airtel has disclosed some of the new rates – its cheapest plan is now Rs. 10 for 30 minutes of high speed browsing. Other plans include Rs. 45 for 150MB, Rs. 100 for 300MB, Rs. 300 for 1GB, and Rs. 1,500 for 10GB. All previous plans will have a higher amount of downloadable data, for the same rates.

In volume-based browsing rates, prepaid and postpaid customers will now pay 3 paise per 10 KB, which counts as a 70% reduction from earlier prices (Rs. 10 for 10KB) . Airtel’s recently introduced Smartbytes mobile plans should also help users get the best value from their plans.

Source

LOL
Today itself when i went to recharge store for routine recharge The guy informed me that Airtel 3G Prices has dropped realising that i am one of the regular customer of 3G Coupons and I went freaky.

Bought 7 ,11rs Cards right away.(~80rs)

I am easily able to download around 600mb with one card(30min.)
So my 80Rs will easily allow around 4.2 GB of download .This is a dream come True

Till now i have been using 6GB Airtel 3G Plan(for my Phone) and now Prices has gone down.:)

Earlier I Used to get 10MB on 11 Rs Card now I can download Unlimited for 30min with same card

And Cherry on top is that my Airtel 3G Download Speed never falls below 500kb/s mark.
Cheers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Re: Airte 3G Price Cut by 70%!!!!

This is not any cheap If they can provide 3GB for 250/- I would call it is cheap I think this a temporary plan to attract customer but i will make full use of it
thanks sujeet for sharing.

masterkd

Padawan

wow..now my monthly 3G usage will get doubled..thanks for the news!!

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!

Ofcourse.

Doesnt matter if its a Trick or not by Airtel.

Read my endnotes.
This has proven damn effective for me so i am riding on it.

reddead

LoSt!
Aircel effect....they just aanounced new 3g plans a while ago,IMO they are much cheaper with unlimited download limit bundeled with Fup....

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Whatever..its a good move.Why not increase Broadband speeds to :)

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!

^^
You mean Cable Line Broadband.?

Lets see if something happens for that :)

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent

I think they have reached break even point for investment made in 3g.So now new strategy to milk max out of 3g.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Airtel has officially increased FUP for the 499 plan.The airtel CC told me.

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!

499- 1 mbps still 25 gigs-then 256 kbps

Thats a Steal i should say!!

BTW why all these generosity on one day.?!!
I wonder if Airtel is sharpening their Knife in Dark to butcher out the Sheeps.!!!:mrgreen:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Thats a Steal i should say!!

BTW why all these generosity on one day.?!!
I wonder if Airtel is sharpening their Knife in Dark to butcher out the Sheeps.!!!:mrgreen:

Actually the 499 Plan was a plan that was avail 2-2.5 years ago.Then they stopped selling it.So only people who have it can benefit it.
In 499(100 calls free to airtel nos :cool:.
But airtels realy generosity will be shown when they increase the FUP-cap Speed from 256 kbps to 512 kbp

suyash24seven

Journeyman

on the airtel website, there's a recharge for Rs.9 which lets the user access 3G for 30 minutes. what is the speed like? i mean how much data can one download in 30 minutes? also, i can connect it to my laptop using nokia PC suite, right?

Last edited:

pramudit

Gaming hardcore

aircel is still cheaper... 198 for 1gb 3g data and then 128kbps FUP... dont know why these company dont even give 256kbps after FUP...

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

on the airtel website, there's a recharge for Rs.9 which lets the user access 3G for 30 minutes. what is the speed like? i mean how much data can one download in 30 minutes? also, i can connect it to my laptop using nokia PC suite, right?

4-5Mbps.

Yes, absolutely. :)

reddead

LoSt!

aircel is still cheaper... 198 for 1gb 3g data and then 128kbps FUP... dont know why these company dont even give 256kbps after FUP...

thats better...also airtel is gonna charge a lot if one goes beyond the time or data.......

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!

Read the End Notes of First Post.

Top Bottom